Password: click here

Class: GTC76 - Porsche 914-6 only
Track: Road Atlanta & Zandvoort 67
Track Downloads: Road Atlanta (Long layout) & Zandvoort '67
Weather: A balmy and dry 72º C

Practice: 19.30 GMT - 30 mins
Qualification: 20.00 GMT - 20 mins
Race: 2 x 15 laps

Skinpack: Porsche 914-6 skinpack You must have this skinpack installed to run this event.

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Péter Bártfai
  3. David Cuthill
  4. Marty Pierce
  5. Simon Bacon
  6. Andy Marsden
  7. Kris Leeten
  8. Matt Crouch
  9. Warren Dawes
  10. Amir Margalit
  11. Benluigi Tustorosso
  12. Sam J Simpson
  13. Mark A Warmington
  14. Piotr Misiorek
  15. Nigel Atkins
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Dave Stephenson
  2. Marc Good
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Luc Frachon

5. Driver

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I'd like to think that the skinpacks I've done for GTL (which are, after all, only on cars where there is basically one skin in the game) will be used for ongoing events, any events that involve the cars I've done. Cars like the Alfa, Cortina, Elan, 911, Mustang etc, where there are loads of skins for them in game, then they won't get touched, because there's no point. I didn't do the packs for me, they were for all RD GTL racers.

No-one thinks anything of downloading a track for an event, and this is the size of a (smallish) track download. There are 2 download tracks for this event, but you decide not to run it because of the skinpack download? I don't get the logic. You were at Goodwood, and Warwick Farm and this is not much bigger than both those downloads.

As for the trouble, no-one's had any aggro about, or taken any trouble over, this apart from me. I wasn't around for the league, but I'd have offered to skin that too.

It's a shame Eck. We'll miss you on the track. Hopefully we'll see you when there are default skin only events (of which there will hopefully be enough).

• Matt Crouch

I think it's worth the extra 20 seconds it takes to extract a skin pack to add something a bit special to the event.

Sign moi up bitte

For anyone a little put off by the skinpack, I offer the following in case it eases any concerns.

There are only a few skins in the pack, so file size is kept reasonable, so download time should be short.
The skins are easily identifiable in the game (in case people are worried about using them in non specified on-line events), Stuart has included a special FD icon for the car selection menu.
They can be very easily removed again if HD space is a concern.
The skinpacks have been well thought out, and are very nice looking.

To me, they add a huge amount to the interest in the events. It allows us to use single car events that normally wouldn't be considered due to having only one default skin.

Thanks again to Stuart for this innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back