GTC-65 Alfa Romeo Jnr Vs Austin Healey 3000 @ Hidden Valley Raceway - Thu 2nd January 2014

Steven Walker

Slowly getting better!
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL2

Class: GTC-65 Austin Healey 3000 (Default) v TC-65 Alfa Romeo Junior ( Download ) + ( Sounds )
Track: Hidden Valley Raceway (1.8m - 2.8km) (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (17 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (17 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Alfa / Race2 = Healey. Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Steve Walker - Alfa / Healey
  2. Rupe Wilson - Healey / Alfa
  3. Hans Sneep - Alfa / Healey
  4. Jack Smith - Healey / Alfa
  5. Denis Betty - Alfa / Healey
  6. Philip Brown - Healey / Alfa
  7. Yves Larose - Alfa / Healey
  8. Jacob Boonstra - Healey / Alfa
  9. Rene van Zijp - Alfa / Healey
  10. Warren Schembri - Healey / Alfa
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Alfa / Healey
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are too late for that session.

Please think of your fellow drivers. Get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive. We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.

If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Well, I did a bit of practice earlier today and managed to qually well in both races. In R1 I was too cautious at the start and lost a few places. After that I came across a few accidents and lost time but had great fun racing.

In R2 I got a great start and was astonished to find myself in P1 at the end of the 1st lap. Unfortunately, after Yves had passed me and with Steve breathing down my neck, I had a complete nose bleed and span in front of the whole pack. I'm really sorry about that, I know I spoiled the race for a few people (Hans and Jack for sure) so I can only apologise. On reflection, I maybe could have his esc.
Sorry guys I'll try not to do that again.
See you all next race where I'll be on my very best behaviour. :)

Had fun in my first event since last year, but it didn't seem that long ago. In race 1 I was able to hang with the front runners long enough to capitalize on a spin by Yves and scratch out my first podium of the year. Race 2 started out good but I came across a wounded Denis whom I couldn't avoid and then received a little tap from some little -known back runner which landed me on a curb hiding an invisible hole which trapped me. Denis who had to wait , push me out, before he could in good conscience continue...thanks mate. I then had a ball chasing Warren for several laps and was planning on a good battle when I got close but unfortunately he lost it. It took several more laps to get a glimpse of Rene and as I was getting a bit closer but he also lost it ..this time on turn one and I slipped by. I was alone to the end except to be lapped by Yves and Steve on the last lap due to running off track on the last corner.

Cars felt good, WD podiums, cheers to all, thanks Steve for the hard work

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back