AC GTE @ Daytona - Sunday 12th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@H_Belane
Me too Hank, we both must of been going to the back of the field together.:roflmao::roflmao:
Yes there is a trick, forgot to do a standing start test, so never implemented it, and being an old git my dexterity is somewhat lacking, :roflmao::roflmao:so, flick it into first when the lights go out, immediately flick in into neutral, the car will be moving, unless your reactions are that fast, :unsure:then flick it back into first again, not a perfect solution, but much faster than chugging.

Most enjoyable race for me, full of racing with a lot of the field , which I enjoyed very much.
Great racing with you all, then about 1/3 onwards it was just plugging out the laps, so from that point on it got a bit tedious, never looked like catching Brian, that proved to be the case.
Just could not get any pace out f the 911, why I have no clue, but it mattered not.
I must congratulate Robert, well deserved win too, and Brian for his fault free run to the flag.
CA1720B5-6D6B-4CAD-827E-901136032D12.jpeg

Most enjoyable race for me, full of racing with a lot of the field , which I enjoyed very much.
Great racing with you all, then about 1/3 onwards it was just plugging out the laps, so from that point on it got a bit tedious, never looked like catching Brian, that proved to be the case.
Just could not get any pace out f the 911, why I have no clue, but it mattered not.
I must congratulate Robert, well deserved win too, and Brian for his fault free run to the flag.

I could just copy/paste your report and add in a good start :)

Got done by only one car, Laurent's c7r, off the line. Success. Got past him after a lap or so, but Robert and Fulvio were out of range. Stiff shoulder was interesting mid race. Robert was too quick, particularly on the fresh tyres the gap just opened up lap after lap.
Had a small battle with richard again in the other coke Porsche but nothing too exiting this time! Managed how fast ernie was catching me as best I could. Luckily it wasn't a longer race.
I don't know how many times this has happened between myself and Ernie over the last few years, where one of us just needs another few laps to start the fight! Battling the realtime makes for good fun still :) It was only the good start that got me the P2 ahead of Ernie. He seemed to have the better late stint pace.

See you next week :thumbsup:

Last edited:
A win at Daytona :confused::inlove: never thought that would happen. Car and track just felt right together, even with me at the wheel :roflmao:

First few laps with fulvio were intense! Rabbit mode indeed :laugh:

Once he left I could pull back a little, but Brian was holding steady behind so I couldn't get too relaxed. Managed to hold it together till the end, probably much to Jim's surprise :p

Thanks for running this track Brian and everyone else showing up. This track deserves a big grid! See you all next race :thumbsup:

Congrats Robert and thank you for organising Brian!

I had a lot of fun in that race. I'd been worried about the start as I struggled to get the Corvette off the line doing practice starts in the pitlan. However, it turns out the 911s bogged down even more meaning I was able to gain a few positions at the start. Everyone was super careful and respectful through T1 and I think we all made it through alive :thumbsup:

Had a great battle with @Programmer_Rich in the first half. I should have pitted earlier to try and undercut but I was enjoying it too much. Eventually @dbx71 and I tripped over each other on the entry to the oval and lost a few places. Comong back I had a good battle with @The Almighty Snark whose tyres were on their last legs, I think; apoloiges if the pass into the chicane was too close - it felt fine from my perspective but appreciate it might not have from your point of view. Finally, @robthesquare and I had a drag race to the line after he very patiently chipped away at the gap and just nabbed 6th from me.

That race has inspired me to think about having a go at the Endurance championship.

@H_Belane
Me too Hank, we both must of been going to the back of the field together.:roflmao::roflmao:
Yes there is a trick, forgot to do a standing start test, so never implemented it, and being an old git my dexterity is somewhat lacking, :roflmao::roflmao:so, flick it into first when the lights go out, immediately flick in into neutral, the car will be moving, unless your reactions are that fast, :unsure:then flick it back into first again, not a perfect solution, but much faster than chugging.
Well, that works on the Nissan GTR GT3, but I just tried it, and it was an utter failure, so it is Brian's method, low first gear then utilise 5 gears for the circuit.
Sorry about that Hank, @H_Belane

Congrats Robert and thank you for organising Brian!

I had a lot of fun in that race. I'd been worried about the start as I struggled to get the Corvette off the line doing practice starts in the pitlan. However, it turns out the 911s bogged down even more meaning I was able to gain a few positions at the start. Everyone was super careful and respectful through T1 and I think we all made it through alive :thumbsup:

Had a great battle with @Programmer_Rich in the first half. I should have pitted earlier to try and undercut but I was enjoying it too much. Eventually @dbx71 and I tripped over each other on the entry to the oval and lost a few places. Comong back I had a good battle with @The Almighty Snark whose tyres were on their last legs, I think; apoloiges if the pass into the chicane was too close - it felt fine from my perspective but appreciate it might not have from your point of view. Finally, @robthesquare and I had a drag race to the line after he very patiently chipped away at the gap and just nabbed 6th from me.

That race has inspired me to think about having a go at the Endurance championship.
my apologies for that @davejevons.

unfortunately, my race went to hell on lap 31. disaster struck as i overshot turn 5 and went into that cursed tire wall. tried desperately to get off the wall and back on the track, only to end up spinning all over the place and running into the wall multiple times. in the process, i overheated my tires and the rest of the race was just a total write off, sliding all over the place and hitting another tire wall up the track. lost so much time with these shenanigans that it wasn't even funny.

so frustrated i nearly rage-quit, but decided to just stick it out to the end to at least finish the friggin' race.

i tip my hat to you guys for being able to run these races with very few, if any mistakes, it's hard to keep focus for that long (again, at least for me).

Robert, you ran a superb race. excellent work out there, and way to represent for the corvettes!

i'll keep at it...

Last edited:
I think; apoloiges if the pass into the chicane was too close - it felt fine from my perspective but appreciate it might not have from your point of view.
It was fine, just not expecting it, I figured you would get me on the exit and use the draft to gain some extra speed to hunt on!

@Partick Eaton I am sorry for hitting you on the back straight, initially it looked like you tried to block me but hadn't fully cleared me but I just checked the replays and it looks like my nose understeered into your rear end! I shouldn't have gone for the pass on the lowside there!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years