GTC-TC-76:ENDURANCE Mercury Cougar @Watkins Glen - 20th June 2013

159639WatkinsEnduroflyer.png

Server name: 2RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Mercury Cougar (link to mod given on sign up)
Track: Watkins Glen long layout( Download ) alternative download Here Optional TV Cams HERE

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

This is a Endurance event :
Qualification start time: GMT 19.00 ( 30 min )
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (36 Laps Approx. 80 min)

Important Please Read

for this event we are using a modified version of the original Mercury Cougar mod made by Team 21 and Freinds, permission was granted by Team 21 to Yves Larose to make the modifications to the mod but an official release was denied but Team 21 agreed to a private distribution of it so therefore the download link of the modified mod will be pm to each participants upon sign up. it is strictly forbidden to give the download link to anybody and/or to upload the modified mod on any site its important cause its Yves reputation that is at stake here for future permission. the modifications are the following

- Tyres wear have been modified to suit the new fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption.
- The fuel tank have been reduce to 80 ltr compare to the 140 ltr of the original mod.
- The fuel consumption have been made higher then the original mod.
- The hud is now in English.
- Liveries have been add.

Note 1: tyre and fuel will be set at normal
Note 2: only the skins that come with the mod please, the first 20 sign up have to pick a different liverie after that the next 20 sign up follow the same rule. to see the liveries choice Click here
Note 3: Unpack simply extract the GameData file to the main GLT folder and let it override if asked if you already have the mod install it is recommended that you move it to a temporary location before installing the new one, it is also recommended that after the event you replace the modified version of the mod by the original one to avoid any conflict in further event using it.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: Qually is an unlimited lap type of qually.
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.
On this track at the exit of turn 1 there is a big white kurb you are allowed to put 4 wheels on it but not pass that kurb, at the inner loop you are allowed to put 4 wheels on the white kurbs but not pass them, at the exit of turn 10 there is also a big white kurb again you are allowed to put 4 wheels on it but but not pass it. these are the only exception on the track please refer to the track map below.
640px-Watkins_Glen_International_Circuit_Map.png

Pic1 and Pic 2

Note 7: The pit entry and exit is a bit tricky on that track, you are required for the pit entry to obey the pitlane line that start between turn 10 and 11 and to maintain a decent speed to avoid any incident. On the exit please stay to the right of the white line until it end and be very mindful of possible upcoming cars.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Yves Larose #69
  2. Rupe Wilson #67
  3. Antonio Tavares #7
  4. Ian Strom #57
  5. Guus Verver #79
  6. Steven Walker #22
  7. Rui F. Martins #28
  8. Peter van Zanten #88
  9. Norman Bruce #48
  10. Roland Warmenhoven #15
  11. Ross McGregor #76
  12. Warren Dawes #41
  13. Tim Ling #1
  14. Warren Schembri #16
  15. Hiroshi Awazu #44
  16. Rickard Norgren #14
  17. Neil Gault #76
  18. Eck Simpson #5
  19. Paul Barrass #98
  20. Krzysztof Babij #25
  21. Andreas Löffler #28
  22. Jason Holden-Jones #44
  23. Tony Wiltshire #57
  24. Pär Öqvist #48
  25. Christopher Hall-Nelson #7
  26. Christopher Mattiuz #22
  27. Marcin Piatkiewicz #15
  28. Jorge Ferreira #25
  29. Dave Flower #79
  30. Markus Hakamo #88
  31. Kjell Eilertsen #1
  32. Mate Orban #67
  33. Calum McLure #16
  34. Driver
  35. Driver
  36. Driver
RESERVE DRIVERS
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
Rules:

Pitting Rules and Procedure Click ME
Also rule: 8,&9 Failure to pit correctly will result in a penalty !

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.
and thanks to Yves for making this happen

Important please make sure to check if you have the skin #55 install if so delete it from the team folder its name is "PetrolheadsCATS55" the skin is most likely to cause problem. sorry i though i had it remove from the download file.

Going to get me a drink and watch this Yves, a super way to spend the remainder of the evening.
thank you for your efforts in making this i know it must of took you ages and numerous attempts knowing the problems you encountered.
Maybe Tony would like to share some of his vids with us to show us how a real pro does it.:p.
Its amazing how when people put there time and effort into something and you cant even find something nice to say..Way to make friends in gtl Tony :thumbsup:

But enough of that i cant be bothered when im feeling so good about the vid
Well done Yves its great.. We had nearly a full grid of cars all driving round the track really good memories, did i mention i finished 4th.... amazed myself ...
now to sit back shut up and watch ..

Good on you Yves:thumbsup:

Yves Larose great video it must took you hours (un-paid) to put that together, nice touch with the added graphics too. It's great when people put some much time and effort to keep the GTL club alive with new content.

:poop: Sorry we could n't get Ron Howard to make the video for us Tony, but he's a bit busy at the moment
but I'm sure he love hear your review of "Rush" :rolleyes:

Keep at it Yves you may be up for one of these some day soon :thumbsup:

lens19147248_47364127260fcd5f1ea3f5e692d3447f.jpg

Thanks for the video Yves, it is clear that a huge amount of time and effort went into it, despite the deficiencies and limitations of GTL replays. :thumbsup:

I know that you designed the video to match up with a voice commentary, so it is a shame you weren't able to include that, I think it would have worked quite well. That was a very ambitious challenge to include it though. ;)
For anyone who wasn't involved in the race, it demonstrates how exciting and close a finish GTL can deliver even with a very long enduro race. :)

But enough of that i cant be bothered when im feeling so good about the vid
Well done Yves its great.. We had nearly a full grid of cars all driving round the track really good memories, did i mention i finished 4th.... amazed myself ...
now to sit back shut up and watch ..
With knowing what happen afterwards and how the grids looking now, its a wonderful finishing for me with GTL here at RD, althought i would like do such races again. Great Job Yves :), 87 min - what an effort :thumbsup: .

Superb stuff Yves, fantastic effort there! Audio commentary would've been the icing on the cake, but this is great. The only down-point for me is the fact I got disco-d before the first pit-stop. By the way, from 24:05 onwards, that was even more bum-clenchingly close than I remembered! Could've been a disaster there!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%