Premium
flyergtc65.jpg
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL​
Class: GTC65 - AC Cobra 427/Ford GT40/Shelby Daytona/TVR 400​
Track: Rouen-Les-Essarts (download)​
Practice start time: GMT 20.00​
Qualification start time: GMT 20.05 (35 min, no lap limit)​
Race start time: GMT 20.40 (32 laps)​
Note1: This is a Multi Class Race. Class A = AC Cobra 427 & GT40 // Class B = Shelby Daytona & TVR 400.​
Note2: Please state what class (not necessarily vehicle) you will be driving in at sign up​
Note3: Default skins only​
Racing Rules & Server password: click here

A little help needed with my installation. Followed all of the instructions ( installed in a folder c:\games\gtl set application to XP compatibility running as administrator)

Problem #1: Seems to be ignoring my video config. I set it up for 5760x1080 (eyefinity 3 monitor system) and it seems to be ok, but when I run it, the screen is stretched all accross the 3 screens and when I run config again it says 800x600

Problem #2: I try to join the multiplayer and it won;t let me select the cars. I'm not allowed to even buy them. I'm assuming there's an "all cars" cheat available

Both are show stoppers. Thanks fo your help

Bob, The menu's are supposed to be stretched with eyefinity. There's just no way around that AFAIK.
However, the car preview on the spinner should have the correct aspect ratio. Loading screens, in-game menu and driving HUD will be stretched, but when driving in cockpit view everything should look just fine.
At least, that's how it is for me (3x 17", 3840x1024 res, W7-64bit, ATI HD5770), all catalyst versions from 9.10 through 11.12 (my current) have worked fine this way..

I have no clue why the GTLconfig.exe would not hold your settings though, as you've put it in the right folder. Just know that on my system i DONT use compatibility mode for GTL.exe nor do I have "run as administrator" checked, but I'm on an admin account anyways..

BTW while you're at it, download the XD telemetry plugin at www.vitumo.de and drop it in your game folder. It's great, especialy on triple screen, as it does not disturb your view at all then.

Hope this helps..

Bad line through turn 2 and 3, went off, and parked the car at the chicane, with some nice smoke and fire coming out of the engine.

Still, was able to keep up with the faster TVR guys; only 1 second slower than Dmytro's fastest lap. Happy with that.

Thanks Stuart for the event, and for the setup, the default car was not pleasant.

Thanks. It's been a long time since I've had GTL installed. Other than these cars having no steering and no brakes is there anything else I need to know? LOL!

I finally got things sorted out right @ the end of practice. Thanks to everyone who helped. I didn't have the controls or FFB or anything else properly configured and I was a danger to the other cars on the track so I withdrew. I've also "retired" again so I can make EU time races again and hope to be joining y'all on the grid again. Now if I can only find that talent mod and get it installed. :)

Really nice racing tonight and a fantastic combo. Took some time to get used to the new brake pedal, but I have to say it feels superb. But in all the excitement I completely forgot to practice my pitstop:confused:

Really glad I ended up in the 427 as it was more easy-going than the Daytona. It was actually a real gem around here. Had a decent first half of the race. I spent most of the time trying to "find" the brakes and hang on to the GT40's.

Around half-finished and on the start/finish straight I noticed Xd said 0.9 laps left. I rushed into the pits but I was too fast and crashed the car. In the pit-stop I had half the commands mapped to keyboard and half to the G27 (something had been messed up). So frantically trying to top up the fuel, I sent off a lot of chat messages mapped to to the G27. Sorry about that guys! Finally I got some fuel, press enter and wait for the car to be repaired (Doh!). Drove embarrassed away from the pit...

Apart from the pit stop the race was fantastic and a had a great time in the second stint as well.

Thanks Stuart for organizing and and all that showed up.

Wow. That was a race. I really like the GT 40 and she was very forgiving because I had a few mishaps but she took it all. Sorry at the start for sliding down the road on my roof at turn 2, lap1 but I was not going to exit that early. Lots of time to catchup. In the crowd I lost my awareness of where the corner was and came in too fast, went wide hitting the wall, flipping over and sliding.
Knut you are not the only who messed up in the pits. I pulled in and noticed Roland in also so I thought a quick stop for fuel and go, hang close to Roland for some good racing. Well 146 seconds later I was allowed out. I had forgot to de-select the other items and so they all got changed. What is annoying is the fact that I had googled Warren's Pitstop Tutorial and was prepared to just fuel up.

I had a few mental lapses,,, went through a stretch of a messing up the grearing. Great fun in all. Thanks Stu, WD podiums and cheers to all drivers

That was certainly different to the norm, and quite a lot of fun.
Decided to choose the GT40, deep down wanted the Cobra, but after a quick test run, it scared me off as being too jittery. Maybe if I had time to practice it, but in the end I chickened out in favour of the more stable GT40. It's a loooong time since I tried the GT40, so it was good to get re-acquainted.

I also had forgotten how to do pitstops, so spent yesterday looking for my Tutorial post. :p
I knew the fuel wouldn't make the distance (the GT40 would be a guzzler), but had no idea if the tyres would last. So, I decided on a strategy of pitting very early to top the fuel up, and then driving conservatively in the hope of making the rubber last.
From practice / qualy, I knew I'd be slower than Neil, Bob M, and probably Eck & Knut, so I just wanted to be able to cruise consistently at my own pace. Of course, for once in my life, I managed a good start :rolleyes:, and jumped to the lead for the first few laps, but as Neil started to close the gap, I felt that I might get pushed to drive harder than my ideal tyre strategy, so as soon as Neil passed, I pitted to get it out of the way.
That put me at the tail, but made for some very interesting racing as I worked my way through the pack. I got to see a few spins / incidents on the way, and Jack even gave a sigh of relief as I passed him. ;) Unfortunately, as I passed Bob H, he took another liking to my rear end as I took the turn fairly gently, resulting in me spinning off into the grass, but luckily not much damage after bouncing off the fence. That put me behind Jack again, which he probably didn't want, and he selected the wrong gear exiting the hairpin and pulled off a spectacular spin. :oops:
After that, I finally could settle down to my preferred pace and was slowly gaining on Dmytro as the GT40 was quicker than his TVR. With two laps to go, I was on his tail and expected a nice battle to the finish, but Dmytro pulled into the pits for fuel (no doubt why I was gaining so fast, he was desperately trying to save fuel), leaving me to finish 2nd.
The tyres lasted the distance but were pretty shabby by the end.

Grats to Neil, very fast all race. Grats to Dmytro for winning the Class B group.

Thanks to Stu for organising, and to all who joined. It was a very interesting event. :cool:

Loved every minute of this race but then again it is one of my all time favourite tracks and who could resist giving the GT40 a blast around here.

Bob M blew us all away in qual, thought I had pole nailed until he started to show the rest of us up, so I settled for 2nd place on the grid.

2nd then turned to 3rd as Warren got off to a flyer and blasted past myself then Bob, to be honest I was chicken, I usually start with manual clutch and try to get away as quick as possible but the GT40 I had only started a race with once before and I had forgotten how that went so I went with auto clutch and tried not to balls it up.

Took it easy for a while as I settled into 3rd which soon turned into 2nd as Bob's GT40 squirted out it's back end as he got the power down to quick, after that it was just a case of follow Warren and look where I was better which turned out to be under braking, the hairpin was pointless as he could take the corner better that me and also get the power down better but braking for the right hander going up the hill I took chunks out of him every lap, so I stuck on his tail through there and slipstreamed him along the start/finish straight.

Made a wee mistake which let Knut past then had a nice wee scrap with him but the Cobra is no match for the GT40 in 4th and 5th and I was soon past again. Do not think I lost the lead after that. Pitted on I think lap 26, stuck in 30L of fuel had no damage and did not bother changing tyres so I exited the pit with a good lead.

Had a few of scary moments, first one as I was exiting the hairpin I almost got harpooned by Jacob as he lost it under braking and came flying across the track in front of me, the second when near the end I did nearly the same as Jacob as I lost it on the way in but I managed to collect it so avoided any damage. Had couple of excursions onto the grass verges but managed to avoid the barriers, had a wee bash with Jack as I tried to avoid him after he spun but all in it went pretty steady as you have to be at this track as it bites.

Thnx all for a very enjoyable race.

After that, I finally could settle down to my preferred pace and was slowly gaining on Dmytro as the GT40 was quicker than his TVR. With two laps to go, I was on his tail and expected a nice battle to the finish, but Dmytro pulled into the pits for fuel (no doubt why I was gaining so fast, he was desperately trying to save fuel), leaving me to finish 2nd.

A ha-ha! I'm not so insane to battle with the upper-class car before 2 laps to finish being in my class 1st place, even if we consider that I was not much slower and lost 1 sec from lap. :eek: :D

Was a little bit late at qual. Sorry mates for my messages during quali, I totally forgot, that it's actually Qualy, not Practice. :oops: Was struggling with this track and setup for TVR. Bad time in quali (only one clean lap, but not the best).
Had great start, managed 1st place in class. Eck was very fast, Bob, Stu was faster than me on first laps, but I realized that my undistinguished speed on this track I will need to compensate by reliability and stability.
During first 5 laps I made conclusions from my mistakes in cornering and gear switching, that allowed me to go faster than in quali. Guys around me made mistakes and I gained not bad advantage from this.

Sorry to Stu for the tap (after your pit-stop). I thought that you are already moving to the right to let me pass and I pressed gas, but this was a little bit early. Sorry mate.:oops:

After Eck's disappearance :( I realized that only enemy of my potential victory is me, I focused, kept a good pace, made splash'n'dash pit on last lap and gained to the finish at 1st class and 3rd overall. During this race and at the finish I even was ahead of GT'40s! Wow! :cool:

Thanks to everyone for the race and well done to all finishers! Thanks to Stuart for this event! I always trying to not miss our enduro's. :)

Well, it was certainly interesting, but with a really shoddy finish for me.

Was having a mighty scrap with Hutch & Dmytro, we were swapping places quite regularly, but unlike Neil, I wasn't lucky enough to avoid someone having turmoil at the hairpin. After the impact, I couldn't brake in a straight line, so decided to do my pitstop a few laps earlier than intended.

The early stop (plus the tracks slightly off kilter garage fuel estimates versus the ones I was getting from XD) confused me a little, and I exited the pits only to find I would run out of fuel on the last lap. A splash and dash for an extra 4 litres was needed - that was when you hit me Dmytro, not from my main stop - I pretty much settled in to go to the end.

Then I got one of those awful, 1 sec long freezes, XD went empty, and I got the dreaded red text "Connection lost"

Gutted, but fun while it lasted. Glad everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Wow, that was a race. I had a great time & was looking forward to a epic race but unfortunately got held up at the start but all was not lost as Thommo said, had a great battle with him. Then it was getting overtaken by the class A guys, a couple of mistakes & low & behold a final splash & dash so 3rd in class. First time I had driven the TVR properly & enjoyed every minute of it.

Thanks Mr T & WD to the winners & podi guys & thanks to all who took part.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.7%