GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 6 @ Oschersleben - Tue 9th July 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download when your name appears on the entry list after signing up
Track: Oschersleben 3.668Km ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 16 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.05 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.15 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 16 laps )
  1. CLUB RACING RULES for GTL
  2. Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
  3. If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use #53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
  4. Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
  5. We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See HERE how to switch lobby
  6. We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
  7. If you have no sound in your game you need this HERE
How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

RD Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Tim Ling #427
  3. Antonio Tavares #964
  4. Paul Bennett #28
  5. Rene van Zijp #65
  6. Denis Betty #105
  7. Tony Wiltshire #57
  8. Mark Birney #53
  9. Warren Schembri #23
  10. Hiroshi Awazu #969
  11. Marcin Piatkiewicz #109
  12. Mark Gormley #550
  13. Guus Verver #86
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Well that was good fun!:thumbsup:
I had to abort my Q1 lap after gaining advantage by cutting the large sand trap. So started from the back and R1 start was a bit of a mess with people losing connection and stuff, but after the first few laps everything was fine. Found myself in somewhat of a lonely gap the second half of the race, so just used the remaining laps for practice
Q2 and R2 start were a lot better, had some really fun laps with Anthony, Antonio and Guus, until about half way through I lost the car at the triple left hander, hit the barrier and lost a front wheel. But hey, it was fun while it lasted!

Grats to Guus for R1 win from last place, and to whoever won R2. Thanks Rupe for another nice episode in this series, too bad you couldn't make it, and Thanks all for racing. CYA next time!

Well that was a strange one tonight with time outs in the heat of the night, :whistling:

I had some strange issues engine was dying in 1st gear just by letting the clutch out. And then switch over from race 1-2 showed "please wait" PC froze, got restarted and my profile did not load losing my online user-name & password :confused:

3tn5fe.jpg

I decided to start from the back both races, and it paid off :D I had a lot of fun in both races. In race 1 I managed to avoid the pileup at the start and soon I ended up behind Mark Gormly, who defended very well and it was very difficult to pass him. After many tries I finally managed to pass him around the outside in the last corner, I think I had 4 wheels outside the white lines while doing that but I wasnt going to give it back, I was too glad to finally get by. Next up was Krzysztof, I did not have many laps left but I was closing in rapidly, but unfortunately he spun and we did not get to scrap :(
In the second race I dont know exactly what happened but I had great fun driving through the pack, In the end I was closing in on leader Mark Birney very quickly, but I ran out of time. Great fun :D Grats on the win Mark:thumbsup:
I have to apologise to Denis Betty, hit him while lapping and it spun him around. Because I lapped him it was no use waiting, but I felt like **** for the rest of the race for that, sorry man I was too eager to get by :(
In the 2nd race my wheel seemed the be acting a little weird, some times I just lost input for half a second and the steering centered, really annoying in mid corner. I hope its not a problem with my wheel :confused:
Anyway, great fun. Thanks for racing all. Its my last event with the scirrocos because im going on vacation and will be missing the final 2 rounds. I usually really dislike fwd but these seemed different. You could just throw them into corners like go carts, I think its one of my favourite cars now. Thanks Rupe for organizing this series and for making my awesome sloth skin, I think it made me quicker ;) See you guys in a few weeks

Hey Guss, I wondered who that was. I was just trying to get round after a stop go for jump start at that time so it didn't matter. It was my first race and I was trying to make the pass easy for you. I guess I braked too early.... my fault. I learned a lot and will be back next week to show you all that I'm better/quicker than I showed last night. Qualified in 6th for 1st race (although some of you didn't even bother to qually. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%