GTC-65 Volvo P1800 @ Nivelles GP - Thu 11th April 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC65 Vovlo P1800 (Download)
Track: Nivelles GP ( Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 13 laps )

Note 1: Race 1 & 2 we will use the Volvo P1800 (in order for the mod to show you must click on the lotus elite as-well as the GTC-65. just scroll down and tick the box before advancing to the next screen) inside the folder you unpack is the GameData folder just put this folder inside your main gtl folder where the gtl .exe sits and let it overwrite.
Note 2: only the liveries that come with the mod please.
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 5: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Andrew Jarnell
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Warren Dawes
  6. Jack Smith
  7. Paul M Jones
  8. Philip Brown
  9. Yves Larose
  10. Roland Warmenhoven
  11. Brian Harlow
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

What a great combo, the Volvo's are amazing fun to drive, and this track suited them perfectly. :thumbsup:

Race 1: I started at the back, and quickly latched onto Paul's tail as he led me through the field and up to P4. Paul had an off, which allowed me to move up and pressure Jack's sister. She was shaking her booty a lot during the closing laps but with Jack screaming in the passengers seat, she held on to take second.
Grats to Knut for the win, but a brilliant drive by Jack's sister. :p She seems a lot quicker than Jack. :alien:

Race 2 had it all. Yves and I had a good ol' scrap early behind Roland out front. We then continued that some more after Roland went looking for a lagoon to swim in, but Yves lost a lot of ground waiting for me after a small tap and Paul had his turn leading. After taking over the lead for a bit, I slammed the fence (twice), so Phillip took over the lead with myself and Knut hot on his tail. Then came the funniest part of the race.
The three of us descended very fast to lap Brian into the very high speed turn 1. Brian headed for the grass to avoid the nasty pack suddenly appearing in his mirrors, and Phillip, Knut and I scattered to all parts of the track, well actually off track. :D Phillip stopped and waited ( thinking he may have hit Brian, which he hadn't, Knut stopped to wait for Phil, and I slowed around the next bend wondering and asking what happened. Knut advised me to go again, so I took off but now in the lead (somewhat undeservedly :redface: ). Next I know Yves was back in second ( I think Knut and Phil were still playing "excuse me's"). Yves was flying now and quickly jumped on my tail, giving us another tight battle to the end. I held Yves off, but only because he couldn't find a clean pass.
Well done Yves and Knut for the podium.

Huge thanks to Rupe for planning this cracking event, one of my most enjoyable ever in GTL. :)

I wasn't feeling that well today, but joined to help fill in the grid, (at least that's what I told "her")
In Race 1, I was more trying not to take anyone out during the first laps. I drifted wide 3x at the last appex of the big R hander but eventually started doing some consistent laps and was able to defend my position with with a mirror full of Rupe during the closing laps. Good driving Rupe, and congrats to Knut, "Jackie", and Warren.

R2. Had a better quali, but got shuffled back to 9th with another drift off at the big R hander again, By far the most interesting lap was mid race when serveral incidents gifted me !st from 5th in less than half a lap. Two laps later Warren was back on my tail as I came up on Brian at the end of the front straight and it went just as Warren discribed. I am sorry Brian for storming up on you like that, I am sure it was un-nerving for you, and in the end, didn't do my race any good either!

The funny thing was, as I was waiting, (indeed, I did think I hit Brian,) I let the whole field by not realizing Brian was only a few places behind when I pulled over!! Lesson learned, great event Rupe, hope we see these little performers again some time, congrats to Warren on the win and Yves and Knut for the podium. Thanks to everyone who showed up for an evening of really good competition .

Every now and again you have the car track combo that just feels so good from the second lap i had a feeling it was the right combo..
the car drives so nice and the track really suited the car, I loved the way the car would slide just enough for a good bit of fun. But push to much and it will bite. This track is nice to drive round but can be very hard to drive to get that extra little bit out of it..
it quickly becoming a favourite track for me ..
although im still suffering with my back i was not going to miss it so i just had to take it easy..(or that was the plan). :roflmao: But as soon as the flag dropped i was giving it all maybe to much in places..but it did put a smile on my face.. yes i made a few mistakes but for some reason it didn't matter i was having such good fun.. i didn't matter where i was position wise, there was lots of fun to be had. the times were close and the racing was enjoyable.. it love this car and it seems perfect for the club events.
Even if you missed the race please download it and give it a go, We will be using this car again soon..
Congrats to the podiums,

Brian Harlow, don't worry about jumping of track if you getting lapped it not need just hold your line through the corner and ease of the gas on the next straight to allow the cars by. just try and be constant in your actions. let the overtaking cars move around you .
We are here to help if you have problems with the install of cars just post, try not to leave it until the last minute. follow the instruction posted in the club post.. Most mods come in a GameData folder this is what your looking for when you unpack the file and this just need to be dropped into the main gtl folder..
if its different i will post what to do.. It will get easier when you get used to how the folders are managed..

Indeed a lovely combo, mr. Wilson! I really enjoyed these races, although (again) I could not find any time to practice beforehand. Glad the track is easy to memorize, as the car's limits are not that obvious. By the end of R1 I started to understand the car a little (Yes I know I'm slow at that:redface:) so leaving before R2 was no longer an option.:)
Even managed to run in the lead for a while, but had my own fair share of mistakes so by race end I think I'd been everywhere from first to last.:laugh:

Grats to all podium finishers, and Thanks to Rupe for finding this nice combo!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back