GTE Cars slowing down/stopping mid lap

Hi all, just recently ran into a problem with the GTE cars. Today at Le Mans, the Porsche RSR suddenly slowed down, & would only accelerate very slowly. Same with the BMW M8 at Indianapolis; Aston Martin at Hockenheim. I have assists turned off. All other AI then proceed to pass me. Running an amd 3900 & rtx 3080, so the game should normally run fine, even on high settings. Anyone else run into this issue? it’s a real deal breaker, just completely ruins the game; otherwise this game is awesome, when it works. Any help would be great; Many thanks

Hi all, just recently ran into a problem with the GTE cars. Today at Le Mans, the Porsche RSR suddenly slowed down, & would only accelerate very slowly. Same with the BMW M8 at Indianapolis; Aston Martin at Hockenheim. I have assists turned off. All other AI then proceed to pass me. Running an amd 3900 & rtx 3080, so the game should normally run fine, even on high settings. Anyone else run into this issue? it’s a real deal breaker, just completely ruins the game; otherwise this game is awesome, when it works. Any help would be great; Many thanks
Its not a problem with your pedals?

No, that‘s what I initially thought too. But I tried all other sims (R3E, ACC, AM2) and they all worked fine. It happens only with RF2! Did some googling, & it seems that this has been a problem with RF2 for a while. Normally I should be able to run it on ultra settings without a problem. Kind a lost atm Thanks for your reply btw.

Last edited:
if the cars are slowing down, say from 180mph to 160mph that is an in-game physics issue. I would suggest raising the ride ht and bump stops & springs to see if the car is bottoming out.(or look at ride height with Motec)

If the framerates are dropping down drastically, like single digit drastic, and the time shown on the race info screen slugs slowly from second to second, that is your computer running out of resources to run the simulation in real time. (which based on your hardware is HIGHLY unlikely)

No, that‘s what I initially thought too. But I tried all other sims (R3E, ACC, AM2) and they all worked fine. It happens only with RF2! Did some googling, & it seems that this has been a problem with RF2 for a while. Normally I should be able to run it on ultra settings without a problem. Kind a lost atm Thanks for your reply btw.
Did you check it in calibration setting in rf? The only reason I say this, is that i had an issue similar and it turned out to be my brake pedal would sometimes come on very very slightly, and cos it was intermittent, It has hard to notice until I looked in the settings in the game. Just to be safe, I now have a very slight deadzone just in case.

Does it do it at the same section of track? As mentioned previously, could be the game physics, aero, low car etc.

I’ll try your suggestion out, thanks for that. I’ll calibrate in game & not in ghub. Btw, in my last race at Le Mans with the 911 rsr, the car stopped completely lol, from 270 km/h down to zero. I’ve also deinstalled it, & will reinstall today; just to see if the vanilla version runs fine without any workshop content.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back