GTC-TC-76 : Chevy Monza @Kyalami 70 & Oesterreichring 70 - Thu 13th June 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC-TC-76 Chevrolet Monza ( Download )
Track: Kyalami 70 (Download) / Oesterreichring 70 (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.05 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.15 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps )

Note 1: You have a free choice of which car you wan to use for both races​
Note 2: Please use only the liveries that come with the mod.​
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby​
Note 4: We run a SuperPole Qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront. You don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action.. After you have done your qually lap please exit to the pits, Do Not Complete Your In Lap.
Do not return to the track or drive in the pit lane after this.
Note 5: Racing Room must be given to all drivers – and this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. And The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..​
Note 6: Pit speed limiters are to be used in the pits whilst on the server at all times on RaceDay​
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Paul Bennett
  3. Tony Wiltshire
  4. Antonio Tavares
  5. Eck Simpson
  6. Rui F. Martins
  7. Hiroshi Awazu
  8. Kjell Eilertsen
  9. Carlos Diaz
  10. Jason Holden-Jones
  11. Jorge Ferreira
  12. Rene van Zijp
  13. Marcin Piatkiewicz
  14. Guus Verver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Had a great time tonigth
Q1: Did a great time, i couldn't believe it when i saw it, i was 3rd on the grid
R1: Had a decent start, but i was overtaken at t2 when i had a small off-track excursion, i was 4th. Some time after i passed to 3rd and stayed there until the end. I tried to push to 2nd, being cheered by Jorge, but i coudln't close the gap, i ended up finishing on 3rd, which was a great result for me :)

On the second race i had a bit more dificulties with the track, but i find my way around, i qualy i was able to put myself in 4th, had a good start, up to 3rd but i was passed in t2, next lap when i was 4th i had a small exit on the same corner and passed to 5th, but the car that was in front of me also spun and i wasm on 4th again, at the end of the lap, the car in front of me spun and i was alone in 3rd, and i stayed there, until i spun in the corner before the last corner, and i damaged my suspension badly, i tried to proceed but the car was too damaged and i had to give up after spinnign in t1 before i would cause any problem.

Had a great fun tonigth, i'm relly happy with my 3rd place on r1, this cars are great to drive, i really enjoyed it, and the tracks choosen were also great :thumbsup:
Thanks Rupe for organizing this race and everyone for the race :thumbsup:

PS:Sorry for using the chat during the race but i hd to return the favor to Jorge :D

Jorge Ferreira Why did you switch your light on in the race 2
this is not allowed in RD events.Please don't do it again..
it was only a few days ago i asked people to look at the rules..
and here
i also posted about the flashing of lights or use of light.. please read what is posted or ask if your unsure..;)
  • Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc.

Well, a short race for me all because i had to sneeze while in a turn :roflmao:

I felt the sneeze coming just as i was approaching the esses, was trying to hold it in until i got to the straight but couldn't. I sneezed just as i was in the last turn and lost control of my digits :thumbsdown:.

I tried pitting but my engine was far too damaged to repair. Still had fun for my whole four laps though:D

From Ian Strom's point of view. Thanks for the vid :thumbsup:
:confused:, i'm glad i didn't take anyone out

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%