GTC-65 Shelby GT350 @ Eurospeedway Lausitz GP- Sun 10th Nov, 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R

Class: GTC-65 Shelby GT350
Track: Eurospeedway Lausitz GP( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (12 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Shelby GT250 will be used for both races.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Steve Walker
  3. Antonio Taveres
  4. Mike Bishop
  5. Allan Ramsbottom
  6. Roland Warmenhoven
  7. Yves Larose
  8. Dave Flower
  9. Jack Smith
  10. Hyji Sinderi
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are too late for that session.

Please think of your fellow drivers. Get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive. We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.

If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
As we had a bad start to the posting of the Endurance event we are having a race at the Eurospeedway Lausitz GP, This way we can get used to the track, in a car that will need to watch your braking to get it tucked in to the corners to get the best out of it..

Thursday night drivers will have the extra benefit of using the car already this week so, i hope it will be a nice match in preparation for the event next Sunday..

All Drivers need to look at the expanded rules we have posted and post to say you have read and understood them please.. CLICK ME (you only need sign once).

Its ok, I did already a couple of laps offline just to learn the track. Btw, the eastern Creek setup seems to work pretty well here without changes. I'll have to check fuel when online, seems that it could use some liters more to be safe. I usually calculate fuel through XD, and add for 2 or 3 more laps than race length.

Im starting to like this track,,,
Good fun driving the Yank tank, could not keep up with Yves in race 1. but it was good practice for the Endurance next week,
Sorry i had to cut it short,
the whole house has a bit of a bug, even the cat is not well,
had to do a bit of cleaning up after it left a mess all over..
So no race 2 for me, By the time id cleaned up all the mess i was feeling rather ill my self
(dont figure):mad::speechless: :poop::poop::poop::sick::sick::sick:

thanks to all that showed up...

ps still feel like crap...:sick::D

Completed a full race night, and it went pretty well!
During P1 and Q1 I was still busy learning the track, Q'd as slowest:redface:.
A good start and first few corners got me up into 5th for a short while. However my laptimes were pretty slow, combined with a few moments off track pretty soon landed me at the rear of the field again. Still I did have some great fun laps battling with Mike and even finish slightly ahead of my starting position.:)

For Q2, I decided to trade the setup Yves kindly shared for an old one I found. That worked out pretty well: Now knowing the track, I Q'd over 3 sec. faster than Q1, and even snatched pole!! (Courtesy of Yves and Steve not bothering and Rupe going MIA, but still.. :D)

Another pretty good start, and with the help of Antonio successfully fighting off the aliens for quite a while:thumbsup::D, I even managed to build a 2 sec. lead, but when Yves did find a way past, he was on my tail within seconds:confused: He then wasted no time making a move, which failed (not sure why - apologies if I slammed the door on you too hard:unsure:) and he spun..

Now having a little breathing space I knew Yves would be back... with 4 laps to go my lead was about 6 sec... with 1,5 lap to go it was about 0,6 sec...:( But by just making my car as wide as I possibly could, I eventually managed to keep him behind me, and WIN!:) AND have an interesting race at the same time:thumbsup:

Thanks Rupe for the event, shame you had to leave, and THX all for racing!

Had two really fun events. I also had to become comfortable with track at first but the Shelby is a fun way to learn it.

In race 1 I finished just behind Steve as he passed me on the last lap. Made a silly mistake, glanced at XD while coming up to a sharp left hander at the end of a long straight and missed the my braking point, I still need to improve on defending ... too worried about fouling, diving in, than defending.

In race 2, I had a good start but as I and another driver closed on the first turn, I was on the outside, and not wanting to foul and cut him off I stayed wide but foolishly went too wide and left the track. I had to wait for all drivers to pass before re-entering and so a podium looked harder to get than a date with my sister. I had fun working back a few spots but ended up in no man's ( drivers ) land ... many seconds behind the front and many seconds ahead of the rest. Near the last I saw Scot up a head and did gain a bit but had a big spin in the last chicane trying to exit too fast so lost all hope of a possible battle with him.

Thanks Rupe for the event. Cheers to all drivers. WD to podiums.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 290 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing