GTC-65 Shelby vs Jaguar @ Laguna Seca - Thu 24th October, 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-65 Shelby GT350 vs Jaguar E-Type Coupe # 820
Track: Laguna Seca ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (15 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read these rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Shelby/ Race2 = Jag Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - shelby / Jag #820
  2. Paul Bennett - Jag #820 / shelby
  3. Antonio Tavares - shelby / Jag #820
  4. Milos Litavec - Jag #820 / shelby
  5. Andrew Jarnell - shelby / Jag #820
  6. Yves Larose - Jag #820 / shelby
  7. Hiroshi Awazu - shelby / Jag #820
  8. Allan Ramsbottom - Jag #820 / shelby
  9. Denis Betty - shelby / Jag #820
  10. Steve Walker Jag #820 / Shelby
  11. Jack Smith Shelby / Jag #820
  12. Carlos Diaz Jag #820 / Shelby
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Lol! now why couldn't i drive the way i did today with the Alfas and the Austins last week :O_o: It was just one of those everything went bad day for me last week.

Shame i couldn't make race 1, i really wanted to take the Shelby around this track but the Jaguar was a really nice car to drive, i found it well balanced for this track with minimal setup. All i did was adjust steering lock a bit and minor brake adjustments and all was good.

Had a bit of fun sweatin' Jack Smith for a bit there until i beefed it and spun:D

It was fun, thanks guys :thumbsup:

I owe an apology to all drivers present.

It has been brought to my attention that I crossed many times the left white line in the fast corner after the start-finish line. Despite not gaining a significant time advantage, because that area of the track is pedal to the metal anyway, it allowed me a safer approach to the braking zone for T2, and that might have constituted an unfair advantage.

I am sorry about that, and will pay more attention next races.

Had my own problems last night with the first corner spun to many times going down the box from 3rd to 1st unintentionally.. and then i would not come out of 1st in the second race. so pressed escape to try and find a fix..
After taking the shifter apart and seeing no broken wires or anything that looked wrong i made a new profile and i can change gear again but its still shows signs of a problem. missing the odd gear here and there...
I think ill reinstall the drivers and start a fresh and lets hope this cures it,

but it was good while it lasted, i found it hard but fun to drive the mustang and Jag. never quite getting to grips with them like the other cars. But thats all part of the challenge i think...:)

Last edited:
@Rupe Wilson, I had a similar problem some 3 or 4 months ago. In my case, it was upshifting (I use the paddle shifters on my wheel); for example, when I upshifted from 3rd to 4th gear, I found myself in 5th instead of 4th.

Found out it was the micro-switch attached to the printed circuit board (PCB) inside the wheel, which was activated by the right paddle shifter. Fanatec sent me a new PCB with the right and left micro-switches - problem solved until today... :cautious:

As a side note, I just received a new wheel from Fanatec this month. Had to send my wheel (CSR Elite with 1 year of use) to their repair center in Spain one month ago, because it was constantly loosing the center calibration (faulty code wheel sensor). They seem to have lost it or being unable to repair, I was told that the guy had broken the sensor when he was cleaning it...:confused:
They finally sent me a new wheel from Germany, and as offer they installed two new generation CSW heat tested FFB motors. Now I have an hybrid wheel: CSR Elite on the outside, CSW FFB motors inside. :O_o:
In conclusion, its the second time in the first year that I have problems with my Fanatec wheel. :rolleyes: Not a very good sign imho. My G25 never had a single problem after 6 or 7 years of intensive use, and the Fanatec wheel needed to activate the warranty twice in one year. What will come next? That's why I don't sell my old G25, if anything happens I know it's stored in perfect condition in its box and will replace the Fanatec like it did last weeks.

Last edited:
I've never really used the paddle shifters for gear changes, I use the gear stick whether it be sequential or trying to shift properly..
to shift properly it took me ages and with many mistakes and missed gears,
i just got used to doing it and them this happens... Grrrrrrrr..
but it seems ok in other sims which is also annoying.....
ive now made a complete new game profile and i think its just about cured it, time will tell..
Just my shoddy gears changes to worry about now...:roflmao::roflmao:

G25 wheel and shifter, ive had a recurring problem for a while and usually just by going through the gear motions it comes good,

tried remapping and other stuff.. no joy, A new profile worked alot better I started from scratch with all. :)

I had a similar problem about a year ago with my G27 , some gears not registering or changing when they should so I ordered a new shifter. In the time that it took to arrive I took the shifter apart and cleaned it up. Problem went away ... new shifter still in the box.

I should mention that the reverse gear is not functioning so I mapped it to the 6th gear. I believe the problem here is a broken wire, but since I never need a 6th gear with my racing I have not tried to repair it as yet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%