AC GTE @ Bridgehampton - Sun 6 Oct 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My consistency is very poor Raresch. I have made a mess of most races I have entered and have been well placed in many. I have come to realise that I have a flaw in how I brake into turns that can cause the rear end to come around on me. At times I feel the car isnt stopping the same way as it did previously, I brake a little harder and I know the rear is gone before it even goes. I would love some advice on this.
George, I have the same problem. It became better after I got the advice to keep the front wheels straight while braking hard but not good enough to match the lap times of the aliens. I think the fast guys are more capable in "throwing the rear into the turn" by oversteering and countersteering so they can go faster on the throttle in turns.
Everytime I try to do this, I end up in a spin. Of course it's hard to use the right braking power to do that with pedals that have no loadcel (I use a G27). But alien Enzo is even on my rig always a lot faster. So it's mostly my driving skills. Recently (thanks to @Craig Dunkley) I discovered the Ginetta G55 with which throwing into the turn is a lot easier. So I'm now planning to do a lot of practicing with the G55 to improve on that aspect of racing. And than trying that with more difficult cars.

My consistency is very poor Raresch. I have made a mess of most races I have entered and have been well placed in many. I have come to realise that I have a flaw in how I brake into turns that can cause the rear end to come around on me. At times I feel the car isnt stopping the same way as it did previously, I brake a little harder and I know the rear is gone before it even goes. I would love some advice on this.

How do you setup your brake balance for races? Do you use tailbraking? What kind of pedals do you have (loadcell, ...) ?

How do you setup your brake balance for races? Do you use tailbraking? What kind of pedals do you have (loadcell, ...) ?

Fanatec V3s. In GT3 cars balance is normally around 69 i think. I understand trail braking to be coming off the brake gradually, and holding it a bit longer into the corner?

But since I installed the brake performance kit for the pedals it takes a lot of the pedal travel out for a firmer pedal. This makes it a bit harder to modulate I think?

Hey George, here's a MUST WATCH on the 'how to', he really nails it:

edited for waffling:p

Seriously though, watch the vid, and good luck buddy:thumbsup:

Fanatec V3s. In GT3 cars balance is normally around 69 i think. I understand trail braking to be coming off the brake gradually, and holding it a bit longer into the corner?

But since I installed the brake performance kit for the pedals it takes a lot of the pedal travel out for a firmer pedal. This makes it a bit harder to modulate I think?

Yep, exactly :thumbsup:

Hmm, ok.. So as far as I can see, there are multiple combinations for the Fanatec V3 brake performance kit, depending on which color of the Elastomer springs you are using.. The range is from "very hard" to "soft" - have you tried all of them?

69 brake bias should be ok, depending on the car, of course. Did you also try to use different rear wing, toe/bump and ABS settings? (Please note: I'm not a car setup expert :D)

Yep, exactly :thumbsup:

Hmm, ok.. So as far as I can see, there are multiple combinations for the Fanatec V3 brake performance kit, depending on which color of the Elastomer springs you are using.. The range is from "very hard" to "soft" - have you tried all of them?

69 brake bias should be ok, depending on the car, of course. Did you also try to use different rear wing, toe/bump and ABS settings? (Please note: I'm not a car setup expert :D)

Yeah have tried most of that and when I do have good consistency its normall when I have much higher wing settings than the faster guys. As soon as I drop the wing/stability down i run the risk of rear comming around. But this problem is mainly in the 650. In general I have a hard time modulating the brake and end up stomping on it at some point which is normally a race ender.
I haven't tried all combos of the elastomers but I have one red one green like most. Was thinking of going back to stock to get the increased travel to modulate better.
Im really bad with car setup. really need to learn more.

Hello what machine for a beginner will be the best
Hi Orbitface, to take part you'll need to become a premium member, it's ridiculously cheap for the fun you'll get:) Info here: https://www.racedepartment.com/pember/membership-new and you'll need to show your real name for events (in the race and Teamspeak), info here on how to set Teamspeak up: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...eating-a-bookmark-for-race-department.102253/

The event you replied to was run on Sunday 6th Oct, tomorrow's race is at Red Bull Ring here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gte-red-bull-ring-sun-20-oct-2019.174294/ most say the BMW is easiest/most forgiving, and if you do use it there's a few of us that can maybe send you a setup if you want one, just shout.

There's another couple of excellent events this Monday and Wednesday, both perfect for beginners too. Monday's is: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/skip-barber-zandvoort-monday-21-oct-2019.174289/ and the standard setup is amazing. Wednesday's is here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/c6r-spa-wednesday-23-oct-2019.174314/

If you have any questions I'm sure @JoelK and @Craig Dunkley will be happy to lend a hand, or anyone for that matter:p

Good luck and hope you have some fun here.:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years