GTC-65 Porsche 911 vs Renault Alpine A110 @ Laguna Seca - Thu 10th October, 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-65 Porsche 911 2.0s ( Download ) vs Renault Alpine A110
Track: Laguna Seca ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (15 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read these rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Porsche / Race2 = AlpineEven number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Porsche / Alpine
  2. Antonio Tavares Alpine / Porsche
  3. Hiroshi Awazu Porsche / Alpine
  4. Andrew Jarnell Alpine / Porsche
  5. Otto Neckel Porsche / Alpine
  6. Milos Litavec Alpine / Porsche
  7. Hans Sneep Porsche / Alpine
  8. Mike Bishop Alpine / Porsche
  9. Allan Ramsbottom Porsche / Alpine
  10. Denis Betty Alpine / Porsche
  11. Steven Walker Porsche / Alpine
  12. Marty Pierce Alpine / Porsche
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Laguna is a great track! :thumbsup:

I had a good race today even though i ran out fuel half way around the track on the the last lap of R1:roflmao:

Race 2 was better, hung in there pretty good with a few of the other drivers, got to see some cool sparks made by i think Rupe and Denis while i was following them on their approach to the Corkscrew :D:thumbsup:

@Steven Walker , sorry about the tag at T5. That was my bad, thought you were going to carry your speed out of the turn.

All in all another fun session, good racin' guys :thumbsup:

Overall real good fun last night,
The Alpine was an easier car to get the lap times with, but i have seen guys drive that porker so well and keep up and out run the alpine, in the league its all track dependent, what this did do last night was bring the group closer together in one of the races,

I made a couple of errors in the races getting to close to cars going into corners due to different breaking zones, but overall had some great battles in both races,

There were a couple of errors i did see on looking at the replays if you go off track you cant just pull back on you must look wait if need be until the track is clear, and when you do come back on track,keep of the racing line and get up to race speed before pulling back onto the race line prime example of this is the 2nd blue alpine just pull back on track just before the last bend i had no were to go Bang big smash... :( So please think about this....

If you are being lapped hold you line just drive as normal let the car thats overtaking you make the move to go round you then you can help by lifting of the gas, dont try to get out of the way just drive your car as normal. The faster car has the speed to go round you , if this happens coming into a corners or series of bend, the same again hold your line as normal if you see the overtaking car coming round you lift to help him get by,
There is no need to drive off track at all you are still in a race yourself.. remember we do this for fun and enjoyment This club is about the driving not the win at all cost...

If a car has the right to the corner he is turning in to the apex you cant just dive bomb the inside line to get by. we dont do that in GTL you have to be along side going into the corner to have the right to drive the inside line but your not allowed then to run him out wide off the track on exit of the corner.

if you tap a car going into a corner and he wobbles, you dont have the right to overtake him. We pass clean and fair, back off and wait until the next bend.

And of course dont forget the golden rule if contact is made and he goes off you must wait for him to return to the track before you can start to race yourself.
if the car is already spinning or crashing due to his own action or you are behind the guys crashing you dont have to stop it not your fault..but please be careful when overtaking an incident.
dont look to gain an advantage over other drivers in front who might lift for it..

If you want to ask any questions you can about driving i will do my best to answer them..

thanks guys great night of racing... :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back