AMS2 GTE @ Kyalami, Thursday 27th October 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Great clean racing mates! I grabbed the results for y'all.
Race one

Attachments

• RaceDeptGTE Kyalami 1.jpg
    RaceDeptGTE Kyalami 1.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 52
  • RaceDeptGTE Kyalami 2.jpg
    RaceDeptGTE Kyalami 2.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 56
  • RaceDeptGTE Kyalami 3.jpg
    RaceDeptGTE Kyalami 3.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 51
Sorry Colin, i squeezed u too far towards the wall in race 1, was light contact but pitched cars into a spin unforunately. Didnt realise the main straight veered that much to the right a bit as my vision was covered by the car in front. so was angled a bit to the right while you were angled a bit to the left.

I watched the race 2 replay and there were 2 sandwiches happening simultaneously, its such a wide track at the start...

I was killed race one - pushed into the wall to the right of the start - it's easy to forget some folk have a single screen and can't see a car alongside but I was properly alongside whoever pushed. Ach well. Good fun none the less.

Aha - no worries MunkyBoo. Wasn't sure whether to limp round and repair, but glad I did lol.

Last edited:
Sorry Colin, i squeezed u too far towards the wall in race 1, was light contact but pitched cars into a spin unforunately. Didnt realise the main straight veered that much to the right a bit as my vision was covered by the car in front. so was angled a bit to the right while you were angled a bit to the left.

I watched the race 2 replay and there were 2 sandwiches happening simultaneously, its such a wide track at the start...
The grid spots are virtually on top of each other too which means you end many wide!

Cheers for arranging, that was good fun. I'm still a bit nervous racing side by side on AMS2 as I have no idea where the other car is. I've just gotten used to the ACC radar, feels like that race 2 start crash would have been avoided if radar was an option.
Go for crewchief if you don't already have it.

3 cars across the straight in front of me, didn't help my race. On turn 5 some wheel banging, a spin as a result. In other words race over. Did a recovery attemp but the car was uncontrollable after the spin, what is that? It happens everytime, tyres weren't cooked or something like that. Sorry for the 'rage' quit. Beter luck next Tuesday. See you guys then have a nice weekend!

Cheers for arranging, that was good fun. I'm still a bit nervous racing side by side on AMS2 as I have no idea where the other car is. I've just gotten used to the ACC radar, feels like that race 2 start crash would have been avoided if radar was an option.
Great you enjoyed it. The racing is good indeed. Especialy also because contact between cars is less dramatic as in AC and ACC or iRacing. Looking forward racing you more often.
Try this one Swanny: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/radar-spotter-overlay.250161/

Also, would you mind using your full name in races?

3 cars across the straight in front of me, didn't help my race. On turn 5 some wheel banging, a spin as a result. In other words race over. Did a recovery attemp but the car was uncontrollable after the spin, what is that? It happens everytime, tyres weren't cooked or something like that. Sorry for the 'rage' quit. Beter luck next Tuesday. See you guys then have a nice weekend!
can relate. We need to be more aware of the drivers around us. We cant win the race in T1. But losing it there (or even before) is easy. So please guys. be fair and patience.. chances will present themself.

New event is set. Remember that you can be helpfull in aiming for bigger grids. Drivers atrackt other drivers. If we manage to set a grid of 10 by this weekend, this will help other decide that this is something thy will like to participate in... So.. looking forward to all of your subscriptions for nexxt week.

Unfortunately AMS2 uses your Steam ID as your ingame name. There is no work-around at the moment. You can change your name within AMS2 but, it doesn't affect the servers, yet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back