Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
GTC65_m_s.jpg

Event Scrubbed

No.

You know what, I've had enough of doing loads of testing, setting stuff up, postponing, adjusting and still getting no-one show up.

Of course - we still get a full house for the League. Because there's points and that involved, so it's actually important.

So, no - I don't see why I should mess my own schedule about on the off-chance that people might (emphasis on might) show up on the night. If they don't, then I've just doubly wasted my evening haven't I?

So why don't I just take the night off and relax with the kids?

The event is cancelled.

ouch, it's too bad, I was in for this one.

I hear you Stu, it is a lot of work and then it sucks to have no one show up.

Maybe it's cuz we are in the middle of a league and most people are probably practicing the league tracks with their spare time instead of joining some club races. Which is too bad, cuz the club races are so much fun!

Maybe you could pick just one car (or group, like just TC-65 or just something like that), one track, and one race for the club races and keep the races around 14 to 16 laps. That way the folks that are spending a lot of their time practicing won't see it as a big time commitment for them to join the club races.

And as an added bonus, you end up spending less time into the setting up, since it's just one car or group and track.

This is just me thinking out loud cuz I do enjoy the club races very much, more so than the league races cuz there is less pressure to win.

Carlos raises a valid point here - while the League is on, would you like me to simplify the events a bit more?

Say, just the one track per event, with maybe max 2 races per Club night, using either single cars, or full/matched classes?

Only need to learn 1 track per evening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years