GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 3 @ Leipzig - Tue 18th June 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download on signing up for the event
Track: Leipzig 4.3Km ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.05 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.15 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 13 laps )

Note 1: Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
Note 2: If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use
#53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
Note 3: Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: We run a SuperPole Qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action.. After you have done your qually lap please exit to the pits, Do Not Complete Your In Lap. Do not return to the track or drive in the pit lane after this.
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times.. This rule applies to the inside and outside of a corner, If you cut or run wide lift of the gas so no advantage is gained. (last chance)
Note 7: Pit speed limiters are to be used in the pits whilst on the server at all times on RaceDay
Note 8:If you have no sound in your game you need this HERE
Note 9: Real names to be use on the sever at all times
Note 10: New drivers Please try to join a the server with other drivers before the event
to make sure your sim is working
Note11: Be prepared don't leave it until the last minute once were in official practice,
IT'S TO LATE !

How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Paul Bennett #28
  3. Warren Schembri #23
  4. Guus Ververs #86
  5. Tony Wiltshire #57
  6. Tim Ling #427
  7. Dave Flower #69
  8. Bjorn Spierenburg #13
  9. Simon Bacon #92
  10. Jack Smith #33
  11. Brian Harlow #53
  12. Jorge Ferreira #109
  13. Jacob Boonstra #70
  14. Yves Larose#41
  15. Roland Warmenhoven #70
  16. Krzysztof Babij
  17. Mate Orban #105
  18. Matt O'Brien #12
  19. Antonio Tavares #964
  20. Anthony Levene
  21. Steven Walker #475
  22. Carlos A Ortiz #550
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I am a little disappointed. Finally I entered the served something around 20 minutes before quali. Kept good rhythm and in practice and I made second time.

Qualy - nightmare. I left pit first to have empty track before me. Rupe wrote something in chat and I read it and hit the wall, no second try, damaged suspension and bad steering, so I made a very bad time.

Race 1 - Massacre on the turn which Dave mentioned and I landed on the trees with damaged suspension. But still chased and had few overtakings.

Race 2 - Much better after quali. But 1 mistake and landed again in forest. Again I chased and won few positions.

Thanks for racing anyway, it wasn’t my luckiest day ;)

I've got some server issues in the Hungarian GTL Championship. Disconnected in the last two races, lost a lot of points. Lost the chance to win the season.
So I decided to take part in these club races.
I downloaded the track and the car, but not managed to practice till Monday.
This was the 3rd time, I tried a FWD car in GTL. It's quite good, almost the same like the Golf Mk1.
Did about 10 practice laps and everything felt good.

Qualy:
I did a good lap with only one little mistake. I maybe lost there 3-4 tenths. It was a low 40.
That was my PB with a very short time of practice.
Guus hit a fast lap in the last minute, he made a great job.

Race1:
I had a good start from the 2nd place and I passed Guus.
I knew, that he's faster, than me, so I turned on defence mode. :)
I tried to not do any illegal moves against Guus, I think it was a clean battle.
It's really hard to pass someone on this track, so my job was not too hard to keep my position.
Than Guus made a mistake and I left him behind. Finished 1st.:D

Race2:
This time I made a normal start from the 2nd place. Guus got the inside line, but he was too cautious at T1 and I passed him on the outside line. Than he made a few mistakes and I built a 3sec. gap.
I managed to keep this gap till I reached the first back marker at around lap 7.
I lost 2 secs. when I passed him. Guus managed to catch up and he started to attack me.
I defended the inside line at every corner and it worked well.
Than Guus made the same mistake, like in race one, he spun off and I left him behind again.
Finished 1st.

I had great battle with Guus in both races. This was so much fun!:thumbsup:
Thank you guys for this event!

Rupe wrote something in chat and I read it and hit the wall, no second try, damaged suspension and bad steering, so I made a very bad time.

Yes i did write in the chat during qually, as again drivers don't seem to understand the rules or don't read them, im sorry for this, I would also like to have my time to qually, as opposed to having to look for drivers who get it wrong, or cutting corners.. or what ever advantage they think they will get..

i apologise for typing to all drivers, for the typing But i am Race Control as well as a driver who is also trying to enjoy the event. which i don't seem able to do atm due to this .. thanks guys..

I also asked for no typing during the race, the only typing you will see is from me..
but still we had typing, in race 2 that was not needed, please listen to what i say....:(
we dont need Sorry, thankyou, ----,or a comment on a driver.. if you have had a crash with another car and you have waited that says enough..

no need to make a comment on a driver, whether a long sentence or a word. (if your unhappy about something wait till after the race and follow the correct procedure .. )
No need to announce your pitting.. You will be told in the event if it is required..

If you enter t/speak and it is quiet , and your not in the race , KEEP QUIET , you are not in the race so you dont need to talk.. After 20 past the hour we are in qually or racing.. .. on the hour we are normally finished.. so please refrain from talking.. we only want talk that is related to the race.

Now please understand what i am saying...:)

Note 5: We run a SuperPole Qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action.. After you have done your qually lap please exit to the pits, Do Not Complete Your In Lap. Do not return to the track or drive in the pit lane after this.

do we understand this PLEASE READ THE RULES !!!!!

Didn't end up doing a quali in either race as I hit a curb or something to stuff it up. Oh well

R1: I had not really noticed the blinking lights on the ride side of the track before so I started a little to soon and got a Stop/Go penalty. While on lap 1, managed to do damage the suspension. Got back to the pits for the penalty and I was already being lapped when I was getting out of the pits. Car felt terrible so I called it quits and enjoyed the good close battles (eg: Mate/Guus) while they lasted. Very good racing

R2: complete opposite of race 1. Hit the start perfectly, passed one car and then passed another at T1 and the whole time no car from behind passed me. That has never happened before and I'm wrapped with that! Normally I lose 2/3 spots.
Had Rupe on me for 1.5 laps before a small mistake costed me my position and then sent Jack flying as I slightly lost control of the car. Suffered suspension damage because of it but the car was driveable and apart from the odd spin was pretty much error free from that moment onwards.

Thanks for everyone for turning up and to Rupe for not only organising this but keeping everyone in-check.

Till Thursday :)

Well I for one appreciated the driver who provided a Pit In message as it made me more watch full and I passed him with safety right near the pit entrance.
I've never had a problem with in race chat but it should be kept to the very minimum and only be essential to the race. So here it's not wanted at all. Well so be it but IMO that's a step too far.

You're absolutely right about typing Rupe, it's a distraction to drivers that may lead to accidents. And I am very sorry to have broken that rule myself by typing "...". In the last full speed chicanes someone had an accident and left the asphalt, and then came back into the track without taking the necessary precautions to avoid upcoming cars, leaving me just a tight space where I managed to pass by miracle. It's a section where braking is almost impossible, and it scared the hell out of me. I typed that comment without thinking in the heat of the moment, despite knowing that it is not the right thing to do. I should have waited the end of the race and sent a PM to that driver reminding him the number 4 Golden Rule. To all drivers present, please accept my apologies.

Well I for one appreciated the driver who provided a Pit In message as it made me more watch full and I passed him with safety right near the pit entrance.
I've never had a problem with in race chat but it should be kept to the very minimum and only be essential to the race. So here it's not wanted at all. Well so be it but IMO that's a step too far.

To all drivers
We have t/speak for this kind of chat, It was agreed on a long time ago that this could be used for this stuff,
Were as with typing you cant help but look up to the top of the screen and can cause enough of a distraction, to cause a problem, some driver dont even have chat enabled because of this, so we ask all drivers to turn it so i can at least contact all drivers if needed..
As i pointed out in a previous post that if we feel it necessary we will let drivers know that you need to announce pit entry on chat.. Im sorry if our rules seem a bit strange at times but we all try to follow the same through out the clubs,
Feel free to ask about any rule and ill try to answer it to the best of my knowledge, I also ask other staff to confirm before posting. :)

If you enter t/speak and it is quiet , and your not in the race , KEEP QUIET , you are not in the race so you dont need to talk.. After 20 past the hour we are in qually or racing.. .. on the hour we are normally finished.. so please refrain from talking.. we only want talk that is related to the race.

Joined just before race 2 had T/S on, if I caused any back ground noise apologizes :rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.1%