flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-TC-76 BMW CSL Default
Track: Sebring 12H Course ( Download ) alternative download Here

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Car: BMW CSL Alpina - #87
Practice start time:
GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 (9 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Car: BMW CSL Schnitzer - #870
Practice start time:
GMT 21:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:30 (9 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES Click them Please Read the rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race 1 = BMW CSL Alpina - #87 Race 2 = BMW CSL Schnitzer - #870
Note 5:
We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Steve Walker
  3. Yves Larose
  4. Kjell Eilertsen
  5. Allan Ramsbottom
  6. Jacob Boonstra
  7. Aleksander Pienkowski
  8. Rene van Zijp
  9. Roland Warmenhoven
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are too late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different, get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
I'm willing to join this Club (read and understood the club rules;)). I installed and made (Digital) game setup following this guide: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...vd-creating-2nd-install-setting-up-gtl.63883/. After around 10 attempts I got registered, lol! Tonight there should be Sebring 12H Course event but in the lobby I can see two RD GTL servers with Mondello Park International. Am i doing something wrong?

Yes after the 1st race we all leave the server and return in the 2nd car
we have a 20 min practice session to get used to the car the qually and race
pleas note we use a superpole session for qually
that is a out lap and a fast lap then press escape, no inlap.
and you only get one go at this, Leave about a 5 second gap between you and the car in front on your pout lap :)

see you on track:)

Race 2, First of all, my appologies to Rene for the hit from behind entering turn1, This caused Rene to hit Roland, who had a great start, so my appologies also to you.

I was starting behind Yves in 3rd, but Yves got away a little slow, and rather than try to go around him, I just followed and we where over taken by several others cars, I started to accelerate with Yves, but as he moved right I lost sight of my braking point, and there was Rene, already slowing ahead. My replay does not really show this very well so if I have it wrong, send me a PM. Anyway sorry for this, I demoted myself to last place, making sure everyone involed got away, will do better next time, :redface:

Cheers all and thanks Rupe for the event. I like this track, looking forward to the Cobras.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed last night, even there were a few misshaps. I was certainly culpable for one at the start of R1. I got a great start from P3 or 4 and went for a gap between @Rupe Wilson and @Steven Walker. They both flew off the track as I entered the gap but I didn't feel like I'd hit them??? This put me off balance and I pootled around for half a lap until I realised that, if in doubt, I should have stopped, so I pulled over and let the feild through. After the race, Steve told me that he'd spun out on snatching 2nd gear. The replay showed the faintest of touches on the rear corner of Rupe's car. Under hard acceleration, this was enough to take him off so sorry for that Rupe.

R2 was no better for me. I hadn't practiced in the Schnitzer but a setup posted by @Yves Larose came in very handy. Thanks Yves, you're a class act. I thought I'd clocked Rupe taking the corner into the back straight in 2nd (I was staying in 3rd) but when I tried it in the race I ended up front on to the inside barrier on exit.... twice. Never mind, I had fun trying to recover and even made a couple of passes (Leave it Allan ;)).

Always nice to welcome new drivers to the club so well done to @Aleksander Pienkowski, stick at it fella. :thumbsup:

Grats to podiums and all who finished and thanks to Rupe and Steve for organising.
See you all next race.

Race 2, First of all, my appologies to Rene for the hit from behind entering turn1, This caused Rene to hit Roland, who had a great start, so my appologies also to you.....
NP Philip, I admit to not being chuffed at first, but these things happen and we've all been there.. IMO the only way for you to avoid these things would be to get more practice by joining us more often..;):p

First of all, @Aleksander Pienkowski , welcome! Hope you enjoyed your stay apart from the unfortunate R2 incident. Like I said above we've all been there, so don't worry about it - we don't, as long as long as its not intentional and ppl respect the waiting rule.:thumbsup:

For me, I just love these powerful cars, and I like the track too. It's a bit of a resource hog, but for that we get a really HQ track, as expected from anything VLM:)..

The Alpina BMW bit me quite a few times on the downshifts, which caused me to do as few of those as possible all through R1, I never got any lower than 3rd gear. Still managed to spin once but had a very entertaining race with a smile on my face:).

The Schnitzer BMW for Race 2, although heavier and more powerful, I found easier to drive. Got a really good Q2, rewarded with a front row spot:) looking forward to the race. With a good start I even found myself in the lead entering Turn 1, but a split second later unfortunately I was hit and found myself backwards on the track in pretty much last place:unsure:. When later that same lap I encountered a sliding Kjell, I chose the wrong side trying to avoid him and got smashed once again, losing my front splitter but getting some 45° bent steering in return..:O_o: From then on all right hand turns were easy:laugh:, but left handers not so much:cautious: Other than that my race was fine, not too quick but not as lonely as I feared it to be either, and I think I still managed to finish mid-pack somewhere.

Grats to the winners and podium finishers, Thank You to the staff, and to all fellow racers.

P.S. Thank you @Yves Larose for sharing your Schnitzer setup, my bad I didn't find out until P2 end when Steven told me.. I really should pay more attention:D

We had a decent turn out again last night which made it even more fun for me. The BMW's were great to drive around this track and I think that they were good practice for the Endurance event we'll be having here.

Race 1 in the Alpina and 2nd on the grid to @Rupe Wilson who bagged pole by a mere 3/10ths of a second :rolleyes: As the lights went green I set off well but when changing into second gear my car just speared of into the barrier on the right so I let all the drivers that were close to me to go by before putting my foot down again. I must admit that I thought I might not finish very high in standings as there were only 9 laps but I needn't have worried because it's quite a long track and I had loads of time to catch up to the others.
Most of my passes were as a result of other peoples mistakes but there were a few earned passes amongst them which lifted my spirits also, it's always nice to complete a good clean pass on someone.:) To my amazement, the next time I looked at XD I found that I had moved to 4th spot from 8/9th in little over 3 laps :confused: and as I approached the hairpin at turn 7 I came upon @Jacob Boonstra who was just recovering from an off so that gave me 3rd place. Another lap later and I could just see a battling @Roland Warmenhoven and @Yves Larose up ahead and they seemed to be having fun. I wanted some of that too so I pushed on and not long after I had closed the gap considerably. Unfortunately Roland had a little spin relinquishing his 2nd place to me :) and while chasing after Yves I had a little half spin on the entry to the back straight giving him a bit of breathing room :D. By the time I had gone through turn 1 again I saw that he had had a spin and I closed right up to his tailpipe. I was so excited that I misjudged how much extra speed I was carrying after getting in his slipstream on the run down to T7 hairpin and I very slightly out-braked myself and nudged into his side. Very sorry about that Yves ;)
That's pretty much how it finished, Yves on the top step and me in 2nd followed by Roland in 3rd I think. :)

Race 2 in the Sphincter. Sorry the Schnitzer and I decided to start from the back as my lap times were a couple of seconds faster than most :whistling:. I'll refrain from describing the chaos that ensued except to say that it wasn't our best day at the races. :( Guys, you can't win the race on the first lap. Tyres are cold and the whole field is nose to tail. You have to account for people braking earlier than normal into the first few bends and this effect is magnified the further back you you are in the pack. I had a ring side seat for most of the incidents and they were all avoidable with a little caution.
By the end of the lap I found myself in 3rd place chasing after Jacob and Yves. I think it was about lap 3 when I managed to close the gap to Jacob when turning into the apex of the the last bend I suddenly found Rupe right by my side. Sorry for the tap mate, I didn't see you coming as I was focused on the exit of the bend. If anything it was probably a 50/50 racing incident but thanks for allowing me to regain the place. As we came out of turn 5 Rupe spun his rears up and span out giving me some breathing room and by turn 7 Jacob had a little off relinquishing 2nd place to me.:thumbsup: And that's how race 2 finished.

Two 2nd place finishes was better than I could have hoped for and I thoroughly enjoyed earning them. Thanks to Rupe for setting it up and grats to other podiums. Thanks to all who attended and hope to see you next race race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%