GTC-TC-76 Boss vs Firebird @ Moirana - Sun 20th October 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-TC-76 Boss302 Mustang ( Download ) vs Pontiac Firebird TA ( Download )
Track: Moirana ( download ) v1.3

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (15 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES Click them Please Read the rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Boss/ Race2 = Firebird TA Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Boss #28 / Firebird #3
  2. Hiroshi Awazu Firebird #88 / Boss #302
  3. Ian Strom Boss #45 / Firebird #87
  4. Antonio Taveres Firebird #200/ Boss #18
  5. Yves Larose Boss #14 / Firebird #2
  6. Paul Bennett Firebird #6 / Boss #1
  7. Kjell Eilertsen Boss #302 / Firebird #196
  8. Allan Ramsbottom Firebird #196 / Boss #102
  9. Dave Flower Boss # 8 / Firebird #6
  10. Christopher Hall-Nelson Firebird #7728 / Boss #99
  11. Ken Hunter Boss # 2 / Firebird #8
  12. Mike Bishop Firebird #36 / Boss # 9
  13. Jack Smith Boss #33 / Firebird #92
  14. Steve Walker Firebird #87 / Boss #33
  15. Roland Warmenhoven Boss #15
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

Pick your car : RED means the car is already chosen in a race
Blue means it used in both races and not available.

Boss Mustang: #1 #2 #8 #9 #14 #15 #16 #18 #27 #28 #33 #37 #40 #45 #70 #83 #99 #100 #102 #302

Firebird Trans AM : #2 #3 #6 #8 #36 #87 #88 #92 #196 #200 #7728

you can pick a red number if that model is not used in the same race
(Ex Boss #28 can not be picked for the 1st race now, but can be picked for the 2nd race )

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you are @Hiroshi Awazu , maybe this might help.

I had a very quick look at the Boss for Moirana and here is a setup you can try (or use as a starting point). I've not really spent any quality time with it, but it felt pretty ok to me. Maybe tyres and braking could use some fine tuning, but it shouldn't be too far out. You may need to adjust the Steering Lock depending on your controller settings (I use about 700 deg rotation).

I've also included my best lap from the session, which should help you with driving lines, brake markers, and gear selections. Again, it's far from perfect (I'd expect Yves, Rupe, Antonio etc would be about 1 sec quicker), but I'd guess that if you could put together 9 laps (make that 15 laps now :p ) at this pace you would be fairly competitive. The secret is to try not to overdrive the Boss here, try to keep it flowing smoothly and stay on the track. Anything off track will cost a big penalty. ;) Also, plenty of patience through the tight turns to avoid understeering on exit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52407178/WAD Boss Moirana.rar

Last edited:
Thanks for the setup Warren :thumbsup: Now hopefully i can somewhat even up my laptimes between the two cars. I'm faster in the Firebird again.

Just curious, if i alter a value in a specific cars .HDC file lets say the rear camber settings will it cause an online mismatch?

Just curious, if i alter a value in a specific cars .HDC file lets say the rear camber settings will it cause an online mismatch?

I don't know, I've never touched those files.
I would hope that it would cause a mismatch and not be allowed, because that seems like cheating to me. All the base vehicle files and track files should be left alone, so that everyone is on the same level playing field.

I'm sure someone more familiar with these files can confirm.

EDIT: Oops! Rupe answered while I was typing at my snails pace. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing