Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Ford GT40
Track: Rattlesnake Point
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Prac & Quali: 60 min (unlimited laps) - we will forego prac & roll to a 60 min quali session @ 19.00GMT
Race: 40 laps (303.84 km)
Conditions: 2 x fuel usage, 2 x tyre usage.

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: As this is a long race, multiple, pit stops will be required, so please check out Warren’s pitstop tutorial here: http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/3302-gtl-pitstop-hints-tips.html
Note3: Please download the GTC65 skinpack v1.0 - there are about 10 GT40 skins in there.

Server's up :good:

I'm only 50/50 for tonight, been off work tom & dick since yesterday afternoon, and still feeling a bit grim.

I'll be on for the admin and session stuff but might not be able to drive, I'll see how it goes.

Great, it looks like I might not be there either, my wife's Mustang killed the fuel pump this morning, tow truck is on the way, hopefully it will be fixed before 2:00pm (18:00 GMT). If not, I'll have to miss too :frown:

thats not good at all... I totally missed this, i mean, i wasnt here, at home, available to play... :( I just made it... and going for some homeworks from school... I said, Thursdays are bad and I am not sure how I am going for the leauge as well, sorry

Quali 2nd then 3rd into turn 2 on lap 1, changed down to 2nd and gears went to 1st spun me, sorry to Senad for getting in your way. First pitstop took 1 minute more than it should, second pitstop wouldn`t release me so quit.

Great fun with Neil.

Stupid gears, stupid pitstops, dreading RDHGP, no more club races with pitstops for me..

Couldnt access RD to sign up..

Away shabby from pole so settled in 2nd and then pushed a bit to reclaim the lead and then really give it some consistent welly,all going very nice until about lap 34?,suddenly Tim just ahead of me disappears then a few seconds later im informed "Connection Lost" :(.

Thanks Stu/Carlos & RD

Had 8 or 9 visits to the pitlane :)

First one, like Neil above, forgot to add fuel. And then turned the limiter off too soon on the exit, and got a stop and go. Did another lap, did my stop and go, did another lap, finally got some fuel in :woot:

Next pit stop, I got a stop and go for cutting right at the pit entry? No warning or anything, just a direct stop and go. So it's the same again, first do the stop and go, then another lap, then a regular pit stop :woot:

There were two more stop and gos, but can't remember the details anymore. Pitting fails plus my general hopelessness last night meant I was well, no, well in last place.

Couldn't sign up but there were only 8 or 9 of us anyway so i stayed....

First time in GT40 and i loved it, was getting faster as the race progressed and felt really comfortable with the car. Settled in 3rd after the start behind Gary and Ralf and the three of us pulled away, then to my surprise i started to catch Ralf. The both of us had great fight all through the race swapping positions, what i could gain on track i lost it in pits lol. On lap39 there was only 5 sec between us but due to my maths skills i had to pit as i was short on fuel. Thankfully Bob was 1.30 min behind so i kept my 2nd place at the finish. Not sure why so many of you guys had SNG as i never received a single warning through out the 2 hours.

WD to all who finished ( too bad for Gary ) and thx to the organizers.

Firstly to Senad & Bob M, do you have manually pitstop activated? If not then you should do this asap, check Warren's tutorial on it or ask one of us. As for the league races Bob, we don't pit in them as there's no need. Oh forgot, it's only the final race we have to pit as it's double length.

Now to the race. I had a ball, qualied 4th with my best time which I went on to go a second quicker in the race. Poor start & Ross got the jump on me so down to 5th after Bob M spun at T2. Settled in & just followed Ross for a while & was thinking of doing this until my first of 3 stops. All going well keeping the gap to Ross constant until I pulled 2nd to quick going into T2 & spun. This allowed Ross to open the gap to 12 secs but this was all going to change after the pitstop. I pitted on lap 11 as did Ross so I thought I was going to have to push hard if I wanted to catch Ross back up but to my surprise on the next lap out of the pit I saw Ross back in there again. Found out after the race he got a s&g for speedin in the pit, naughty boy. Now in front & up to 4th I was able to keep the gap back to Ross but the guys ahead were way out of reach. This was where I thought I was going to finish but near the finish of the race Lenno left the game, now found out he got disco'd, sorry to hear that mate as you had the win in your pocket. Now elevated to a podium finish I just thought of bringing it home after a very long race so for the last 4 laps took it easy making sure I didn't make any mistakes as Dariusz was 1:30 up the road. Then on the last lap I saw the time come down to just 20 secs to Dariusz & at the time thought he may of had an off, after reading his post he needed a splash & dash, at the time I thought maybe if I had pushed hard to the end I might have got him but after the calculations I knew this wouldn't have been the case so I was happy with my finish.

Thanks Thommo, sorry you weren't there mate & get well soon. Grts to Ralf on the win & a big thanks to all that showed up for what was a great race in a great car on a great track. Until next time, hope to see ya all there.

Yes Bob I used manual pit and it all went so well except in the first stop it took them over 30 seconds to do anything (my engine was off) and the second they did it straight away but the car would not start.

Yes Bob I used manual pit and it all went so well except in the first stop it took them over 30 seconds to do anything (my engine was off) and the second they did it straight away but the car would not start.

Why are you switching the engine off, there's no need to do that and it shouldn't switch off by it's self. One thing I have noticed when doing a pitstop Bob, found it when testing, is I always push the request pitstop button before entering the pits. If I don't it won't bring up the pit board for me to make any changes. Don't really know if this is the case but when I was practicing my pitstops some time ago & I entered the pit without requesting the stop the guy would just stand there and I wouldn't get the pit board up.

As for starting the car, have you also got an ignition button assigned as well as a starter? If so you might have switched off the ignition & would need to hit that button before the starter which of course you already know from Race & GTR2.

Ah, cheers Stuart, had no idea.

Why are you switching the engine off, there's no need to do that and it shouldn't switch off by it's self. One thing I have noticed when doing a pitstop Bob, found it when testing, is I always push the request pitstop button before entering the pits. If I don't it won't bring up the pit board for me to make any changes. Don't really know if this is the case but when I was practicing my pitstops some time ago & I entered the pit without requesting the stop the guy would just stand there and I wouldn't get the pit board up.

I used the request button just once, and got the pitboard every time but once. And when I didn't get it, I just reversed and moved forward a bit, I guess I just missed the spot.

i never 'pitstop request' in GTL, no problems here.
Knackered my race last night by being a bit too quick to let go of the limiter in the pits, got a stop n go, and was stationary for 13s! Tried to catch Bob up, and was gaining a tad as i went for pitstop number 2, but when i got there i had to drive round Bob's already pitting car to enter my pit area, However, didn't quite get into the exact spot so had to reverse and go forward again. Lost quite a bit of time here so found myself 25s or so behind. Tried too hard to catch up and just lost more time as a result. Solid race Bob. Really enjoy this track, and the car grew on me too.
Incidentally, i went off early on in the race because i tried to drink my cup of tea on the main straight, but because these gt40's are so damn fast i ended up going straight on at turn 1! A very civilised way to almost spin out i'm sure you'll agree.

Got no SnG either, luckily as the first 2 pits I started without limiter activated in time and saw my speedometer going down from 70 to limited speed of 60km/h. I fear on a bug free track that would have hand me a SnG. First time I lost 2nd position to very fair n a bit faster being Dariusz was a little spin ended with a tiny wall contact, serves me chassis damage which I decided to fix on the pit board. That took ages. The other pit stops weren't shorter although no repair requested. Strange.
An advantage was I could do 12 laps a stint with 115 ltrs and 9.4/lap average

Didn't know pit request is possible in GTL. To stop engine manually will start the pit work right away afair but not sure as I'm doing all these race games.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back