GTC-65 Austin Healey vs Alfa Romeo Junior @ Laguna Seca - Thu 17th October, 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-65 Austin Healey 3000 vs TC-65 Alfa Romeo Junior ( Download ) +( sounds )
Track: Laguna Seca ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (15 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read these rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Healey / Race2 = Alfa Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Remember the Alfa Romeo Junior is installed in the TC-65 folder

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - Healey / Alfa
  2. Antonio Tavares - Alfa /Healey
  3. Hiroshi Awazu - Healey / Alfa
  4. Hans Sneep - Alfa /Healey
  5. Jack Smith - Healey / Alfa
  6. Allan Ramsbottom - Alfa /Healey
  7. Jacob Boonstra - Healey / Alfa
  8. Denis Betty - Alfa /Healey
  9. Steve Walker Healey / Alfa
  10. Cedric Germain - Alfa /Healey
  11. Milos Litavec - Healey / Alfa
  12. Roland Warmenhoven - Alfa /Healey
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Well another night of fun. Two different cars and feel that were almost identical on lap times, and this track is rather good at producing good racing.
In practice i was doing good in my lap times very constant and with a good feel in the Healey,
breaking early for the corners and rolling up to the apex and then letting its torque pull my out the corner..
Got pipped to pole by Steven in his Healey by a tenth or so :O_o: (where did that come from nice lap all the same):thumbsup:
When the race started me and Steven soon pulled away from the field behind and had a good close bit of fun for a few laps, pushing him hard all the way then i had my break and was through,
I Kept a close eye on him and just kept the gap slowly pulling away then he would drag it back.
as we went into the first corner i saw him running on in the gravel. So i was all alone and just running to the flag with 8 laps to go and a 12 second lead. tried to keep it smooth and relaxed.
no need for lap records although it did happen a couple of times :whistling: felt good to get a win under my belt again. But this was my league car from last season, all the memories came flooding back. I still love the Austin Healey 3000 :inlove::inlove:

Race 2
in practice i was a second faster than the pack:redface: in the Alfa Junior with almost the same times as id set in the Healey,
So no qually for me and a run from the back of the field:sneaky:
As the race started i took it easy for the 1st lap as the healeys had the grunt off the line (Denis Betty got a peach of a start) it was only on the second lap with the tyres warmed up did i start. this was quickly assisted by a few car getting out of shape in the corkscrew and leaving a big hole to slip though. had some great laps with Roland in a healey and Steven in a junior.
Roland had the grunt on the straight and me and Steven had the corner fun,
we swapped places a few times down to little slides. after making my way past Roland after he had a little wiggle i was off after Steven again. this time we had Antonio up the front by 6 seconds and we tried to chase him down . I could see we were closing in on Antonio so as he drew close i tightened my belts and was looking for a way past Steven... I got by and with 4 laps to go was right on the back on Antonio's Healey. It was almost impossible to get by Roland so was wondering what to do. i nearly made a hash of it a couple of times , but i did pull a nifty move in the left hander after the corkscrew and i was though clear track ahead of me .. But i messed up in the last turn. i knew i had to push as the healey had the grunt on the straight to get by and he did :roflmao::roflmao:.
So off i went again in hot pursuit the last 2 laps were real close but with no where to get bye. Steven was now also catching as Antonio was hitting his apexis and using the healey power to fend me off. I could not pull the same move again as he was now covering this line.
So we rolled into the corner on the last lap he had a big wobble but it was right in my line so i had to lift. With Steven right on my tail we crossed the line in 2nd as the healey had the grunt to the line..

So a great night of fun
WD all who finished :thumbsup:
congrats to the podiums:thumbsup::thumbsup:
well done to the fastest lap guys, oh that would be me:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D
and the overall victory on the night :)

Let's see what next week brings and the cars for Laguna Seca...

Wow, what a great evenings racing and superb fun too. Had a couple of good starts (thanks Rupe) and, if I could've just kept it on the island :redface:, may have kept the leaders in sight. As it was, I managed 4th in R1 and 5th in R2 with my tyres going off in the Healey.
Nice cars and a great track.
Looking forward to next week.:thumbsup:

:notworthy:Felt good to make it to a thursday night race once again, and better, even a whole race night for a change.. a night with an interesting car choice too:D
These 2 were very well matched here, so :thumbsup: for that,Rupe! But not the easiest ones to jump into stone cold.
The default Alfa setup proved quite nervous for my taste, but after a while I managed screwup-free laps or at least a few of them. In Q1 I was the slowest Alfa and R1 was quite an adventure, with several expeditions to sandy places where noone had gone before...:laugh:

P2 and Q2 were better already, the default Healey setup turned out to be pretty stable, but this time the problem was the driver that couldn't adjust to this kind of car quick enough:redface:.

Coming from Race 1 in an Alfa, driving this Healey felt a lot more like steering my boat than like driving my car.:p And it felt I had to begin steering into the next turn before I could even see the corner!:sick: It does have some serious 3rd gear grunt though:thumbsup:
:notworthy::notworthy: Respect to Rupe for lasting an entire league season with this car!

R2 started pretty good, somewhere midpack, and after witnessing a few others' incidents I even landed in 2nd place for a while?!? That was scary, I had my hands full keeping this thing on track, last thing I needed is the whole field hunting me down:O_o::confused:,

That didn't last too long, as after my first trip into the sand (courtesy of a friendly fellow racer;)) several others followed which made me finish somewhere at the back of the field. Inbetween I had some really good battles and some pretty fun laps, so it was quite an enjoyable couple of races despite not feeling very comfortable in either car.

Thanks all for racing, Grats to the winners and podium finishers and hope to CYA on track soon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back