GTC-TC- 76 Pontiac Firebird @Watkins Glen - Sun 29th Sept 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC-TC-76 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM ( Download )
Track: Watkins Glen long layout 5.552 km ( Download ) Optional TV Cams HERE

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (20 mins free lapping)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read these rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: We will use the Pontiac Firebird Trans AM for the race
Note 5: unlimited laps to qualify

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Hiroshi Awazu
  4. Antonio Tavares
  5. Kjell Eilertsen
  6. Allan Ramsbottom
  7. Denis Betty
  8. Mike Bishop
  9. Warren Dawes
  10. Hans Sneep
  11. Eck Simpson
  12. Stig Bidstrup
  13. Roland Warmenhoven
  14. Silvino Rodrigues
  15. Philip Brown
  16. Ian Strom
  17. Steven Walker
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Up to date list:-

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Not fit
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Hiroshi Awazu
  4. Antonio Tavares
  5. Kjell Eilertsen
  6. Allan Ramsbottom
  7. Denis Betty
  8. Mike Bishop
  9. Warren Dawes
  10. Hans Sneep
  11. Eck Simpson
  12. Stig Bidstrup
  13. Roland Warmenhoven
  14. Silvino Rodrigues
  15. Philip Brown
  16. Ian Strom
  17. Steven Walker
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

This was great fun... while it lasted!
Managed several good (just not too quick..) laps in P1, got better in Q1 and started as far up as 6th!!
Had some good fun chading Eck until at the final corner of L2 I spun myself .. into the pit lane :laugh::roflmao: !!

So had no choice but to drive through the long looong pitlane on the limiter, thus got back on track in last place...:unsure: with about 70° bent steering.

Managed to catch Hiroshi eventually and started chasing Ian, but after about 10 laps I lost the car in the final corner once again, hit the barrier and killed the engine...:cry:

Grats to Yves and podium, thanks all for racing, and thanks Rupe for the event! I hope you'll be joining us again soon to enjoy this car once more!

Yes, it was so much fun that we went for a second race after finish! What a great car, and one of my favorite tracks. Too bad you miss this one Rupe, I'm shure you'd love it. :( But there will be other races, perhaps you'll be fit next weekend? I hope so. ;)

I started 1st race from 3rd or 4th position, and managed to climb to 2nd position after Yves, with Warren and Silvino behind. After some laps, Silvino passed warren and came after me with a faster pace; nothing to do but to see him pass in a clean overtake. He started to open the gap immediately, and the rest of the race was a good fight with warren, who was breathing on my neck. At a point he managed to catapult himself from turn 1 and get my slipstream, but I took an inside defensive line before the chicane, and, as he didn't have enough overlap, I got in and out first, keeping my 3rd position until the end of the race.

The second race was not as fun as the first, even if I won it. With Yves and Silvino out, I managed to go by Warren and Eck during the first laps, and, as they were involved in a fight, I was able to open the distance until finish.

Road America or a fast oval next?

that was alot of fun too bad Rupe that you wasn't able to race :(

Qualy: took pole in front of Warren by around .100 so it was close :whistling:

Race: didn't practiced a start before the actual start of the race so i didn,t know what to expect but it went well but lost first place to Warren before T1. from there i took things easy and started studying Warren and half way into the first lap i noticed that i was able to brake a little bit later then him so it was just a matter of getting a better run out of a corner to positioned myself for the out braking pass which happened at the last corner and i was able to out brake him at T1 and took the lead. after i passed him i was able to pull away by about 3 seconds while Warren, Antonio and Silvino were deciding who would take the second place. to about lap 10 i was managing the gap between me and Silvino and the 4 last lap i just made sure to bring the car home and keep out of trouble so i took the win 1.7 infront of Silvino :)

WD to everybody that was there, thanks to RD and Rupe for the event :thumbsup:

p.s. i want more :D

That was indeed heaps of fun, really nice mod this one. Typical American muscle car, but probably not as difficult to drive as a few others. Nicely suited to Watkins too.

It was good to be able to race again, it's been a while for me and I was clearly a bit rusty. I seemed to be able to punch out some fast laps, but mixed it up with lots of little mistakes that kept costing me.
Had plenty of close racing with Silvino (for a while early), then Antonio and Eck.

Race 2 was more fun for me. I think Antonio, Eck, and I all managed quicker Qualy times in Race 2 than Race 1, and the three of us were within 0.1 secs of each other. I had a ball racing Eck all race long. We were both racing nose to tail, sometimes side by side, with both of us throwing the tail around with gay abandon, and we didn't touch once. We were both probably driving slower lap times as a result, but it should have been a spectacle for the crowd. :D Certainly good fun for me. Thanks Eck. :thumbsup:

Thanks to Rupe for organising, pity you couldn't race, it was as good as you were expecting. :)

Well, although i was running at the very back of the grid and dnf'd i still had fun with these cars. Thanks Rupe for setting up a race so soon with these cars :thumbsup:. Hopefully they will be used again.

I was very sloppy through the esses which really slowed me down and i wasn't getting around the Bus Stop too well either. I managed to hang on behind Ian for some laps then i started to drop back, trying too hard to keep up resulted in sloppy driving. I gotta stop doing that (facepalm)

I wasn't sure if Roland was racing because on my XD he was listed as DNF but i guess around lap 8 or 9 i see a car coming up behind me so i ran my line until the car came right up behind and thinking that it was the leader i slowed to allow the car to pass and oh :poop: it was Roland :roflmao: ended up chasing him for a lap and ended up crashing at the Bus Stop chicane :thumbsdown:

Good race y'all :)

Last edited:
First off I have to say that my race didn't last very long but it was a racing incident and I'm cool with that. After the 1st race we decided that there was enough enthusiasm from enough people to warrant a second race so we used the same format and ran it again. This time I managed to get through to the end without any problems although I was way off the pace of Eck and Antonio etc. Still I enjoyed it and the great banter from good people. Thanks guys and thanks Rupe for organising it. It was a blast.

Here is what happened to several of us about 2 or 3 laps in.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back