Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
gtl-flyer3.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Password: click here

Class: GTC65 - Lotus Elites
Track: Dijon-Prenois (GTL default track)
Weather: Dry (late afternoon / early evening races)

Practice: 19.30 GMT - 30 minutes
Qualification: 20.00 GMT - 20 minutes
Race 1 - Sprint: Dijon-Prenois Short - 16 laps
Race 2 - Feature: Dijon-Prenois GP - 16 laps

Skinpack: Click Here for SkinPack

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's 2 Golden Rules:

1.If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.

2.Late sign outs or no-shows prevent others from entering club events. Some series have really hot seats and can be filled with ease for two or three times. If this happens too many times we are forced to terminate your club account immediately. Last sign out possibility is 1 hour prior to the start of the event (practice).

Not following these rules will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Additional Notice: You will need to know where your "lights" key is. This event is going to be an evening kick-off, so there may be crepuscular overtones to the track, meaning headlights will be required. Due to the server limitations the races start at the same indicated time as each other. I'm going for an 18.00 start for both races.

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. David Cuthill
  5. Ben Tusting
  6. Andy Marsden
  7. Richard Kay
  8. Matt Crouch
  9. Bram Hengeveld
  10. Knut Omdal Tveito
  11. Sam J Simpson
  12. Dave Stephenson
  13. Steven Palmer
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Serguisz Radecki
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver

Another fun time for me in the wee hours (while my wife sleeps on :love2: ).
The Elites are the most overlooked cars in the game (it was actually my first drive in them too) but they proved that they can be fun when matched with other Elites, and not all that easy thanks to the bicycle tyres on them.

The highlight of race 1 was Ben and I charging for the finish line side by side, it seemed like ages to get there, and he managed to beat me by a bumper. :rotfl:

Race 2, started and ended the same way. Lap 1 I speared it into the wall on the uphill right hander, and then bookended the race by repeating the same crash exactly on the last lap. DOH!
Lots of good close racing with so many people, couldn't help but enjoy it. :wink2:

Good race tonight chaps and a decent turn out. Grats to the two winners and welcome to Knut who did well in his maiden RD GTL race :good:

Did I mention it was nice and clean tonight :D

Thank you!

It was actually a messy night. I started good in Race1 and was up on 5th I think for a little while. After some laps my wireless headphones ran out of battery and I wasn't able to drive without sound:) Aborted the race, but had a good time while it lasted.

In the second race my ignition was off at the start. Pressed start button several times (there's a little delay before it starts...). Found out the ignition was off, when I had it started I got a car up my trunk. Sorry for that!

After some laps I think someone was spinning in front of me (not sure if it really was spinning). I hit him, and didn't think of letting him by until some corners later:( Let everyone pass and finally got into a good rythm. I had Warren Dawes in front of me for the rest of the race and worked hard to reel in the gap. Finally on the last lap I was quite close. Warren had cooked the tires and spun, managed to pass him and ended 6th I think.

Had a really good time, the last bit especially and I found GTL racing to be really entertaining. Definitely want more of that classic action. many thanks to the organisers:good:

Fun race evening indeed,

First race not that good had a bat feeling on the uphill esses (spin 5 times there)Quali in 11 spot en finish in 10 spot.

Second race going much better chance my setup, to little air in the tires they ware to soft and did a good Qualify 141.721 PB fore me start 11 , but get a good start , get a tab in the back in the uphill corner the guys are waiting on me and of we go, good not hold Warren so a lonely race it went 7 seconds in front of me and 8 seconds behind me till the end of the race ,did not make to many mistakes only slide's two times of and finish on 9.

Thanks Andy and Stuart the grid was good looking with all the nice skins.

Hans

I had a great time, thanks for the event.

Race1 : Didn't qualify as well as hoped and then overcooked it into turn one on the next five or so laps to end up at the back. Managed to get my rhythm going eventually and clawed a few places back in the closing laps.
Race 2 and just inside the time limit I set a decent sub1:40 time to get 4th on the grid. Which went down the pan straight away as I got swamped by Stuart and Bram on the start. Hung in though and was keeping Stuart under pressure until he eventually out braked himself a little into T1. Like he said though I lost the rear on the downhill left and he slipped back through. I then made a few mistakes trying to chase him down and it was touch and go for a minute when I 360'd 3 corners from the chequered flag. Fortunately enough the gap to 6th was big enough and I crossed the line with my head held high in fifth.

Only let down by my constant disconnecting PC. I think it was my TS coz when I joined for the second race I left it off and not one disco.

Very nice car/track combo just wish I had a bit more running in them.

Thanks Stuart for the event and all the gentlemen RDGTL drivers. Till the next time.:highfive:

Great fun last night, I actually like the Elites, light, skinny tyres, low power, momentum is everything cars, so they suit my driving and Dijon has a long enough straight for me to get a bit of a rest on, so that suited me too. :rotfl:

Race 1 (short circuit) I was kind of resigned to running round behind Ben etc. after messing up the start until they had their faux pas and I ended up getting past to run in 1st, missed my braking point for T1 on the last lap trying to check the hud for laps left, :poop::tongue: took me all the way through the sand to the wall, managed to reverse back out and still be 3rd behind Stu, the eventual winner, and David, then Dave ran out of fuel, almost hit him when he slowed because I'd already picked the side I was going to pass and he started to come over that way, presumably to give me room :sinister: so finished 2nd.

Race 2 (long circuit)was a very tight, and clean for the most part, :wink2: battle between Ben and myself for the first half of the race with us swapping places sometimes 2/3 times a lap and running along side each other a lot until he got it a bit too sideways coming off the downhill, left hand hairpin and I managed to pull out a wee bit of a lead, held that until the end to finish first, tired and happy.

Thanks for the fun guys and bring on the next one, although the TVRs are real brutes compared to these wee things it will still be a hoot. :good:

Sam

Some pics from the Dijon races:
1. The start - I especially like Bram trying to be stealthy with his lights turned off...in a completely white car. 10/10 for optimism there :good:
2. Croucher stalking Andy M
3. Ben and Bram trying to get that extra few bhp by shutting down the lights - like Apollo 13
4. Rick slides wide in the first corner and I nip through, with Warren closing in
5. Ben & Bram side by side just before they "hit"
6. I nip through the two who are waiting for each other after the make believe collision
6. Just up ahead is a corner, notice Sam's brake lights. Yes, they're not on. It didn't end well.

Attachments

• sh_st.jpg
    sh_st.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 193
  • sh1.jpg
    sh1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 226
  • sh2.jpg
    sh2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 199
  • sh4.jpg
    sh4.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 211
  • sh5.jpg
    sh5.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 177
  • sh6.jpg
    sh6.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 197
  • sh7.jpg
    sh7.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 178
From Race 2 - GP circuit:
1. Everyone gets round the downhill lefthander of death. A couple of cars are winking, due to some battle damage. David Cuthill shows everyone the way.
2. Warren, Steven, Hans & Knut drive through the smoke
3. Warren has a moment, but holds on and keeps in front of Steven
4. That downhill lefthander claims another victim and I pass Rick, to reclaim the place he took off me earlier when I decided braking was optional at a corner and he was bang on the spot
5. Knut & Hans touch and it ends with Hans facing the wrong way. Knut waits (good golden rule adherence Knut :good: ) and they get going again. Warren's just inspecting and testing those rivets. Safety first.
6. Ben gets loose after a bump on a kerb, Sam does well to avoid Ben's rear end. Good advice for life there.
7. Tusto takes out his fury on some innocent cones.

Attachments

• l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 182
  • l7.jpg
    l7.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 197
  • l6.jpg
    l6.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 186
  • l3.jpg
    l3.jpg