GTC-76 BMW CSL @ Kyalami & MoSport - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

Kyalami260309.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC76 - BMW CSL (The more powerful, i.e. mental, of the two CSLs will be used - The Schnitzers)
Tracks: Kyalami '79 Download & MoSport '77 Download
Weather: Dry
Practice: 1930 GMT (30mins)
Qualification: 2000 GMT (20mins)
Race: 2020 GMT (2 x 17 laps)
Note 1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: A skinpack will be used for this event, Click here to download
Note 3: On the Track Loading Page, the arrow for track direction is pointing the wrong way. Kyalami 79 runs clockwise, not anti clockwise.

Gents - I've just read the status that Ramon's supplied in the staff thread, and it's quite serious.

I can only echo his apologies, but please don't count on this event running - I'm afraid it's probably 75% / 25% against.

I'm hopeful for the CotM event on Saturday, but realistically that's going to be the next GTL event.

Again, very sorry for the letdown.

I don't know if this is any help but for what it is worth.

Whatever happened to the server must have occurred between 11.15 GMT and 18.00 GMT because I was on the GTL Mini server with Glenn Morris and all was ok. We left it around 11.15 GMT.
It was working fine at that point.

OK chaps - I'm going to Cancel and Reschedule this one, too.

I don't want Warren & Glenn waking up early only to find it's scrubbed anyway.

Again, I can only apologise for the disruption to service. It's just a pisser that the affected server was the one where GTL (and indeed rFactor) was installed, as we've seen that Evo has remained unaffected in it's schedule because that's on (I believe) both of them.

I do feel a bit aggrieved at the bad luck GTL seems to have at the moment.

Just when I think we're going to see a nice large field (in the Minis) - we've got a few new faces in the events, I'm actually feeling encouraged and upbeat for a the first time in a while, the league is on the go and looking positive - somewhere up ahead, unbeknownst to me, fate is slipping the lead into the boxing glove and giving me a right good hiding.

I feel deflated, like all the good work and effort I put in gets squandered through events beyond my control, and I'm back @ square 1. :disapointed:

Don't get too down Mr T. Your efforts are very much appreciated in keeping this classic going. A few minor setbacks makes the final result all the more sweeter.....and all that. The league is already looking to be a blinder and I'd say CoTM is off to a successful start:good: Chin up:bounce:

*peers at computer screen, bleary eyed*

Ah dammit. lol.
That'll teach me to go out all last night and not check the forum when I get home :laugh2:

Ah well, next time I guess. Bring on round Sunday morning I say. Hockenheim will be a good little race I reckon.

Stuart, don't get down mate. From what I've seen you've been doing a fantastic job. COTM has had some awesome events, I wish I'd signed up sooner ay.

Chin up big fella, we'll see you Sunday morning/Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%