[GTL] Abarth's @ Monaco 79 - 19th April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
Time for another GTL night. This time we go to the other end of the horsepower range, the delightful little Abarth's. However, the challenge will still be there because the track will be Monaco 79.
Please note that all participants will need to download the track and the stand alone car pack for this event.

Date: Saturday 19th April 2008

Track: Monaco 79 (addon track)

Laps: 30 laps (One pitstop is compulsory).

Cars: Abarth

NOTE: The car pack must be installed.
The car pack provides an additional 5 skins to make it more interesting.

Track Download: You will need the Monaco 79 V 1.21 which can be downloaded from here:

Altbierbude - Dein freundlicher GTL-Server

You will need to register to get the file but is free and easy.

Car Pack: You must download and install this carpack:

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Server: RaceDepartment

Password: click here

Schedule (GMT time)

19.00 GMT Practice
19.30 GMT Qualifying
20.00 GMT Race

Server settings
Dry weather

PLEASE NOTE: If you don't install the car pack and track, you will not be able to enter the server.

Signups

1 Gaynall Hudgins
2 Heppu
3 Hans Sneep
4 Simon Bacon
5 Chris Vick
6 Ezpi
7 Luc Frachon
8 hansje

Reserved drivers

Overall, a good race for me.:thumb: Thanks to all who ran and thanks to Warren for setting this up!:D

I was slow in practice and qualifying, running mid 1:59's. I qualified 5th of 8, which was OK. On the first lap, a mistake ahead of me allowed me to go into 4th. I stayed there for a few laps, and then spun myself, losing a spot back to 5th. Then I had a nice battle for several laps slowly catching back up, and finally overtaking for 4th when he clipped the wall down at the harbor.

I ran the mid part of the race comfortably in 4th, with some good consistent laps including a couple of 1:58's. I went in for my pit stop at lap 20, and forgot to reset the pit limiter, so I got a stop and go. After my stop & go, I was still barely in 4th, and holding on, when I spun on the last lap, and lost the place again.:(

Ah well, finished 5th of 7. I felt that was pretty good for my first try with an Abarth, and only my second race in GTL. I make too many unforced errors. I need to work harder on consistent times without mistakes. All the racing that I saw was very clean and careful, so it was a great outing overall!

Chris

Big thanks to Warren for setting this up and those who raced.:thumb: Had a nightmare first lap and quickly found myself playing catch up:brancard:
Anyhow, had a fantastic few laps on my own catching Hans Sneep (great driving), decided to pit in and went for the whole wash 'n' wax, which cost me a lot of time! Had some more catch up with Hans but didn't have the momentum to pass. By which time I was being caught and lapped by Heppu (how is he so quick?:alla:) Big thanks to Heppu for lapping so cleanly, sorry if I delayed you. Even though I finished last I had a really enjoyable time, thanks to those who participated. Hope more folks join in for the next one.

My first online race:rockband:

I was nervous as Hell....
In qualf. good not get under 2 minn. but started in 6 place, brake urly for the furst corner and get past.
Try to go to stady laptimes and past 1 car? make some mistakes underway.
Pit in lap 18 for tires take 37 sec. and went out again.
Get past by Heppu (He is FAST) Finnest in 6 place after 29 laps pfffff..
Glad I made it (not lapped by the hole field..).
I am not so familliar with online chat, hope to improve.

Thanks to all the racer's and se you for the next race.....

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back