GTL 10th Anniversary Patch

Here are screenshots of WIP new UI slightly redesigned as I wanted to keep original spirit of this old gem :) tmp-cam--971381554.jpgtmp-cam-2108569033.jpgtmp-cam--391175274.jpgtmp-cam-1703346945.jpgtmp-cam--1070361572.jpgtmp-cam--297638655.jpgtmp-cam-1634555986.jpgtmp-cam--696591552.jpg

Last edited:

I took a good look at "GT_Legends_10th_Anniversary_PATCH_v9_7_beta2" and I am impressed with it. Thank you for breathing new life into this iconic Sim. It and GTR2 are the the last truly complete racing simulators; everything since is a "work in progress" missing critical elements.

GTL was available in 9 languages : en, fre, ger, ita, spa, ru, cze, pol and hon. Does someone here still own this lang pack ?
I think it would be a good option for GTL 10th Ann. Patch :)
I have ENG and FRE so now I need Game.dic file for GERMAN, ITALIAN and SPANISH.
For CZECH, POLISH, and RUSSIAN we need both Game.dic + UIassetts.GTL available in UIData folder.

All four of my GTL installations are in english but I can send you one of my four original discs (CD or DVD) if that would help.
I tested GTL 10th Anniversary Patch v9.7 beta 4 on a Steam installation and it worked perfectly. I have nothing but positive impressions; no obvious flaws and tasteful, subtle updates to its iconic interface. Well done!

Thanks, in fact if you have some free time I would prefer that you extract UIData\GAME.DIC+UIASSETS.GTL from each language as I don't want to download 2Go or more for few lang. files :D

Last edited:
I have only tested the betas on (Windows7) CD and (Windows10) Steam installations because the machine that had the DVD installation was upgraded(?) to Windows10 and I subsequently had nothing but problems with it until I uninstalled the local version and then added GTL to my Steam account. I still have the DVD but its installation is not in use and I therefore would be happy to snail-mail it (and/or a CD set) to you if you want it.

I approve of and appreciate your continued effort to maintain the relevance of GT Legends and GTR2: I am pleased to contribute whatever I can to your work.

Last edited:
I have made a little mistake in fonts colors in v9.7 as selected track and locked tracks are both black :D
So I have fixed it but I hesitate between grey or red for locked tracks : which one do you prefer ?
Now available tracks are black and selected track is white
GREY.jpg RED.jpg

Grey would probably be the most used for unselected; red would make the track stand out more than meaning 'danger'. (no way to stroke the text with red?)
But then it is hard to distinct black and grey. It looks superb (red clashes with orange) but would orange for selected track be lots of work for you?
I'll have to try this once you sort it out, great job! :thumbsup:

Ok I will propose orange and lighter grey options in the evening, thanks for advices ;)

Edit: so here is alex suggestion and seems to look good :)
Available tracks in black
Selected track in orange
Locked track in clear grey
ORANGE.jpg
This hotfix will be included in v9.8 but I provide it here ATM :
- install GTL 10th Anniversary Patch v9.7
- download GTLUI.MNU.TXT and rename it as GTLUI.MNU
- copy-overwrite GTLUI.MNU in your GTL\UIData folder

Edit2: removed link as hotfix is included in v9.8 uploaded today

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?