GTC-65 Abarth 1000TCR @ Mondello park -Tue 18th March 2014

flyertc65.jpg
Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL1

Class: TC-65 Abarth 1000TCR ( Download ) + Abarth sounds pack (Download)
Track: Mondello park short 1.146km
Track: Mondello part international 3.621km

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Times may vary a little but we have 2 sprint races and a feature race
for the feature race we will move to server 2

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Track: Mondello Park Short
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL1
Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Track: Mondello Park Short
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL1
Practice start time: GMT 20:45 (3 min comfort break)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:50 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:00 ( 13 laps )
------------------------- Race 3 ----------------------------------
Track: Mondello Park International
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL2
Practice start time: GMT 21:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: please only use the liveries that come with the mod
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: We will run both tracks short and long
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please.

Server password:
Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Roland Warmenhoven
  4. Steve Walker
  5. Warren Dawes
  6. Jack Smith
  7. Richie Hill
  8. Franklin Stegink
  9. Denis Betty
  10. Allan Ramsbottom
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
I guess we kind of have to step back every now and again and remember that these are just fun, club races. It should be more about the guys you are racing with than winning. My head was not in the right place to be racing and I should have signed out but I didn't.... resulting in I had no focus and made numerous mistakes which only frustrated me more. Someone could have given me $1000 and I would have been pissed off that it was only a $1000.

Good to see Denis mention his mistake because it helps set the tone we are proud of in the GTL ( Historic) group. Remember if you cause some one grief you should wait for them, no matter if you are the best or worst driver.

Last edited:
Yep, almost all of the GTL guys have the right attitude, the "incidents" are certainly just unfortunate accidents, and in most cases, the offending driver waits, so his race is compromised as well. These accidents will happen occasionally, it's part of on-line racing.

I don't profess to be an expert (or even free from blame sometimes), but maybe I can offer something resembling advice.
In my (rather long) experience, there seems to be a relationship between excessive hot lapping practice, and the frequency of turn 1 crashes. I also used to fall for this trap.
If drivers spend lots of time fine tuning their driving lines, braking points, etc with many laps of hot lapping, they tend to groove their braking point very well. Unfortunately, they seem to look for this same braking point right from the start of the race, which can be a big mistake. At race start, turn 1, drivers need to remember that tyres are cold, and there is a concertina effect from the front cars braking, when of course they will also be braking earlier than normal. You need to brake much earlier than normal, especially if you are further back in the field. If you go looking for your normal brake marker, you will almost certainly cause a pile up.
I'd like to think that this simple cause brings about many of the turn 1 crashes, rather than drivers trying too aggressively to gain spots at turn 1. ;)

Maybe worth thinking about. :unsure:

I think in all the time me and Warren and Jack have raced together.
On one hand i can count the amount of times we have tapped each other of track, and we have raced very close going into the first corner and lapping lap after lap right on each others bumpers,
its all about the racing over were we finished in the race,
Its not the end of the world if you loose a few positions going into corner one, 5 cars cant all own the same apex at the same time all have to give a bit of room.
there is no need to shove it up the inside for the glory.

I do remember we had a few rules for corner one that most for the drivers if not all have stated they have read and understood. We did have a few guys question why i made the extra rules.
New guys were coming into the sim and driving with the older regulars, and lets just say they were more interested in the winning over the racing.
So I needed to address that problem

Race:
  1. On the first few corners of a race you MUST be careful going into the corners there is to be no weaving under breaking the track will be driven correctly. Inside line means you have to leave room on the exit for the driver on the outside and the driver on the outside can't shut the door to the apex. You must leave room for the car on the inside.
  2. Only when you have a good car length to the following car can you take the full racing line.
  3. Sticking your car into gaps that don't exist will be frowned upon. Dive-bombing or last of the late breakers is also NOT allowed.

I remember when Stuart and Knut were running the show and i was the noob in my first few races,

i was amazed at how polite all the drivers were on track it was really a eye opener for me, having come from a Race07 mayhem. (Race07 is better now thanks to Dennis and Justin).

This was how i dreamed racing online should be.

I don't want to have to get tough on the drivers again and do realise accidents can happen i've made a few of them myself.
And it is noted that guys are waiting and we have no rage typing in the forum or finger pointing.
But i do feel the frustration for the guys that loose out due to little errors from drivers.

So lets just all think about this for the next race and give some Room in the first few corners of a race.
the last thing we need is guys not wanting to race due to problems going into turn one.
that means also the guys feeling bad for causing the problems.
its only a game. don't beat yourselves up over it to much, let all be a little more careful and bring back the good old days of GTL
Make Stuart and Knut proud of us for keeping the club how they made it.
they do have the right idea in how a club should operate.:)

Yep, almost all of the GTL guys have the right attitude, the "incidents" are certainly just unfortunate accidents
In my (rather long) experience, there seems to be a relationship between excessive hot lapping practice, and the frequency of turn 1 crashes.
Certainly something to think about @Warren Dawes, thanks!
If this is true I'm pretty much off the hook as you may know I never practice for Club races:p
No seriously, although I consider myself to be a reasonably safe simracer, I also get involved in incidents and cause them too. Not too often thankfully but if I do I hate it.
I do remember we had a few rules for corner one that most for the drivers if not all have stated they have read and understood. We did have a few guys question why i made the extra rules. <--Guilty - RW
the last thing we need is guys not wanting to race due to problems going into turn one.
that means also the guys feeling bad for causing the problems.its only a game. don't beat yourselves up over it to much, let all be a little more careful and bring back the good old days of GTL...
Very true too, sir.
So yes @Denis Betty please don't be too hard on yourself, I never meant to make you feel bad, just think of Turn 1 as a thing that can only go better next time:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back