GTC65 European Grand Tour @ Bremgarten - **CANCELLED** - Tue 26th Jan 2010

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

*****EVENT SCRUBBED*****

Stuart, you REALLY HAVE had too much time to plot and plan,:ooh: you've turned into a right wicked, devious and cruel B85***D,:tongue: two of the most evil, nasty, butt biters in the GTL pack at a track that takes no prisoners, I call dirty play old man but I'll take up your gauntlet and face you on the field.:D:D

Sam

OK Gents - I now can't make this event (work commitments unfort :( ) so rather than leave you with just the 4 of you, I'll push it out a couple of weeks.

Sorry for the late notice, I've only just got the call in the last 10 mins.

Bump. This race has to go ahead!! I've jsut driven a couple of laps of this track and my god is it dangerous, it's going to be an awesome pair of races. Come on guys, just because there are no point on offer doesn't mean it isn't fun!!

As long as the car you want is in the 65 Corvette class, Philip, it's selectable.

But - I've just seen the Amir's pull out which takes us down to 6.

6 drivers is pretty thin, especially on a punishing track like this one where it's entirely possible to wipe out on lap 1 and knacker your car up badly enough to need a quit. 7 was borderline, but on a track like this, I don't think it's a big enough field, I'm afraid.

OK - I'm going to scrub this one , and have a rethink about its current form. I don't want to run a disappointing event, and waste people's evening.

Maybe we will try it in a smaller and more controllable car first.

Yes, you're right - that is another thing I've noticed too.

It's awkward, do I put up almost a "throwaway" event, which might not get the interest anyway and do more harm than good, or try and put something interesting in there which might get lost in the League build up?

It's something for me to consider, certainly.

Either way, I still reckon something smaller and nimbler might be a better fit round this track.

That's a shame - I was looking forward to this event... but 6 folk on a track like this would probably be a bit pointless. Maybe people are too busy preparing for the league as Carlos said, but it would be nice to have some fun without it always being a stress about points etc.

Hope we can get this track up for an event soon Stu. Cheers for maing the effort to organise anyway, always appreciated!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.4%