GTC65 Elite Sprints @ Thermalito West/Hockenheim Short/Crystal Palace - Tue 18th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
[
gtl-flyer-elites.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC65 Lotus Elite Sprints
Track: Thermalito West (download) / Hockenheim Short / Crystal Palace (download)
Conditions: 17.00 In-Game Race Time
Practice: 15 mins
Qualification: 5 mins
Race: 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The RD Sprint Pack and the Elite Skinpack will be used for this event. Both must be installed.

Click Here for SprintPack

Click Here for SkinPack

There's a vote going on about Saturday, Hans, in the main GTL forum as a sticky - I'm not around for it, so I've asked who wants to do what.

I'm more than willing to set up a server, so the poll is there to ask what people would like to do.

Either a GTC76 test events with the 911's, an all-in GTC65 server with a couple of tracks, or have a week off.

Hi Stuart,

I installed the Sprintpack cars into the Gamedata\Teams\"car name" folder, but when I am in the game and try to look at the new mini cars/skins, there is no car!

Will this cause troubles tonight?
Do you have an idea how to fix this or if it is crucial?

Thanks

The Minis & Abarths need to be in Gamedata\Teams\TC65\Mini Cooper or Abarth 1000TC respectively

The Elites from both packs (Sprint Pack & Elite Skinpack) need to be in Gamedata\Teams\GTC65\Lotus Elite.

The Elites will need to be in the right place or you will not be able to sign in tonight.

I did everything as you described above!
I put all the skins into their respective folders.
The elites are available, I only have troubles with the Minis (only there do I get a blanc auto salon)!

I guess since it doesn't effect the elites, I should be ok!

How do I chose my skin?
Will it be assigned to me, or do I just take my pick?

I guess since it doesn't effect the elites, I should be ok!

Absolutely, we can sort the minis out at a later date - I just want to make sure, you've done BOTH the packs, yes?

The Elite only pack and the Sprint Pack containing Elites, Minis & Abarths.

The reason I ask will become clear in a moment when I answer the next part of your question.

How do I chose my skin?
Will it be assigned to me, or do I just take my pick?

You can take either of the default Elites, or any of the Elites in the Elite-only pack (numbered 101-110).

The other Elites in the Sprint Pack are personal skins, so please don't use those, but apart from those, pick whichever one you like :good:

Sorry I didn't make this one, I was hoping to join in but I ran in the RBR Rally last night and it didn't finish till very late. After going to bed after midnight, I wasn't able to get out of bed again at 3.30AM, and slept in.

Yep, antoher brilliant night's Elite action :good:

Apologies for the Thermalito debacle, it ran fine for me on my machine locally and online when I was testing it - hope it didn't spoil too many people's night. I was really looking fwd to the Elites on the Thermo short course, but Magny Cours National is always a fantastic standby, if somewhat less technical in it's nature, but that jump makes it such a giggle fest.

Great to see Sam back in the saddle, too :good:

Race reports to follow.

Well I almost feel that I have to say I enjoyed the racing last night after taking the triple but I do mean it, it was a hoot, honest! :)

Having had yet another enforced layoff the Elites looked like an easy way back into racing, I love the cars as I have said before, needing a firm, but tidy, hand to get the best out of them. I have not been fit enough to do much at all for a few weeks, so apart from 8 to 10 laps at Thermelito testing earlier in the day, I was so dissapointed we didn't race there, the first race at Hock short, probably my least favourite default track, was always going to be tough but it turned into a really fun race with Amir and Stuart making things difficult for me right to the flag.

Race 2 at "The Palace" was made a bit easier by someone spinning in the first few turns and delaying everyone enough to let me get a gap and hold it to the end, which I didn't expect as Matt had been a bit quicker all through testing, he eventualy took fastest race lap by ONE Thousandth of a second too. surprise win 2 for the Auldane fi Fife.

Race 3 at Magnycours was a different kettle of fish though, both Amir and Peter were fast here and qualified infront of the BlueStreak :) but I got a flyer off the line and set off with them both snapping at my heels for the early laps, Peter was a bit quicker into T2, the long sweeper, and he got an overlap onto the long straight after a few laps, just nipping infront before the braking point for the "yump", now I don't know what happened but he speared off into the sand on the exit, if I helped I'm eternally, and wholeheartedly, sorry but I neither felt nor saw any contact, I hope you know I would have waited if I had, so I carried on to take win 3 with a decent gap.

Loads of fun, although that's almost a gimme at the club nights, and it was good to be back "in the saddle", thanks guys.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years