GTC76: Ford Capri's @ Moirana -Thur 14th March2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC-TC-76 Ford Capri's RS2600 & RS3100 ( Liveries )
Track: Moirana ( download ) v1.3

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 13 laps )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 13 laps )

Note 1: We will be using both Capri's. Race1- RS2600 and Race 2- RS 3100 + the liveries from the download pack
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 4: Unpack the Ford Capri car liveries into your GTlegends\GameData\Teams\GTC-TC-76 folder

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Hans Sneep #876 #84
  3. Kjell Eilertsen
  4. Brian Harlow#875#90
  5. Andrew Jarnell
  6. Victor Karacharov
  7. Rene van Zijp
  8. Warren Dawes #878 and #86
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Roland Warmenhoven
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Thanks for the replay Knut and thanks all of you for the racing!
First race was no good for me, I have a hard time with those 2600 cars as they wanna oversteer so badly! ><
Second race was going very well, sat 4th after the first couple of laps and was keeping up quite well with Rupe (2nd) and Jack (3rd) in front of me (Knut was 1st but in some other universe or whatever), that was until i got a bit hot headed and overshot a corner which put me down to 7th fast and a couple of corners later I was stressed out and made a stupid mistake again which put me into the wall resulting in a undrivable car. Too bad cos I was having a good race and tons of fun!
Again, thanks to all of you, making racing even more fun! :)

Wow, how embarrassing for me. :redface:
Huge apologies to those caught up in my Race 2 start drama, especially Roland who I really stuffed up. The dreaded Capri start (shifting from 1st to 2nd) pirouette caught me out again. However, just to show how dumb I am, after finally getting going again, I did it a second time, this time pirouetting into the left hand wall. :rolleyes::redface:

Apart from my embarrassing Race 2 start, I did manage to have a lot of fun.

Race 1, I slotted in behind Roland off the line (after taking the start veeeery carefully to avoid the pirouette). That basically set the pattern for the whole race as Roland confirmed his reputation as the hardest driver in GTL to pass. I hounded his tail for the whole race, but he wasn't about to make any slip ups (as usual).
Grats to Roland for a very good win, well done Rupe for the podium.

Race 2 was ruined by my start gaffes. By the time I finally got going , everyone was looong gone and I had no front splitter on the car, and the steering was damaged. The car seemed reasonable on left hand turns, but right hand turns were horrible. I caught Roland early after he must have had an incident with someone else, so I settled in for the expected race long look at his tail again. After many laps, Roland made his second (very slight) error of the year, letting me sneak past. I was so excited to finally pass him, I forgot about my car's right hand turning limitations, and went into the right hand downhill bend too hot and spun off. Back on my lonesome again to the finish. :(
Grats to Knut for the win, and well done to Rupe and Jack who sounded like they had a good close race.

Thanks to Rupe for organising and thanks to the hardy few who joined. :)

Hi, guys. Just a thank you all for being good racers and ignoring the noob staggering around at the back and getting in everyones way! I enjoy racing so much, but the old reaction times aren't what they used to be! (If they ever were!) That's why I gave up on GPL, as I was becoming an embarassment to myself. I guess the Minis are about the only car left that I can almost hold my own. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am looking forward to the next one. Race on!

Dont worry Brain, these cars are Probably one of the hardest to drive fast
Just ask Warren... we have both been bitten by these so many times..
Over the next few weeks we are going back to the slower cars again and then we build from there
over a number of weeks... It takes a while to get up to speed, We have all been there at the rear and being lapped. as long as your having fun that's what matters. We will help all we can as you have seen... see you next time ...
Weve got some Mini action for you, round Mondello to make you feel at home.. plus we all love the Minis so its a win win situation..:)

First things first: My apologies to Brian Harlow, for squeezing you off track in R2, lap 1. Even though there wasn't any contact, my missing the chicane entry left you nowhere to go but offtrack. I'm sorry, this had nothing to do with you "staggering", I was just too eager to get back up the ranks and should have been more careful.:redface:

Other than that, I had great fun. I love these cars, the awesome V6 roar, and the way they are a handful and force you to be on your toes every single second. That combined with a pretty challenging track made that this was no piece of cake for anyone. Well, anyone but GTL's residential nordic alien of course;) :D

I finally got the hang of keeping the smaller Capri on track just before Q1 start, did an error-free Quali lap and got to start from Pole.:) With Warren, who had been considerably quicker all through Practice, on my tail from the start I felt quite some pressure, but miraculously was able to keep the car on the road all race long. Being the safe gentleman he is, Warren got a few small overtaking opportunities, but backed out in order to stay clean. So I did win, despite not being the quickest driver!!

R2 was a different story: Started from 3rd, when Warrens car took him for a spin;) and I was unable to avoid contact. So from the back we got going again, I was too eager to get past Brian, waited, and then found Warren back on my tail again. We had some good fun once more, this time we did swap positions a few times, while slowly gaining ground on Jack and Rupe in front, who seemed to have a good fight going on themselves. But race was too short to catch more than a distant glimpse of them..

Thanks Rupe, I genuinely enjoyed this event:thumbsup:, grats to Knut, Jack and Rupe (double podium IIRC!) and thanks to all who raced, and CYA next time.

First race was no good for me, I have a hard time with those 2600 cars as they wanna oversteer so badly! ><

Kjell, try stiffening the front roll bar. You'll lose some grip from there, but it will make front slide more relative to the rear, making slides more catchable.

The default setup means it's almost pirouetting around those grippy fronts with all the engine weight over them, and if you can't increase grip at the rear, you have to lose it at the front to balance it out more.

Thanks for the tip Stu, I'll actually test that even though the race is over now. Even though I attended the setup event Knut held a while back I feel like I have no idea what to do when it come down to setups. That event was awesome but due to me not using it I've forgot all I learnt back then ><

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back