The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT GTC65
Class: Jaguar E-Type / Ferrari 275 GTB
Track: Silverstone 88
Event Start: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must use a different car in each race
Note3: Default skins only

Entry List
  • Stuart Thomson - 275 / E-Type
  • Carlos Diaz - E-Type / 275
  • Tom Wilson - E-Type / 275
  • Bob Hutchins - 275 / E-Type
  • Roman Kruzsewski - 275 / E-Type
  • Knut Omdal Tveito - E-Type / 275
  • Manuel Spierenberg - 275 / E-Type
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver

I'm hoping we'll get a few more numbers for this event.

Pretty often, I let the event speak for itself, and it lives or dies on it's own merits.

For this one, I think I need to push it a little, otherwise you will miss out on a potentially great event.

These cars are really well matched, and an absolute blast to slide around this fun but uncomplicated (easy to learn) version of Silverstone.

The Ferrari was probably the fastest car in the RDHGP S3 in terms of overall pace, the other cars trading off better handling, or more power, but the Ferrari had enough of both to make it a fearsome weapon in that league, winning it at the hands of Peter Gog.

Well, the E-Type is just about the closest match for it in terms of power and handling.

Don't miss out.

Oh my, I had some issues in race 2 guys. In qualy the track reloaded 2 times, just like when you vote next session. Then in race I had 5 (!) freezes where the screen freezes and the wheel pulls to the left. Ussually a freeze means I have to just push the reset button, but this time the game contiued after about 2sec??? However a proper freeze came later in the race:(

Looked like a good battle was about to start with Manuel and Tom so that was a shame. Hope my freezes didn't cause any problems.

Anyways it was a great event Stuart. Finally the E-type came alive and flowed nicely. Perfect track for these cars:D

It's a shame more guys didn't turn up tonight, these cars are well matched up against each other. Hope you don't mind if I steal this pair from you and drop them on another track later Stu lol.

Well, since my brain hasn't been functioning too well lately, I got confused with next week's event and I was driving these cars in Limerock Mountain today. It wasn't until I tried to join the server that I realized I was practicing on the wrong track lol! I have a bad short term memory, so I need to go around a track a crap load of times so I could memorize it well.

In race 1 I was able to follow Stu around the track for a bit while I still learned it. Then he had an off at the chicane and I fell into 2nd place. That didn't last long since now I didn't have anyone to follow around. Eventually I had an off myself and I was passed by few of you (sorry can't remember right now, it's that memory again, hehe). But then you guys started to spin out too and you let me back into 3P behind Bob.

Bob, I know you mentioned that you slowed for me so that you wouldn't be lonely, but did you let me pass you too or was that at least all me. Not that it matters really, since the only reason I caught you in the first place was cause you slowed down.

Race 2 was a complete wreck for me. I spun out and killed the suspension and then I pitted. Boy that pit crew is SLOW lol! Then afterwards I just kept on going offroading everywhere, I was a complete mess lol!

Even though the Ferrari and I still need to work on our relationship, I like driving it. And that SOUND! Just lovely.

Thanks Stu for setting it up and thanks to all who showed up:thumbup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing