Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer_elan.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC65 Lotus Elan
Track: Charade / Nurburgring GP
Practice: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe - (20 min)
Qualification: 19.20 GMT / 20.20 UK / 21.20 Europe - (10 min)
Race: 19.30 GMT / 20.30 UK / 21.30 Europe - (15 laps) - The above session timetable will be used for both races.

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only.

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson - #610 (all white)
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Warren Dawes
  5. Kris Leeten (tentative)
  6. Matt Crouch (tentative)
  7. Amir Margalit
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

• Matt Crouch

I'm probably going to be doing a switcharoo on my graphics card tomorrow, but if all goes to plan I should be there

I had another brief practice last night on Charade (I think we all know Nurb well enough :D). I've driven this track in Evo in the past - Minis & Audi R8 Prods.

Those brand new, high tech (relative to the GTL cars :D ) cars, relatively heavy (to the Elan) cars can make some of the corners in Charade seem relatively benign.

Get in the Elan though, and those little crests and dips suddenly come into play, a bit like how the crests @ Jops were harder in the lighter Alfas / Cortinas than they were in the heavier Muscle cars.

But - get those corners right in the Elan, and it's simply glorious, because you know that you got it right, this chassis doesn't cover up any small mistakes. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful car, and it allows you to put the car where you want it to be, but if where you want it to be turns out to be wrong, it'll tell you.

I expect this to be a very good race event.

I just had a very quick look at the track, since I have never driven it, and I can agree totally. It's a blast running the Elan on this one, my times were all over the shop depending on which line I took and those dips, bumps, and hills are majestic. I'll probably be hopeless but I'll certainly have a ball driving it.
You can feel the suspension doing it's thing in these cars, nothing sterile and bland with the Elan. :laugh2:

Gents, let's see if we can spread the liveries around a little bit tonight, OK?

I'll be using the all white Elan - # 610

If you know what one you'll be using, post in here so we get a good spread of colour tonight. (although I suspect a fair bit of green will be unavoidable :wink2: )

I'm about to head home, so will be offline for an hour or so.

See you all in the server.

Anyone who wants to join tonight is more than welcome to, no need to post up any more for this event. Just show up in your Lotus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 83 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.6%