GTC-TC76 Capri RS2600 vs Porsche 914 @ Hilltop- Thu 21st Feb 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 Ford Capri RS2600 Liveries ( Download ) vs Porsche 914-6 liveries ( Download )
Track: Hilltop Club Circuit(Download ) New link to dropbox

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (14 Laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (14 Laps)

Note 1: Ford Cari RS2600 vs Porsche 914-6 Liveries that come from the downloads+ Defaults
Note 2: Odd number sign ups = Capri Race1 / Porsche Race2, Even number sign ups = vice versa
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4:Alternative download for liveries ( CAPRI ) ( Porsche )
Note 5: Alternative download for Hilltop ( DOWNLOAD )

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson : Capri 875 / Porsche 368
  2. Jack Smith : Porsche 375 / Capri 874
  3. Warren Dawes : Capri 878 / Porsche 371
  4. Stuart Thomson : Porsche 385 / Capri 872
  5. Philip Brown: Capri 880 / Porsche 373
  6. Hans Sneep : Porsche383 / Capri876
  7. Guus Verver :Capri 880 / Porsche 373
  8. Bob Hutchins :Porsche 378 / Capri 879
  9. Roland Warmenhoven :Capri 873 / Porsche 384
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Race 1 did not go as planned, in qualy I parked my Capri around a tree in the outlap and then went on to spin many times in that wretched downhill braking zone during the race.
Race 2 went a lot better, I had a nice race with Bob who was very hard to overtake because of his straight line speed. I started taking a little more risk and braked a little too late and tapped him into a spin, sorry for that :(. After that I did some more chasing after Bob, but without success. Nice racing Bob!

Grats Bob & Warren and thanks all for racing :) See you all tuesday

More fun on a great track with extremely well balanced cars, nothing between the Porsche and Capri in lap times, but they both handled differently.

Had my own dramas this morning, it was my first test outing with my "upgraded" SimRacing rig, I replaced my Win XP with Win 7 and doubled the Ram. I'd been having some bugs with the Cheat file getting lost each time I went on-line, but thought I'd found how to keep it under control. Unfortunately, I was not able to join the server, everytime it loaded my car after loading others, the game crashed :mad: . After three attempts (including re-boots and a new profile creation) I gave up and frantically swapped over to my FlightSim PC. No problems with that setup, except for having to re-configure my G25 and a few other settings.

Both races were enjoyable, despite a small grid again. :(

Race 1 (Capri): I managed to butcher another pole start, but found a new way this time. Off the line ok, but when I changed up to 2nd gear, the car had a mind of it's own and veered dramatically off into the paddock on the left. To make the start even more hilarious (for the others), Rupe started right behind me and did exactly the same thing, as we both looked like a pair of twats performing a perfectly synchronised pirouette off into the wall. :redface::redface:

After giving everyone a huge start, Rupe and I had fun chasing the field down, resulting in some great close racing with Jack and Guus for a few laps.
Grats to Bob for the win.

Race 2 (Porsche): Started from P3 (thank heavens I wasn't on "unlucky" pole this time). Followed Roland for a few laps and he always looked a bit quicker, but he eventually gifted me the win by spinning off to check out some trees / bushes that he said he been in previously. None of us wanted to ask what he had been doing there previously ;).

Thanks Rupe for organising, and thanks to the regulars who made up our small grid. :)

Thanks all, I had some good fun once more!
P1 and Q1 times were really REALLY close between the cars, and I managed 5th or 6th in my Capri, but after Rupe and Warren's Synchronous Ballet exercise at the start :O_o: and Stuart's unfortunate spin a few laps into the race, I climbed into 2nd following Bob in his Porsche..
Or rather.. watch him disappear slowly into the distance while being closely tailed by Philip. He was slightly faster at some points of the track, but not enough for an overtake. So I kept going as fast as I consistently dared, with my mirror full of Capri all the way to the end and finished 2nd..

In P2 and Q2 I had a hard time not pirouetting (is that a word!?) the Porsche but when I didn't my pace was pretty good. So good I even got pole. YAY! :alien:
R2 start was pretty good, I held on to 1st place for a short while until I remembered I urgently had check out some bushes I crashed into before, in search of spare Porsche parts.:p
914+6+bushes1306290075.jpg

Once I found what I needed and got going again;) I overtook Bob and Guus who had a little accident, but then Bob scared the sh*t out of me making an overtake attempt halfway through the Esses.:confused:
Since I've been trying Real mirror instead of virtual for only a week now I lost sight of him behind/beside me and looking around too much got me spinning off track again..

Really, those pivoting Porsches are way better suited for ballet than a Capri guys..:(
Had a lonely drive filled with more errors from then on, and I was really really tired when I crossed the line:sleep: . So thats not looking good regarding tuesday's league race, as I hear it's a pretty demanding track.

Grats to Bob and Warren for wins, and thanks to all others for racing. CYA next time.

What can I say, a picture tells a thousand words...had a great time in Race 1 after the start trying to chase down Roland for 14 laps. He never put a foot wrong, so was glad to finish 3rd. Well done Roland and Congrats to Bob on the win.
Race 2...I think I was too tired from Race one and ended up in the trees looking for spare parts with Roland on lap 2...Congrats to Warren on the win in race 2 and thanks to Rupe for another nicely balanced combo,you can bring back Hill-top anytime

Good times at Hilltop High.:)

I could not lower my lap times to match the faster guys so I knew what was coming but what the heck...its all fun and you never know .... some races have more takeouts than a fast-food joint at a pot festival.

Race 1. Porsche
Made it to 4th place for a while due to others troubles but the faster Rupe, Warren and Guus tracked me down after several good racing laps.. I had practiced but I could not come into and exit a couple corners with enough acceleration as they, so I fought them in vane. I got by Guus again due to his unfortunate spin off.

Race 2. Capri
Started at the back and was crusing confortably in last place but still relatively close and feeling good about the challenge to work up through the pack and take command of first place by mid race when all of a sudden :rolleyes: my game crashed to desktop, my cat attacked me, my steering wheel lost FFB, my peddles caught fire, phone rang, my wife had the chain on backwards on the chainsaw so smoke filled the room and I soiled myself trying to break wind..... and so, understandably I lost focus and spun off track with the first lap only 3/4 completed.

Back at it and I was surprised to come across and pass a Mr. Phil who quickly passed me again as I had a bad wobble, but he in turn had an off at the approaching corner and I claimed second to last place.

What lay ahead of me was a challenge which can only be equaled to a maned landing on planet Mars with a safe return ..... that task was to catch the speedy Hans before race end.

Apparently Mars is a lot closer than we think :geek: because I passed Hans after a couple laps as he had a spinoff.

Now it was his challenge to catch me. He gave it everything he had and I had to work extremely hard to keep him at bay. We fought it out until he had an off during the last lap, but until then it was great fun. I guess you could say... he burnt up in re-entry.:D

WD Rupe, podiums, all drivers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back