Gtl big problem

Hello
I decide to post net thread.
I want to ask how many people play GTL on vista because i have i big problem.
When i start game, buy new car and play on singleplayer everything is look fine.The trouble starts when i try to play a multiplayer sesion.I chose new car , server and game start loading.When loading is finish i see everytime the Mini Coper.I try on different mods , try on different cars but still when load is finish a see the Mini.
I reinstall the system Vista 32 or Vista 64 but i still have this same problem.
Maybe this game not support the Vista but i try to run game on compatibility mode using XP but still nothing.
Maybe my hardware not supported this game. I have a Gigabyte EP54-dDS4 motherboard with Core 2 Quad , 8 Mb ram , Radeon 4950.
Thanks for any solution or help

Knut I got Your mail, thanks.

The server You mentioned was my test server yesterday!

Stu I installed sounds first but I'm not 100% sure if I repeated it on my fresh install.

I'm really appreciated for your offer setting a server special for me, but as I told You yesterday on TS, I will be near my PC first on Monday. I work and work in different towns which are 200 km apart and I can get to my PC only Monday - Thursday - when I'm in work.

So till Monday I can and will only try it on my laptop.

Hi fellows.

Knut thanks for the profile!

On weekend I tried to run GTL on my Work laptop, which is Centrino 2 with 2 GHZ, 4GB Ram and piece of crap - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 4500 Extreme - extremly not suited for any kind of games, exept for Doom 1 or Wolfenstein 3d possibly Minesweaper. This machine runs XP Pro.

Never less, I tried Knut's profile - I got all cars but couldn't go online with login and pass Knut made for me, instead I used my old online login and pass. Installed Abarth, NSU and Corolla - and guess what car I was sitting online? Yes it was Abarth TCR #16.

I was so surprised by it, I really couldn't believe - how could it be... completely different profile, completely new files - all new - except on-line login and password. But it was true...

Tonite I tried again but I created a completely new Login and Password and this time I could choose whatever car I want! I tried almost all cars and every time it worked.

I have to check it out tomorrow on my game pc with this new login, I thought about running the league on laptop but I achieved miserable 18 FPS when more than 4 cars were in front of me :(

Keep your finger crossed it works.

My second idea is to install Abarth, but not posses it, simply sell the car in garage, maybe this also could help?

Will post results tomorrow!

Here is my result.
1st selling a car won't solve this problem.
2nd re-creation of multiplatyer profile using completetly different keys was my solution!
3rd when a online profile is damaged You need to remove all entries in registry with 10tacle.

Thanks to Knut, Piotr, Ryan, Stu and all others who helped me on this.

Already made a safe copy in GTL archieve in case when something goes wrong, also I'm gonna get some more keys for online.

Once again thx guys for patience and help - I'm so happy!!!

Roman, I also had this problem (as did Gary Lennon) with Win7 Home 64 and found the same thing happened with a few other add-on cars. I tried everything with no joy and finally concluded that the problem might be with GTL Light/2008 and of course the use of either of these is necessary to get it installed and I tried them both more than once.

My final solution was to set-up a dual boot system with Windows XP just to run GTL. I know, a real pain in the butt and not the answer you were looking for. I had to get up to all sorts of nonsense to squeeze XP into my system.

I also suppose that there is a problem with GTL light / 2008, because when I applied this "patch" on XP running machine the problem came back like a boomerang.

Maybe I try it today with my old login on XP without a "patch", if there will be no problem than it will be clear that GTL Light causes problems and we need to be careful with additional cars.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%