GTC-TC76 VW Scirocco @ CircuitodeCartagena - Thu 14th Feb 2103

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco, GR1 ,GR2 ( Download )
Track: CircuitodeCartagena ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 Laps )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 14 Laps )

Note 1: Race 1- VW Scirocco, GR1 , Race 2 -VW Scirocco, ,GR2 using the liveries that come with the cars
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Jack Smith
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Andrew Jarnell
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. Jacob Boonstra
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

The VW Scirocco is 170MB so please don't leave it until the last minute to download.

The Scirocco car folder will sit inside the the GameData\Teams\GTC-TC-76 folder if installed correctly.

If you are extracting directly to your install, the archive needs to be pointed at your GTLegends main folder (where the GTL.exe sits) and it will do the rest.

The track sits inside the Locations folder..\GTLegends\GameData\Locations

Taken from the readme
Driving Notes:

Because all of the turning and accelerating is done by the same 2 front tires, at low speeds the tendency of a FWD cars is to under steer.
In low and medium speed corners to solve this roll back in to the throttle early through the mid corner to keep pulling the front end down to the apex.
In a rear wheel drive car at low speed you might lift of the throttle in this situation to unload the rear tires and get the car to rotate but that will not work well in the sirocco. You will only transfer more weight to the already over loaded front tires. As you enter low and mid speed corners try to be back on the power very early to keep the front end pulling down to the apex of the corner.
This is harder to do than it sounds because even if you don’t notice it you have been lifting to rotate rear drive cars all the time and you need to think about not doing it.
Once you start to get it right and can feel the front of the car “drive” down to the apex it’s a lot of fun.
Too much throttle and you might spin the front tires causing them to loose grip usually causing the inside unloaded tire to spin and the car will go back to under steer, you need to balance the power right at the edge of grip.
Adding power diff lock can also help here if the inside tire refuses to stay hooked up.

In a high speed corner the situation is somewhat different because of the light rear end lifting off the power mid corner at high speed will cause the car to over steer or spin. Here again we need to do something that would not work in a rear wheel drive car. Surprisingly it’s the same thing that fixed the under steer in the low speed corner, get back on the throttle… Hard.
In a rear wheel drive in a high speed loose situation you would rarely go right to full power to save it but this is what you need to do in the Rocco.
It transfers weight to the rear to reload the unloaded tires and the front end pulls the rear back in to line. Also you go faster and that is a good thing.

Corner entry rotation can be hugely effected by the front to rear brake percentage.
Because of the light rear if you are having trouble getting the car to rotate on corer entry adding rear brake will help.
The opposite is of course also true.

Please note this is a updated version from the last time we used them
Physics update readme 1:02. While working on reworking the physics slightly for the golf mod for GTL, I had a request from one of the golf test drivers to open up the adjustment range of the front and rear sway bars. I liked this change after I did it, so I wanted to update so the Scirocco with the same change. I took the opportunity to rescale the bar size adjustments to read in metric whole numbers for all of the Mk1 and Group2 cars, all the cars were scaled in Imperial in the original version .. The TransAm and SCCA GT3 cars are silent in whole imperial sized steps. I had a request to enable the handbrake, Which is therefore included in this update. Typo fixed in HDC. Thats it. Greg7 .

Its front wheel drive so there has to be a little bit of something to make it interesting..
there's a couple of nice tight off camber turns..
push to hard you run wide...
this track's got a bit of everything..
makes the scirocco alot more difficult to drive..:)

A new car and a new track (for me anyway) but a really nice combo. :thumbsup:

The Sirocco is a superb bundle, excellent modelling (with nice variations), good sounds, and great handling / physics. It was a bit like a Mini on steroids, FWD, but having more power helps to make it easier to drive. I thought the Gr2 was actually a bit easier to drive due to the extra power pulling it through the turns better.
Even though the car wasn't demanding to drive, getting consistent quick laps around this track was far from easy. The track was a bit deceptive, and going wide was easy to do in some turns, which can cost heaps of time.

Only a small grid, but the racing was fun, and different in this car.
Thanks to all who raced and thanks to Rupe for organising. :)

Yes the car was a great fit for the track. Very impressive car mod.

The track did take a bit of getting use to with all the turns but after the learning curve was completed the drive was very exciting. Very nifty setups from Warren and my practice time dropped 1.5 sec. I could not match the fastest guys .....but I was pretty close. Consistant for the most part; however, I did have a couple offs in race 1. Up untill then I was having a good battle with Jacob and that is all that it takes to fall behind. I was lucky to find myself in second place in race 2 and on the last lap with a bit of cushion I tried to slow a bit and bring it home safe. Well I ran off track at the second to last corner...while sliding on the grass the car stalled ....but got it going again as my slide was coming to a stop...back on track...no one coming so I continued as though nothing happened.

Wd Rupe. Cheers to all drivers.

I must confess that when I caused a cloud of smoke over the track I lied on TS and said my sister fell out of the car into the sand.... to be honest... I pushed her. There I said it and I still feel good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back