Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer_elan.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC65 Lotus Elan
Track: Charade / Nurburgring GP
Practice: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe - (20 min)
Qualification: 19.20 GMT / 20.20 UK / 21.20 Europe - (10 min)
Race: 19.30 GMT / 20.30 UK / 21.30 Europe - (15 laps) - The above session timetable will be used for both races.

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only.

• Matt Crouch

I take it back about my computer being fine it's now crashing as soon as I run any directwhatever content :(

Funny morning of racing for me.
Charade: Everyone kept disappearing during the first race (was it my body odour?? :giggle: ). By the end it was just Hans and I with Hans leading for his first win. :laugh2: He got so excited that he forgot to do the last lap, but we'll give him the victory anyway. :victory: :party2:

Pity about everyone missing this one though, what a fabulous track for the Elan, really great fun.

For Nurburg, we had only four of us but still lots of fun. Hans was still celebrating his previous win and forgot to put fuel in the car this time :rotfl:
Knut, Amir and I had a fun battle, often side by side or nose to tail, sometimes inside each other :laugh2:, but we managed to keep swapping places by taking turns to spin off etc.
All good fun, who says you need a big field of seriously competitive drivers to have some enjoyment with Simracing. :skywalker:

Only downer was that this track (Nurburgring GP) produced some of the usual problems of freezes and lagging for the three of us. No freezing for me thank goodness but some lagging apparently.

Yeah - I'm really sorry about having to jump last night.

My wife's grandmother died last week, we've got the funeral tomorrow, and some of her relatives who can't make the funeral were due to come over earlier, but turned up late, about 20.45 They were there until gone 23.00 so no chance for me to get back.

Apologies if it screwed anyone's event. But Charade's a great track, so that one will be done again. :good:

Warren Dawes said:
Charade: Everyone kept disappearing during the first race (was it my body odour?? :giggle: ). By the end it was just Hans and I with Hans leading for his first win. :laugh2: He got so excited that he forgot to do the last lap, but we'll give him the victory anyway. :victory: :party2:

Pity about everyone missing this one though, what a fabulous track for the Elan, really great fun.

For Nurburg, we had only four of us but still lots of fun. Hans was still celebrating his previous win and forgot to put fuel in the car this time :rotfl

OK,a little story:It was 2005 I think going on Holiday to France,on our way to the south,we where passing Clermont Ferrand and I remember that there is a great circuit on the mountain above Clermont, so I decide to go there on our way back.
So we did, found a camping near by and the next day we drove to the track,park the car and I went to the office,and ask the manager if it was possible to visit the track,no he said,no time (ouch) I told him we came especially here for the track told him it's a hobby of mine and that we visit the Reims track a year a go??

OK he said wait a moment , the next moment I sit in his car and we drove to the inside field behind the pits ,stopping by the control tower and he invited me in, showing me the control room,with all the monitors explaining how he set a yellow,and lots more.

After that it was time to go on track,in the first corner is a concrete wall whit lots of tyer marks on it, ye he said not every body comes clean trough,
after the first uphill corners he show me where the old (street) track going over in the new track,I think it is visible in the virtual track all so.
We make the lap, and on some points you get a clear view on Clermont , in real the track is steeper,than the virtual track!

Needless to say what this mend for me, my wife was waiting with our two dogs on the parking,and sough me step out the car with a Great smile on my face,the first thing see did was stepping to the guy give him a huge and thanked him for what he did for me!! This wash MY DAY!

I have the lap on video (no pictures) maybe I have to put it in You Tube?

Needless to say how I feel,driving self on this track in GTL ,was pretty nervous for the start and that was not working good for the race,bud the guys over here give me almost the same feeling I experienced that day in 2005, and not knowing this story!

So I hope now that you understand my problem on Nurby ,was racing hard to set a Quali.time and that was going bad,from one moment on the other i was on the grid,realizing that I had not enough fuel for the race,so by lap 10 go to the pit to get some fuel to Finnish the race,still on 4 spot lol.

Warren Stuart Knut Amir, thanks for a great race evening:skywalker:

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%