GTC-65 Alfa Romeo Jnr Vs Austin Healey 3000 @ Hidden Valley Raceway - Thu 2nd January 2014

Steven Walker

Slowly getting better!
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL2

Class: GTC-65 Austin Healey 3000 (Default) v TC-65 Alfa Romeo Junior ( Download ) + ( Sounds )
Track: Hidden Valley Raceway (1.8m - 2.8km) (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (17 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (17 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Alfa / Race2 = Healey. Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Steve Walker - Alfa / Healey
  2. Rupe Wilson - Healey / Alfa
  3. Hans Sneep - Alfa / Healey
  4. Jack Smith - Healey / Alfa
  5. Denis Betty - Alfa / Healey
  6. Philip Brown - Healey / Alfa
  7. Yves Larose - Alfa / Healey
  8. Jacob Boonstra - Healey / Alfa
  9. Rene van Zijp - Alfa / Healey
  10. Warren Schembri - Healey / Alfa
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Alfa / Healey
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are too late for that session.

Please think of your fellow drivers. Get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive. We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.

If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Yay. I got the first win of 2014 :laugh: Last night was great fun.

Race 1 in the Alfa Jnr and I got a good start again with @Yves Larose struggling to get away from the line. Slotting in behind @Jacob Boonstra, who also got a great start, I just tried to stay with him as he had the horsepower to open a nice gap on the straight. Luckily for me he had a little spin going around the first bend by about half race distance which left the way open to claim the lead. From there all I had to do was try to open enough of a gap in the twisty section at the back of the circuit to enable me to stay in front down the start/finish straight which I just managed to do and took the win. I think that if you hadn't spun out that time Jacob you would have won the race but the pressure you were putting on me helped me to focus all race long so cheers mate and well done on the second place finish. Also congratulations to @Jack Smith for gaining and holding onto 3rd place. :thumbsup:

Race 2 in the Healey and @Denis Betty got a blinding start and we passed either side of Yves (again :whistling:) and again I slotted in behind Denis but Yves managed to squeeze up the inside and gained second place. The status quo was maintained all the way around the first lap but on the run down the straight I managed to get a great slipstream from both Denis and Yves which meant that we were three abreast going into the braking zone for turn 1. Sadly I misjudged my approach speed and braked at the normal point which, on this occasion, was too late so I ran wide through the corner and Yves got the lead and Denis slid into second place with myself a very close 3rd place. As we approached the last complex of turns Denis managed to spin his rears up and lost control leaving me just enough room to scrape by into 2nd but unfortunately for everyone else behind it caused a bit of a problem :sneaky:. I did try to stay with Yves but he was just a little faster around the track than I and a couple of coughing fits from myself caused me to slow a little( I was wearing my new TrackIR at the time so every time I coughed my view went crazy :laugh:). That's the way it ended with Yves taking the win :thumbsup: myself in 2nd place and Jacob coming in in the 3rd podium spot :thumbsup:.

Congratulations to all podiums and well done everyone else. Thanks for racing with us and see you next track.:D

Well that was a good race to start a new year. For the first time it felt good driving the Healey :cool:
Had a good start and took the lead with Steven close behind me. First part of the track was for the Healey, second part the Alfa was quicker. On the straight the Healey took a nice gap, so for Steven in the Alfa it was difficult to overtake unless I made a mistake..... and yes it happened :redface: a late brake at the end of the straight made the Healey slide and lost the first place to Steven. Tried to get close behind him for a overtake on the straight but never managed to do that. But kept close enough to keep the pressure on him :D
Well done Steven for the win and Jack for the third place :thumbsup:

Race 2 in the Alfa was also a blast. After the start I was in 4 place, behind Yves, Steven and Denis.
In the second lap Denis spinnend and I couldn't avoid him (don't worry about you should have hit escape, accidents happens, part of racing). Back on track in 4 place behind Rupe. Thought I would never get near him because he was quicker in the Alfa, unfortunately he spun bringing me in 3 place. Yves and Steven were too far away to catch them, so finished in third.
Grats to Yves for the win and Steve for second place:thumbsup:

Well guys thx for having a good time, cya next race:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back