GTC65 Mixed (inc. Mods) @ Various - Tue 15th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer-mix.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC65 (excluding Lotus Elite / Ford GT40)
Track: Lime Rock Mountain
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only
Note3: GTC65 Ferrari 250 SWB (download) & Porsche 904 (download) included - the mods must be installed
Note4: Choose a car from Group 1 for Race 1, choose a car from Group 2 for Race 2
Note5: If you participated last time we ran this event (at the Dijons), you cannot choose the same vehicles as then.

Cars for Race 1:
AC Cobra 289
Austin Healey 3000
Corvette 65
Mercedes 300SL
Renault Alpine
Shelby GT 350
Ferrari 250SWB

Cars for Race 2:
AC Cobra 427
Ferrari 275
Jaguar E-Type
Lotus Elan
Porsche 904
TVR Griffith
Shelby Daytona Coupe

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson (Renault Alpine / Lotus Elan)
  2. Ulli Haus
  3. Matt Crouch
  4. Peter Gog (Shelby 350 / TVR Griffith)
  5. Knut Omdal Tveito (Corvette 65 / Jaguar E-Type)
  6. Warren Dawes (Ausitn Healey / Porsche 904)
  7. Kris Leeten (Austin Healey / Porsche 904)
  8. Chris Hartmann
  9. Steven Palmer (Renault Alpine / probably an Elan - he can't get enough of 'em :D )
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

What a nice event :)
You definitely keep things interesting Stu :thumb:

Thanks already

(btw, I put some time into understanding the basics of a good setup of a car... don't want to be "learn-resistent" :beat-up::))

And, to make it official...

I'm in :woot2:

Now Mr Thomson... Are you telling me I can't drive my beloved cobras? :(

Nevermind as at this stage I shall be working. Hopefully this one will be as good as the last gtc 65 mixed class.

There is just something about the mixed class events I love. I think it's just the realism of the whole thing, having a range of different cars in the race. Just love it!

Now Mr Thomson... Are you telling me I can't drive my beloved cobras? :(

Yes, mate. :good: If we force people to try out other cars, no-one gets into too much of a rut, and potentially discovers a new best friend in automotive terms.

There is just something about the mixed class events I love. I think it's just the realism of the whole thing, having a range of different cars in the race. Just love it!
Totally agree, they are also a bit more friendly as people are still getting used to cars, and the relative performance - single makes can get a little too punchy with some people.

No mate, think "Alpine with a Healey engine and 5 gears" and you're closer.

It's down on horses overall against the big boys, but handles really nicely to make up for it.

Probably would have romped the League, but it's better matched higher up the GTC65 food chain.

It's not as requiring of clean driving as the 906 either, so it's a pretty nice compromise proposition.

Hmm, I also would like to give the 904 a shot in R2.
For Race 1 it would be the Merc... euh make that Healey as I want to finish the same day as you guys. :) I had the Alpine in the league, the Fezza-event was 2 weeks ago and I don't 'like' the Shelby, Vette nor Cobra :)

• Matt Crouch

Just remembered someone at work is getting married so we're "celebrating" tomorrow. Should be done by then but if not, that's where I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%