Password: click here

Class: GTC76 - Porsche 914-6 only
Track: Road Atlanta & Zandvoort 67
Track Downloads: Road Atlanta (Long layout) & Zandvoort '67
Weather: A balmy and dry 72º C

Practice: 19.30 GMT - 30 mins
Qualification: 20.00 GMT - 20 mins
Race: 2 x 15 laps

Skinpack: Porsche 914-6 skinpack You must have this skinpack installed to run this event.

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Péter Bártfai
  3. David Cuthill
  4. Marty Pierce
  5. Simon Bacon
  6. Andy Marsden
  7. Kris Leeten
  8. Matt Crouch
  9. Warren Dawes
  10. Amir Margalit
  11. Benluigi Tustorosso
  12. Sam J Simpson
  13. Mark A Warmington
  14. Piotr Misiorek
  15. Nigel Atkins
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Dave Stephenson
  2. Marc Good
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Luc Frachon

5. Driver

• Andy Marsden

I'm looking forward to tonights event, not sure if I will stay on for Zandy though - been feeling less than perky today and might have an early night.

Thank you all for the races!

Road Atlanta: Had my best start ever, up to 6th from 11th!:) Was running 3rd, nobody near me, when I reached last lap, and I got disconnected.
Zandvoort: Started 13th, not as good this time, but ok:) Had a nice fight with Amir in the first few laps, but then my tire overheating problem came, and I could hardly control the car in right turns (which is the most), I was spinning all around then decided to quit as it was a bit dangerous!

The cars are great, I love them! The tracks are also, just didn't know how to solve the tire problem at Zandvoort!

Thx all again!

Wow!! That was short, sweet and immense fun!

I sucked at Road Atlanta (didn't last more than 3 laps) and blew it at Zandvoort (where I had the speed but forgot that I was using manual clutch and H-Pattern. I got distracted by the car in front and missed my braking point for turn 1. I dropped 3 places back to 8th and then hit the clutch not brake for the next turn.

Result? Car vaulted the fence and brought an end to my night.

These things were lethal but great fun. GTL does it again!

cheers all for the races.

supprised by Atlanta. solid last but keeping it on the road proved the winning formula, was up to 8/9 when i remembered I should have really fueled for the raceafter qualy. oh well. I finished and thats all I care about.

Poor a zandy, bad qualy and bashed up the back end a bit. was a bit to keep to step out then so I called it quits after the 2nd spin in a lap.

Gah! Running 4th at Zandy and crashed out to desktop. Sorry if my PC instability affected anyone else, I had a couple of micro freezes before the big one let go.

Still, a simply magnificent evening's Porsche-ing , with Tusto setting some blistering pole times, and then eating his tyres by half distance. :D

The Porsches are definitely a handful, which added to the fun making it a uniquely GTL experience.

Join us again next week for a definite change of pace, when we jump into the beautifully handling, but less grunty Elites round both the Dijon circuits.

A night to forget for me... First time ever I quit out of frustration.
Quali at Road Atlanta went ok but in the race, couldn't keep the car on the track for some reason (maybe overheating rear tyres).
Missed practice and quali at Zandvoort due to wife and kid coming home and wanting a chat :) so started the race from last with no knowledge of the track. Lap 2, found myself on the wrong side of the fence at the hairpin, had to do a daredevil trick to jump over it and get back on the track!
But then kept spinning each lap so decided to call it a day.
These cars are fun over one lap but they require too much concentration over a race, especially given my lack of sleep...
Thanks anyway for organising and I'm looking forward for more GTL action soon!

• Andy Marsden

My first event for about 3 months and to be fair i'm waaay out of practice, and with the 914s that was a recipe for disaster!
Back pack qualifying postions for both races meant I had a bit of work to do...
Road 'Lanta is a very scary track in these cars, like a rollercoaster but not as fun! Ended up spinning into walls a few times and battered the car up too much causing me to retire.
Zandy was more fun as I found I was able to be a little braver here. Sadly I made a BIG boob on lap and lost it onto the grass at the back end of the circuit. Tried to stop myself but the car was on a runaway and I rejoined the track casuing a small pile-up - sorry to anyone who got caught up in that! :)
After that I soldiered on but a few spins and wall/embankment collisions nerfed my suspension so I had to retire for the second time.
Ah well better luck next time I suppose! I need to get back into practice it seems AND buy myself a wheel!
Thanks for the fun event guys and see you at the next one! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back