GT5 GT500 | Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Pocock

I'M BACK... Again :)
sgt500ws1.jpg

Here you can post all things media related to season 1 of the RD GT5 GT500 World Series

Well done gents. Do you want to share any strategy details? Not having had chance to practice I was finding my way.... I started on RH and they were pretty spent after 16 laps, so I tried RM next which seemd a couple of seconds faster without showing much more wear, so I stuck with them - on the first stint I was watching Dub gain 5 seconds a lap on on me :confused: . Pitted on 16, and 33. Went cross country once and ended up backwards watching Dub lap me again another time.

what a race this was, after the restart i started on pole, at the start Matthijs got out of the gird better then i did, so i was right on his tail, on the straight, after the first chicane me and Dub where side by side and due to the lag we touched and Dub was stuck on the sand and lost a lot of time. After this incident i was on Matthijs tail and we were close together, on the straigth i was able to pass him adn i could hold it on the rest of the track, on the straigths Matthijs could get by my side but it seemed he didn't had the top speed to pass me, some time after Matthijs went off at the entry of the Porsche curves and i was able to clear a gap, he then stopped and i stopped some laps after and took enough fuel to go to the end and equiped with soft tyres instead of medium, i was planning to do a single stop but withthe soft tyres i was having a hard time on the final 3 or 4 laps, i was able to pass Matthijs when he stopped for the 2nd time but when he returned to the track he was gainning a lot of time, we had a great battle from Mulsane until the first of the Porsche corner's when Matthijs spun and i was able to gain some more time, but them i spun on the Dunlop chicane and i was stuck on the sand, which allowed Matthijs to pass me, due to the tyre wear i was losing a lot of time to Dub and he eventually passed me, i finished 3rd, although i am happy with my pace on the first part of the race, i have to plan my pitstops more carefully next time.
congratulations to Matthijs for the victory and to Dub for the championship :thumbsup:
thank you Stu for organizing this league :)

Thank you all for kind words and first I would like to thank Stuart for organizing and basically running the championship for Matthijs, Rui and myself. We enjoyed driving these cars very much. Secondly congratulations to Matthijs on his first win and getting second place in the championship. Also congratulations to Rui for putting a great fight last night and trying to get the win and in front of Matthijs in the standings.

My race was a mix of emotions. At the beginning I was nervous and didn't want to get in the way of battle for the second place. Restart just made it worse and it was more than a year and a half since I raced at La Sarthe. I think I gave it too much respect and that is why after my incident with Rui I ended up in the gravel two more times. I was minute and a half behind the leader and my tyres were ruined for the first stint. I barely made 7 laps that were required for a two stop strategy.

After my pitstop I was 50 seconds behind the leader. Still I wasn't even dreaming about the second place or possibility of a win. I was angry at myself, car and a track so I tried to get the fastest lap of the race. From that moment everything clicked into place for me. It was surreal. I started hitting every apex, I felt that I had more grip than ever and at times that someone else was behind the wheel. :alien:

This happened to me twice during my simracing so I know what actually happened. When your angry your not over thinking about everything during your race. Your driving on instinct alone. When that happens your only obstacle is the cars performance.

My second pitstop was on lap 14 and I was 30 seconds behind. Matthijs made a mistake as I noticed that now Rui was in the lead. I continued to push on. Battle for the win started as Rui and Matthijs changed places for who knows how many times. They were right beside each other. :)
Now I was 20 seconds behind and all kind of crazy ideas were getting into my head. Rui couldn't defend on an old rubber but still slowed me down enough so i couldn't get closer to Matthijs.
What an experience! :thumbsup:

Thank you all who participated and I hope I'll see you in the next league!

Take it away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back