AC GTE / GT2 @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday 18th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Race 2 was a lot of fun. Great battle, @Kek700 :thumbsup:

I also saw @Medilloni's anti-slipstream technology in person and would like to invest :roflmao: He says he was trying to be nice, but I'm suspicious... just kidding :p

PlainRecklessBluetickcoonhound-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I can't believe I messed up big time.

Regarding the first lap incident, when I was up the hill, aki turned sharply to the left, but then he corrected to leave me space, but I have steered already a bit more, mounted the curb and went I was ...

Some pictures thou:
View attachment 356163View attachment 356164View attachment 356165View attachment 356166View attachment 356167
:roflmao: :laugh: thanks for that Raresch, I was the one going underneath you, I actually ducked in my seat... and I don't have VR:laugh:

I hope you, and everyone else enjoyed tonight buddy, these events are for fun, yes, sometimes we might get a bit serious 'in the moment', though fun's the name of the game;)

HUGE thanks to all for making it tonight, great racing from everyone - and congrats to the podium guys!

Really enjoyed the climb back from the 1st race accident, thanks so much guys for the super fair racing:thumbsup:

2nd race was a fine demonstration of my waning attention span:laugh: ...totally knackered after the first race, trying to keep up with @Aksu (obviously humouring me:laugh:) and keep @Chris Down at bay became my mission, then like Cinderella my concentration disappeared at midnight after 1 and a half races - my glasses actually steamed up with the effort ffs:roflmao:.

Thanks for the fun last couple of laps Chris, I felt really guilty when I moved over to give the place back, I should have said something on TS not :whistling::p

Really liked the BOP, put me on the back foot, other wise it would have been, well, clinically boring, ran softs to spice it up a bit to. ( your always on the back foot you silly old sod ):cautious:
Most impressed with @Chris Down , so fair, :thumbsup: made it an inevitable but enjoyable mind game.
Yes It was inevitable, he was obviously quicker and my tyres were going off fast
plus he had a lot of speed on me on the long straight, there was little I could really do, but I tried. I was at the point were I really needed to back off to get the cars soft tyre to the end.
He went by and I eventually backed off, John very kindly gave me his place at the finish line:) what a kind lad he is.:thumbsup:
Great event @Medilloni, repeating my self again, shame there was not more people!
Good battle in the first race with George and eventually a fast closing John plus Patrick was just to quick eventually pulling away.:)

I was watching you hold Chris off for lap after lap Ernie. Was masterful. He was so patient too. Great to watch.
I enjoyed it while I lasted. Race 1 was grand just didn't have the overall pace. Then 2nd race I binned it again, very annoying. Was blocking the road with severely overheated rears and my keyboard wouldn't respond to the escape key. A common USB issue with the new x570 boards that no9ne seems to.openly discuss. So stressful.

Will post a comment about my race tomorrow maybe, now I just want to say sorry to @Raresch for hitting him in race 2. I hope you did just spin and didn't hit the wall:unsure:
I didn't hit the wall. I stopped in time. At least that. Funny how every time I've hit someone yesterday, I spun and they had nothing, but when I get I am projected straight to a collision course ... But, well, I just have to learn how to race in a crowd. I have to do more races with AI and less races for the "perfect setup" or for the "best lap time"

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%