bild-1235294270-8338.jpg

Servername: Use Anti-Deco + LAN/Direct IP Link - server ip supplied on sign up
Class: GTC76 Nissan Skylines
Track: Rouen / Nurburgring GP
Conditions: 17.00 Game time
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 12 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Server is up and running :good:

I cannot get the Skyline to appear on it's own, it only shows up when the whole GTC76 class is selected, so don't be alarmed once you get in there. Just select your Skyline and away we go.

Another noob question, sorry...

I downloaded the anti-deco and installed it. I now have the new icon on my desktop with which to start the game with.

All I have to do is start the game using the new icon, choose Lan/Direct IP and enter the IP address that will be PMed to me right?

I am asking cuz I was searching around the forum and found other fixes along with the anti-deco and I am not sure if I have to install those too.

Since the server is up, will we be able to get the IP address before the race is scheduled to run so we can see if we are able to join the server?

Hi Stu,

put me in as tentative with no 47 please (my b-day is on wednesday and it's possible that some buddies will show up @ night to take me some place and it would be more than rude to wave them off then, and adiditionally sth. I wouldn't want to do any ways)

However, if they don't, we have a race into my b-day :D

Piotr - sorry I missed the sign up, that was on me, but I sorted your GPCOS as soon as I received your mail, so try logging in again.

Piotr & Ulli - Please re-read Warrens post about some problematical skins in the pack - ie the numbers you 2 have chosen.

If we start having issues, you may be asked to change cars.

This was my first time racing with you guys. WoW, that kicked ass! You guys are so clean! And a few of you are stupid fast too, like S.Simpson #35. I hope to be able to join many more races.

Race 1: took me some time to get used to the car, and even longer to get used to the track ;) (these processes are not even finished yet). However, my first quali lap turned out to be the fastest but still not enough to drive with the fast guys... the race itself had a couple of nice "battles" for my understanding, but unfortunately I lost the left rear tire and noticed only when the rearend came around everytime I used the brakes. Went into the pit and was hoping for the mouse cursor to select tires, but there wasn't one, so I thought, well, maybe they changed the tires already :D and took off, only to find out that I was wrong. So, pit... here I come again ;) this time I figured it all out, was kinda amazed that I could also choose from different brands of tires, indecisive as I am, it then took me some time to choose a pair but then I was ready to run again :) Finished last, but got to know a new track and a new car

Race 2) Same story, came in last although I was doing so good at first (pacing myself not to drive too fast so I would be off the track in lap 1) for a couple of laps :D Then on that downhill part that leads to the hairpin, I was a little too fast and off I went falling back. A S/G penalty did the rest, but at least I achieved my fastest lap in the race :D

One thing's for sure, the practicing a day before the race helped me a lot to get a better position in the races, but as I don't have that much time anymore, I will need to adapt my expectations accordingly :)

Still, I enjoyed this race event :D

Great to hear you liked it Carlos. For me this is the best place to race by a huge margin. Hope you stay here.

Last event I said that race was one of my best races, but now there is two more up there! It just keeps getting better.

Very nice to have some laps with Amir again in race 1. Feels like a long time since last time.

I started last in race 2. I had practiced here yesterday and I think it made a huge difference. Through the first laps I climbed up the scoreboard. Managing to pass Warren was the most fun:) Not the most elegant pass, but my foggy head managed to keep him behind after the long straight.

After that I did gain some on Gary, but the through the last laps I felt the tires give up. Finished 2nd, but I managed to set fastest lap by a whisker in front of Gary:)

This car has to be a keeper. Love the looks and sound of this car. Abit tricky handling, but IMO thats a very good thing!

Thanks for all the good racing gents! And mucho grazias RD e Stuartiñio

Still undecided about these cars based on tonight although that maybe a little unfair as I wasn't feeling great (damn flu)

Nurburgring. Didn't really enjoy this much at the beginning, until Sam pointed me in the direction of his setup and enlightened me to the fact you could actually change the tyres for different compounds :) After that it was just a case of putting the laps in trying to get accustomed with the car, which was oversteer and understeer all at the same time :wink2: Settled into a half decent rhythm by quali and managed P3.:woop:
The race started and although I made a good start, unluckily Piotr speared into me off the line and Gary,Warren and a whole load more squeezed through putting me down to P7 by turn 1. With a few people spinning I managed to get back upto P3 by around lap 3 and had a great scrap 1st with Warren then with Gary, getting upto P2, until on Lap 8 I over powered it coming out of a turn and around she went. Shame that as I was having a hoot. Managed to recover and finish in P4. Happy with that. :good:

Rouen. Not sure why but I had practiced the evening before on the chicaned version, so had a bit of shock when I came round T3 and no chicane :) Anyways practice was going quite well, able to put in some good times and that translated into a P3 for the race start.

Lights went out and again a good getaway, that was about as good as it got, had a little knock into the first few corners which put me down to 5th then gradually a lack of concentration and night nurse combined to see me gradually fall back down the grid. Was glad to see the end of the race and a P8.

I'd like to give these another go sometime, because apart from the first race I think I could get a little bit more out of the car the more time I spend with it.

Thanks to Sam for the set up @ Nurburgring and grats to Sam and Gary for the wins at Nurby and Rouen respectively, You boys where flying :fwd:

Thanks to Stuart and all those who turned out to make it a slightly bigger field than normal. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%