AC GTA @ Feldbergring - Mon 04June18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the race tonight :thumbsup:. My first ever online AC race... and I came last :( You guys are so fast!

I think I will stick to making, and not racing ;)

Thanks for the race tonight :thumbsup:. My first ever online AC race... and I came last :( You guys are so fast!

I think I will stick to making, and not racing ;)

It's all about practice :thumbsup: We've all been there. The track is really cool, you gain so much if you push hard, but the risks are also huge (the biggest one being the left hander with the fences about 2/3 of the way in). Thanks for such a great recreation.

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for trying my track for your online race.

Could I just ask, if any of you have any issues, either with the physics of the track, or any part of the visuals, could you please send me a PM? I am working on v1.1 with just a few amendments and improvements, but now's the time to correct anything else you may have spotted.

Biggest changes will be:
36 grid slots
reduced step from tarmac to cobbles entering the village
higher invisible walls to prevent cars from 'falling through space' in the event of a huge crash

Cheers!

Could I just ask, if any of you have any issues, either with the physics of the track, or any part of the visuals, could you please send me a PM? I am working on v1.1 with just a few amendments and improvements, but now's the time to correct anything else you may have spotted.

Biggest changes will be:
36 grid slots
higher invisible walls to prevent cars from 'falling through space' in the event of a huge crash

Cheers!
collidable hay bales they are like concreed now :)

Bring it on to RF2 please

Biggest changes will be:
36 grid slots

Cheers!
I have sent you a few ideas. I love the track (brings me right back to Germany) and I couldn't see any quality issues.
Also: Performance is amazing - I couldn't see any performance issues compared to Kunos tracks - it looks that it should work great even with larger fields of cars.

Maybe just one small thing but it might be work intensive:

German cobble stone roads very often have a quite defined shape of the groove where heavy vehicles regularly drive (loaded farming machines, trucks, etc …) and show discoloration where regular traffic is driving (tire groove).

Also in most cases with cobble stone roads there is almost always patches in areas where road repairs have been made with smooth asphalt patches here and there.

Also in villages, cities with cobble stone roads there are ALWAYS rain gutters and man hole covers logically spread along the road as to prevent flooding and aid sewer access - I recall not seeing such details in the village.

I regret not having been able to make the race but I truly enjoy the quality of the track.

PM'd you about bumps/physical mesh a while ago - some of the trees seem to glow even when they're backlit, that was the only other thing I noticed. Admittedly I wasn't exactly looking around much :p maybe some horizon scenery? can occasionally seem like you're driving around an isolated mountain top.

Last edited:
@Fat-Alfie yesterday I noticed that, when approaching the finish straight, I get yellow flags if any car was in the pits.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed it.
This might be related to the fact that starting a practice session there's immediately a track cut detection.
Anyway, your creation is a work of art and pure joy to race.

@Fat-Alfie yesterday I noticed that, when approaching the finish straight, I get yellow flags if any car was in the pits.
This might be related to the fact that starting a practice session there's immediately a track cut detection.
Anyway, your creation is a work of art and pure joy to race.

I think there was something mentioned about the pits not being part of the track at present, and that was one of the things fixed in 1.1

collidable hay bales - they are like concrete now :)

Objects with simple collision are like concrete, unfortunately - on or off. I won't be making them dynamic due to impact on performance and the way AC handles dynamic objects.

Bring it on to RF2 please
Not going to happen, sorry. I have too many tracks that I want to make for AC.

German cobble stone roads very often have a quite defined shape of the groove where heavy vehicles regularly drive (loaded farming machines, trucks, etc …) and show discoloration where regular traffic is driving (tire groove).
That's a nice idea, and a possibility. I'm not sure how practical it would be in a race situation, as I guess the shaping of the cobbled road would act like tram tracks and 'steer' your car. I might do a test to see.

Also in most cases with cobble stone roads there is almost always patches in areas where road repairs have been made with smooth asphalt patches here and there.
Ugly, but possible :D

Also in villages, cities with cobble stone roads there are ALWAYS rain gutters and man hole covers logically spread along the road as to prevent flooding and aid sewer access - I recall not seeing such details in the village.
I haven't added gutters along the sides, but I have already added storm drains and man hole covers to the cobbled section for v1.1

some of the trees seem to glow even when they're backlit, that was the only other thing I noticed. Admittedly I wasn't exactly looking around much :p maybe some horizon scenery? can occasionally seem like you're driving around an isolated mountain top.
I need to rework all the tree and grass textures to beef up the alpha channel. And the scenery? The track already sits within a 49km² landscape - how far would you like to see?! :roflmao:

yesterday I noticed that, when approaching the finish straight, I get yellow flags if any car was in the pits.
I get this too, even racing offline against the AI. I think it has to do with the way AC senses danger. As you drive along the back straight you are pretty much driving directly at the cars in the pits, with no wall between you and them. I guess AC sees this as a hazard (!) as it doesn't know that you will be driving around a kink in the road. I might be wrong - does anyone else get this yellow flag on any other tracks?

Currently, on v1.0, the pits are classified as NOT VALID ROAD, so I guess if there is a car in the pits, AC will see that the same as a car on the grass verge and thus a hazard.

If that's the case, then the yellow flags should be fixed for v1.1 - I'll see if I can find time to test it out tonight.

Not going to happen, sorry. I have too many tracks that I want to make for AC.

yeh very sorry due to worst FFB in AC and worst tyres :) and no more support from AC as they stated in intervview with Paul Jeffreys so AC will die :( in short future and RF2 will grow and improve even more :)

1 con for AC is their graphics but graphics is 2nd place

yeh very sorry due to worst FFB in AC and worst tyres :) and no more support from AC as they stated in intervview with Paul Jeffreys so AC will die :( in short future and RF2 will grow and improve even more :)

1 con for AC is their graphics but graphics is 2nd place

If anyone wants to see my Qually lap, that WOULD have been an RSR record, until @Celtic Pharaoh pulled the lap of the gods off... :p

Seeing you pull those amazing lap times, especially on a setup you shared that I found so incredibly difficult to drive (lift off oversteer and very sudden oversteer on heavy braking) was a big factor for me sitting this one out.

Maybe next time you can slow down a little :whistling:

… some ballast perhaps:
08326ed52d40e339ef571d2d855482e5.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back