GTC-65 Shelby GT350 & Lotus Elite S2 @ Philip Island - Thu 13th February

Steven Walker

Slowly getting better!
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL2
Class: GTC-65 Shelby GT350 & Lotus Elite S2 (Download)
Track: Philip Island 2.763m / 4.446km (Download)
Extra Skins: GTC-65 Class (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (12 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race1 = Shelby. Race2 = Lotus.
Note 5:
We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Steve Walker
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Roland Warmenhoven
  5. Jack Smith
  6. Yves Larose
  7. Warren Dawes (R1)
  8. Allan Ramsbottom
  9. Andy Jarnell
  10. Denis Betty
  11. Roland Warmenhoven
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Sorry I could only join Race 1, but I really wanted to get a run at Phillip Island, it's such an icon of Aussie racing.
Since I'd seen about a hundred races here on TV, and I've driven the GT350 in a League, I thought I'd pick up this combo fairly quickly. However, in the Practice session, I found the track quite tricky and was struggling to get anywhere near the quick guys (or even stay on track :rolleyes: ). Even using Steve's setup (thanks) didn't get me there, but with a wee tip from Steve, I realised I was just not getting the entries into those tightening over crest turns which make Phillip Island so well known.

In the race, I had a good battle with Alan for the whole race, but I always had the feeling he was backing off just enough to keep me interested. It worked Alan, towards the end I could see your rear end sliding around a lot more as the GT350 did it's usual tyre eating, but you were still too good to make a mistake.
Grats Alan for the win, and WD Yves for the podium.

Thanks to Steve for organising (and choosing some Aussie tracks ;) ).

Last nights races was just fun, fun, fun..:)
Race ..1

What a combination..a big muscly guy, in a big muscly car. ha ha ha ..:):p..A great battle between myself and @Warren Dawes for the whole race.couple of times just about side by side with i think good gentleman driving on both counts..cheers m8.:thumbsup:..well done @Yves Larose for podium aswell...
Race 2.
Boy these little screamers are fun..On pole again :whistling::cautious:, i had a cracking start thinking...im in the clear here.....Then out of nowhere like a rat on whizz our glorious leaders ( get well soon m8 :thumbsup: ) biatch..@Steven Walker flies right up my chuff into second place:confused::confused::cautious:.Nip and tuck for a few laps till steve over cooks it on the sweeping left after the straight:roflmao::laugh::p:p..In the clear again till couple silly mistakes:( and im down to third behind yves and jack, with steve up my chuff once again:cautious::cautious:..a tight right hander sees steve out brake himself causing us to collide..but waiting like a good chap that he is:thumbsup:,were off again,,and just holding him off for my second podium of the night..well done yves and @Jack Smith...Great night,big thanx to me pal Steve for another fun filled thurs night racing..Roll on the next 1..:);):thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back