GTC-65 Renault Alpine A110 & Shelby Daytona Coupe @ Philip Island - Thu 20th February

Steven Walker

Slowly getting better!
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL2
Class: GTC-65 Renault Alpine A110 & Shelby Daytona Coupe
Track: Philip Island 2.763m / 4.446km (Download)
Extra Skins: GTC-65 Class (Download) + Daytona skins (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (12 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race1 = Alpine. Race2 = Daytona.
Note 5:
We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Steve Walker
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Jack Smith
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito
  5. Roland Warmenhoven
  6. Denis Betty
  7. Warren Dawes
  8. Yves Larose
  9. Krzysztof Babij
  10. Hiroshi Awazu
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice track and a nice car (for R1......) which led to a very nice grid once again. I had done a little practice (for once) so with some of the quicker drivers electing not to qualify, I was able to qualify well in both races.
The races themselves however, were a different matter. When @Jack Smith gave me a tap in R1 I decided to take my medicine (I've been guilty of the odd mistake myself in recent weeks). Not thinking quickly enough though, I stayed quite when you were asking if you'd hit anyone Jack. Sorry for that, I should have just told you to continue. Anyway, my graphics card issues added to my woes and once again I found myself at the back of the field in L1. I think I caught up with some other drivers and I have a vague memory of dicing with a very wide car driven by @Hans Sneep . Nice drive Hans, WD mate.
P2 was a bit of a shock after driving the (more or less) point and squirt Alpine. I struggled all the way through practice but once again, pulled a better out of the bag lap in qually. I got a fair start and was able to grab 3rd. Before I could settle in though, I reverted to type and started taking my usual off track excursions. :( By the time I had gathered my composure I was last AGAIN. This time I caught up to @Richie Hill and had a great time trying to find a way past until my mind wandered once again and I became confused about which corner I was approaching. I completely missed my breaking point and slammed into the wall, breaking my suspension.
Although I didn't win any of my battles this time, I had awesome fun trying. Nice one guys.
Thanks to Steve and Rupe for organising and grats to podiums.
Thanks for the great racing guys I'm gonna try winding back the clock speed on my (sold to me as) overclocked card. Hope to see you all next race. :thumbsup:

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed this event. I kinda guessed that the Alpine would be fairly well liked and easy to handle for most but the Daytona was a bit of an unknown as I had only run it once before at Pineda.
:unsure:
Race 1 was a bit embarrassing for me as I was a little faster than most :whistling:. When that is the case I usually start from the back and work my way through the field but I had just spent the previous 20 minutes getting a half decent setup for the Daytona and didn't get to grips with the Alpine until it came to the qualifying session. All the lap times during practice were very close and I thought that it would be better to actually qualify this time. Oooops!:sneaky:
Anyway, I qualified on pole and got a great start matched inch for inch by Warren and Roland for a while but after the first lap I stopped looking in my mirror and just tried to stay consistent with my lap times.
After watching the replay I saw a couple of incidents where there was contact enough to knock drivers off track. This is dissappointing and I feel that I have to reiterate the rule that if you knock someone off the track (or if you think you knocked someone off) you must stop and let them regain their position. This is something that you would want for yourselves if it happened to you I'm sure and it's only fair that you show the same respect to other drivers.

The second race was a different beast altogether. The Daytona just wanted to understeer at every bend with all that weight up front but with a few tweaks here and there I was able to get it around the track at a reasonable pace.
I decided that I would start from the back this time and work my way up through the pack but I got a little waylaid a couple of times due whilst scouting out picnic sites.:D So it took a little longer than I would have liked to get near the front runners. In fact it wasn't until the last few laps that I caught sight of Allan in second spot and I tried my damndest to close enough to make the pass but he had too much of a gap and was able to stay ahead of me.:cry:. The race was full of spills and close calls and was so much fun that 3rd place from the back of the grid was no disgrace.:giggle:

I'd like to thank everyone who turned up and give my commiserations to those that couldn't finish the race because of one reason or another. Well done podiums and hope to see you all very soon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back