GTC-65 Porsche 911 2.0S vs Alfa Romeo GTA Junior @ Mid Ohio - Thu 29th Aug, 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name:2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC-65 Porsche 911 2.0s ( Download ) vsTC-65 Alfa Romeo Junior ( Download )
+( sounds )
Track: VLM Mid Ohio non-chicaned ( download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (13 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveriesor the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Porsche / Race2 = Alfa Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Porsche / Alfa
  2. Paul Bennett Alfa / Porsche
  3. Hans Sneep Porsche / Alfa
  4. Lars Johansson Alfa / Porsche
  5. Andrew Jarnell Porsche / Alfa
  6. Rui F. Martins Alfa / Porsche
  7. Hiroshi Awazu Porsche / Alfa
  8. Calum McLure Alfa / Porsche
  9. Mike Bishop Porsche / Alfa
  10. Antonio Tavares Alfa / Porsche
  11. Walter Pickering Porsche / Alfa
  12. Kjell Eilertsen Alfa / Porsche ?
  13. Warren Schembri Porsche / Alfa
  14. Philip Brown Alfa / Porsche
  15. Eck Simpson Porsche / Alfa
  16. Yves Larose Alfa / Porsche
  17. Silvino Rodrigues Porsche / Alfa ?
  18. Jacob Boonstra Alfa / Porsche
  19. Steven Walker Porsche / Alfa
  20. Ken Hunter Alfa / Porsche
  21. Roland Warmenhoven Porsche / Alfa
  22. Davy Vandevenne Alfa / Porsche
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the good racing everyone, had a very enjoyable time in both races. I had one big moment in Race 1 when I spun in front of Jacob at the end of the front staight, entering the right hander. Forturnately Jacob skillfully avoided me and I was able to contunie, after clearing the track to gather my thoughts!

Congrates to Yves on the double win, and thanks Rupe for maintaning such a high standard, with lots of fair and competative racing!
...see you next time :thumbsup:

A bit late but better late than never. I had a great time at the races but had a little booboo at the start of race 1 (sorry antonio) I got a cracking start and he didn't move so in the split second available to me I decided to turn left and come off throttle.... too late. I hit his rear left quarter and he speared off across the track. So I stopped and waited for him to get going again and set off after him. He made his way up the field pretty smoothly, lovely to watch on the replay, but I got stuck behind Jacob and Roland the rest of the race with callum harassing my ass for a few laps near the end until he got the better of me. Glad that you liked my setup Roland. Now I know why I couldn't catch you.;)

Here's a video of race 1. Hope you like it and will try and get one done for race 2.

Sorry to derail the topic but I gotta ask, what reason is there to post the video in that media gallery?
Don't mean to sound negative or snarky, but I honestly can't think of a reason why I would want to do the extra "work" of posting a video there and then have to link it in the post where I want to share it anyways, hopefully you can enlighten me on some reason(s)? :D

That is the gtl media gallery. in one click you can see all the vids for gtl in 3 months time this post will be on page 2 and lost in all the trace threads..
it takes 2 mins to post it in the gallery and it there for the whole of RD to see not hidden away in our race thread..

maybe you need to think harder:p

maybe a driver that would not think about racing GTL happens to see Stevens vid or one of yours and see how good the racing is and want to come and race with us.. He might not of come here otherwise.

Because im proud of the way you guys race and want all to see what we have in GTL..:)

and finally because i said so:p:p:p:p:p

Be proud of this club its the best lets show them so:thumbsup:

I am trying to ignore the part about you doing a little bit of extra work...
maybe you'd like to run GTL then you may see what extra work is...
How much i do for free so you guys can race :whistling:

give that man a cookie.jpg

I know Rupe, I can hardly imagine all the work behind the races. Testing cars, tracks, organizing races, moderating and replying in fórum, etc...uf uf! It's like a full-time job, and let me say a sincere thanks and congratulate you for keeping things running as smoothly as you do.

Last edited:
Oh I'm fully aware of the work you put in behind the scenes to make this racing happen, by no means where I trying to diminish that and claim we are doing anything close to that amount of work, and there's a reason why I put the word "work" in quotation marks as I did.
I honestly just didn't see any reason to post it there when it's readily available on youtube already. I do see your point in making it available for anyone not surfing into these parts of the forum, but then again the media library is a place on this site where I have (until today) not ever set my virtual foot.

It is no biggie Kjell,:)
Like you have said its the first time you had even looked in Gallery section. Like allot of members they just go to were they want and don't look all over the site and miss out on lots of great stuff.
lots of member have never even been in our GTL section.
You can always ask in the Support and Feedback Section if its possible to link a vid of the race you post in a club section to the Gallery, :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%