GTC 65 @ Watkins Glen GP - Thursday 18th Dec 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
This event is Cancelled / Postponed due to insufficient numbers.

We'll try again in the New Year.

gtlnight.jpg

Time for another GTL fun night, we'll continue the theme of casual fun and trying out the diifferent cars available in GTL.
This time, we use only the GTC 65 cars, but two races using a different car for each race.
We have divided the class into two groups:

American Power: AC Cobra, Chev Corvette, Shelby Daytona, Shelby GT350, TVR Griffith

Euro Finesse: Austin Healy, Ferrari 275, Jaguar E Type, Lotus Elan, Lotus Elite, Mercedes 300SL, Renault Alpine

You must pick one from the American Group for Race 1, and one from the Euro Class for Race 2.

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Password: click here

Class: GTC 65 (Please note car selection rules above)
Track: Watkins Glen GP
Track download: click here

Weather: Dry

Practice: 19:30 GMT 30 minutes
Qualification: 20:00 GMT 20 minutes
Race: 20.20 GMT 2 by 10 laps

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans - TVR, Alpine
  2. Warren Dawes - Shelby GT350, Austin Healey.
  3. Ben Tusting
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Stuart Thomson - Shelby Daytona, Lotus Elan
  2. Marc Good - Cobra, Mercedes
  3. Amir Mar
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

• Stuart Neal

Sorry Warren, I'll be onsite at work when the fun starts. I'll wait for the OZ racing. I need the practice anyway.

It's beginning to look like this event wont have sufficient confirmed numbers to make it worthwhile.
I'll check in about 12 hrs, but at the current level of sign ups, I'll have to cancel the event.

Sorry if that happens guys, but 3 racers isn't really going to work.

Event is postponed.

Sorry guys, but the numbers of confirmed racers does not make for much of an event for us, so I have postponed it for now. I'll re run it early in the New Year.

Thanks to those who were prepared to join, but I guess the holiday timing is unfortunate. Lets look forward to more good fun in GTL next year.

• Stuart Neal

Nah the time was ok, it's just I work shift work(12 hour shifts) and the start time would have put me on the grid at work instead on Watkins Glen. I know where I would have wanted to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%