AC GTE @ Brands Hatch - Sun 22 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys very sorry but something came up and I need to go out. Will miss race

Was on practicing earlier too, typical. See you in next one :thumbsup:

I was in a decent position and having a good battle with @HF2000 and then ....6 laps or so in and I gave up ...visitors arrived and came into the room I was in and started talking to me ..I mean what the fook ..I was left with no darn choice :mad:

Hope you all had a good one and congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I was in a decent position and having a good battle with @HF2000 and then ....6 laps or so in and I gave up ...visitors arrived and came into the room I was in and started talking to me ..I mean what the fook ..I was left with no darn choice :mad:

Hope you all had a good one and congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
@Craig Dunkley Yes, that was fun! Sorry that you had to leave. My race was after that pretty uneventful.

In the last part of the race my tyres went out of temperature and pressure window. Never seen that before. It was my second set of softs and it didn't happen with the first set. Lap times were pretty much the same so...

Congrads to the podium and @Medilloni @Kek700 for lapping me :notworthy:;).

Thanks Joel for organising!

Good race for me, plenty of very good battles, getting a bit tired after 70 odd minutes then someone felt sorry for me and dumped me out of the server.:roflmao::roflmao:

Many thanks to “all” for very fair racing and Craig and Joel for the organising:thumbsup:

Does anyone have an explanation for the disconnect, my ping showed P15 ???

Good race for me, plenty of very good battles, getting a bit tired after 70 odd minutes then someone felt sorry for me and dumped me out of the server.:roflmao::roflmao:

Many thanks to “all” for very fair racing and Craig and Joel for the organising:thumbsup:

These Sunday events are all @JoelK ..I sometimes help him out with updating the thread, basically because he does long hours at work and night shift every other week!! But thanks for your kinds words, it is nice to be thanked, our time is purely voluntary we do not get paid :thumbsup:

And to be thanked, you both well deserve, without you both there would be no racing, not only that but the organisation that goes into making the race for us all very fair, after spending a month on open servers, I appreciate all that is done for us all.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am sure that I not only speak for myself, but for everyone that takes part in these events.

Better stop there, It’s getting a bit cheesy.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Just watched the replay Ernie and gutted to see you pitched out with so little time to go.:(

Thanks to you too for great racing early on - someone went off in front of us at Graham Hill, I could only avoid by going up the bank and thought you'd have got me there.

Funny that Joel had the poll for this thread re race length, by 60mins my concentration was as shot as my tyres (how did you guys get away with softs!?:O_o:). The Missus let the dogs out, they barked and I went off:roflmao:, then some peeps started a natter on TS, thought the race was over and backed off with 10mins to go:O_o::laugh:

I had an eventful race yesterday. The conclusion is: HOW the **** DO YOU OVERTAKE ON THIS TRACK? Let me explain.
Quali: blew up my last lap when entering the back straight. I overestimated the distance on the right, braked on the curb and out were I. I was 0.5s faster than my fast lap. :mad::mad: My wheel supported that mistake pretty good :whistling:. P9 - good enough.
Race: Reached P6 until the second corner, but been overtook on the inside. I think I am not aggressive enough, looking more to the CarRadar than on the road in the first few corners. Then stayed in P7 until a small mistake, trying to hard to keep the pace with the guy in front. P9 again.

HOW DO YOU OVERTAKE ON THIS TRACK? I was stuck behind @Shung for laps in a raw. Nice defending mate. Also, it's so damn hard to follow, especially when you have other braking points ... I had to brake multiple times longer than I was expecting and braking earlier, just to try to avoid a collision. It's so hard to follow and pass, especially when you also have the same car. Braking too much to avoid contact made me lose the rear and lose position. But at least I had what to fight for. I took back 12-15 seconds and I finally got that P8 :D so glad when I did

P.S. @HF2000 I was behind you at some point. Very clean driving from you when I tried to overtake (I was the black Ferrari with colored stripes). Couldn't do it in the first try, tried it a second time in the last corner, did you let me pass, or you just didn't have enough traction? It felt much easier than the previous attempt so that's why I am asking.
P.P.S. @Kek700 I was driving and suddenly someone zoomed across the track like it was under the map, like I was on a bridge or something. Very weird. No worry, didn't hit me or anything. It just felt very weird.

Last edited:
I had an eventful race yesterday. The conclusion is: HOW the **** DO YOU OVERTAKE ON THIS TRACK? Let me explain.
Quali: blew up my last lap when entering the back straight. I overestimated the distance on the right, braked on the curb and out were I. I was 0.5s faster than my fast lap. :mad::mad: My wheel supported that mistake pretty good :whistling:. P9 - good enough.
Race: Reached P6 until the second corner, but been overtook on the inside. I think I am not aggressive enough, looking more to the CarRadar than on the road in the first few corners. Then stayed in P7 until a small mistake, trying to hard to keep the pace with the guy in front. P9 again.

HOW DO YOU OVERTAKE ON THIS TRACK? I was stuck behind @Shung for laps in a raw. Nice defending mate. Also, it's so damn hard to follow, especially when you have other braking points ... I had to brake multiple times longer than I was expecting and braking earlier, just to try to avoid a collision. It's so hard to follow and pass, especially when you also have the same car. Braking too much to avoid contact made me lose the rear and lose position. But at least I had what to fight for. I took back 12-15 seconds and I finally got that P8 :D so glad when I did

P.S. @HF2000 I was behind you at some point. Very clean driving from you when I tried to overtake (I was the black Ferrari with colored stripes). Couldn't do it in the first try, tried it a second time in the last corner, did you let me pass, or you just didn't have enough traction? It felt much easier than the previous attempt so that's why I am asking.
P.P.S. @Kek700 I was driving and suddenly someone zoomed across the track like it was under the map, like I was on a bridge or something. Very weird. No worry, didn't hit me or anything. It just felt very weird.
@Raresch it was not my intention to let you overtake that easy, but because you were in my blindspot on the outside, I didn't want to risk a collision and went a bit too much of the raceline wich cost me speed. I had a setup with almost maximum downforce because I can't get the hang on Brandshatch for some reason so you were faster on the straights anyway. Your overtake was just a matter of time. Good and decent driving you.:thumbsup:

Just watched the replay Ernie and gutted to see you pitched out with so little time to go.:(

Thanks to you too for great racing early on - someone went off in front of us at Graham Hill, I could only avoid by going up the bank and thought you'd have got me there.

Your quite correct, i could have easily passed you at that incident, you had survived a lot of pressure
for many laps with no mistakes, I had repeatedly put you under pressure, how could I pass you on
someone else’s incident. When i did pass you it was because of your mistake, that’s different in my
book.
Likewise when you retook your place it was because of my mistake.:)
Ps, sorry about that, tyres were in the red.:(
Ps number two, as @Raresch stated, overtaking here at Brands is very difficult without taking a dive
up the inside, not worth the risk.
Ps number 3, is my imagination but trying to save an oversteer when rear tyres are in the red, seems
virtually impossible.:mad:
Ps number 4, can’t stop waffling on and on and on.:rolleyes::laugh::laugh:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%