GTC-65 Renault Alpine A110 Vs Lotus Elite S2 @ Pineda Circuit - Thu 16th January 2014

Steven Walker

Slowly getting better!
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL2

Class: GTC-65 Renault Alpine A110 (Default) v Lotus Elite S2 (Download)
Extra skins for GTC-65 class (Download)
Track: Pineda Circuit (2.7m - 4.4km) (Download) (Alternate Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (12 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Alpine / Race2 = Lotus. Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Steve Walker - Alpine / Lotus
  2. Rupe Wilson - Lotus / Alpine
  3. Jack Smith - Alpine / Lotus
  4. Kamil Paczos - Lotus / Alpine
  5. Hans Sneep - Alpine / Lotus
  6. Richie Hill - Lotus / Alpine
  7. Andrew Jarnell - Alpine / Lotus
  8. Brian Wallace - Lotus / Alpine
  9. Yves Larose - Alpine / Lotus
  10. Paul Bennett - Lotus / Alpine
  11. Rene van Zijp - Alpine / Lotus
  12. Roland Warmenhoven - Lotus / Alpine
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are too late for that session.

Please think of your fellow drivers. Get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive. We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.

If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.[/quote]

Last edited:
@Brian Wallace. You seem to be having problems joining the server. It could be because you haven't installed the skinpack into your "Teams" folder or the Lotus S2 mod is not installed correctly. If this is not there it will cause a server mismatch and you must have it installed.

20 mins second practice has started.

Sorry Brian, I was in qualy when you asked. NoGrip was hacked over christmas and they reset all the passwords. They recommend that you go through "Lost Password" routine to be able to renew your log in.

Well last night was good & bad :whistling: not raced for some time so I feel kinda rusty will have to get my mojo back man ;)

Race 1, Nightmare Lotus S2 could have been my setup but god it was hard work, went off a few times so just drove around leaning the track.:unsure:

Race 2, Much better in the Alpine which is a lot more forgiving and fun to drive :)

I really like track :thumbsup:

Late to comment, but still wanted to say this was a fun event! The track, I still struggle to get it right, it looks kind of easy but at least half the corners feel like off-camber thus making it hard to find grip at places.

My races, well, there's not too much to say.. The short-winded Lotus will never be one of my favs, but the Alpine, I love it.:inlove:
My Lotus races was equally afwul as the car, I knocked off Hans in L1 (Sorry Hans!!:redface:) into the gravel which took him a long time to get out of. My pace was horible, I couldn;t keep the car on track, and it was only due to others making even more mistakes that I didn't end up last...:(
Onto R2, in my trusted Alpine. Hadn't driven it ever since last league, so took some getting used to, but by Q2 end the feeling had come back pretty well.. R2 was fun, started in 1st, but screwed up last corner in L1, so I fell way back. Was able to fight myself forward a few places, and my pace was very good but not consistend enough to catch the front runners. Still a really fun race:thumbsup:

Grats to all podium finishers, and Well Done! @Kamil Paczos, hope you enjoyed it. Thanks all for racing, and of course thank you to admin Steve:notworthy:. CYA

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%