GTC-TC-76 Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR @Autodromo Saponaro - Sun 9th February

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL3

Class: GTC-TC-76 Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR ( Download )
Track: Autodromo Saponaro and Saponaro reverse ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Autodromo Saponaro
Practice start time:
GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 (12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodromo Saponaro reverse
Practice start time:
GMT 21:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:30 (12 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES Click them Please Read the rules.
Note 2: We will use the extra liveries pack to give a few more colours to the field
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: We race the track in both directions
Note 5:
We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Steve Walker
  4. Warren Dawes
  5. Allan Ramsbottom
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver

Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are too late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different, get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Thanks for this event Rupe / Steve.
This was a very interesting track, good fun to drive. Just wish I had more time to learn it, or at least find all of the nasty bits. I certainly found plenty of them in practice, and occasionally during the races. :redface: I loved the high speed jumps, looked spectacular seeing flying Skylines around us. :)

I managed to put in two good clean laps in Qualy, but always found ways to screw up the races.

Race 1, turn 1, I knew Roland was somewhere inside me through the turn but lost him in the mirrors, so stayed out wide to give plenty of room, but that resulted in drifting into the sand over the crest, dropping me back to last. Had plenty of good racing with Steve, but later on, I repeated my wide line through that turn 1 complex to give Richie room, and, you guessed it, back into that rotten sand again. Fluked a podium after Roland spun out across Richie's path, sending both into the wilderness.
Grats to Alan for the win, and WD Steve for a close 2nd.

Race 2: Surprisingly, I was learning the reverse direction better than the normal direction. Another dodgy start wasted pole, but Steve, Yves and I were having a great scrap out front, until I found the wall of death exiting the final turn. I thought I had totally killed the car, however it eventually re-started but was damned difficult to drive and looking very ugly. Managed another couple of spins, but again fluked 3rd only due to others having problems too (and the small grid of course).
Grats Steve, and WD Yves for 2nd.

The Skyline is a rather nice mod for GTL, pity it doesn't get used more. This track suited it too.

Once more, racing this track resulted in a DNF for me:(. In fact my overall performance was pretty poor tonight.
First, I came home pretty late, only to find I had an old mod version installed.:confused:
All you gents were kind enough to wait for me DLíng the newer one, and grant me an extra Q1 lap for practice.:thumbsup:

Despite being 2 sec. off the pace, an excellent start got me up amongst the leaders for a while, until I lost the car going downhill, spun and left Richie nowhere to go.:( Sorry mate!
After we got going again his car must have been severely damaged as he struggled to keep the car on track so we finished last...

2nd part was even worse though.. again 2 sec. off the Q2 pace, in R2 I messed up multiple times until the car was undrivable. After a lengthy pitstop for repairs I broke the car again crashing in the final corner and decided to call it quits as I was thorougly not enjoying myself anymore..

Sorry gents, I definitely liked the car but the reverse track not so much.:unsure:

Grats to the podium finishers, thanks Steve for admin duties, and get well soon Rupe!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back