rF2 GT500 & S397 GT3 @ Autopolis - Fri 05 Feb 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Please sign me up for a GT500. I haven't tested these cars or the track so may switch to GT3 before the race if that's okay.

Changing to GT3. I can't drive well enough for these things.

Gonna quit because I'm nothing but a liability. Might watch a bit though. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Jebus that was the mother of all battles in GT3 :O_o:

Before I say anything, can some kind soul please upload the replay? I stupidly forgot to turn 'save replay automatically' on :poop:

Cheers guys, much appreciated, I already got it from Michael in a PM :thumbsup:

Right, that was one of the most epic fights I've ever been in in 19 years of online simracing, I've had similar, race long battles before and this was right up there.

My qually pace wasnt great, I chose not to focus much on the setup and just tried to perfect the lines as I found the track a real challenge, all the long sweeping corners called for a slightly loose car while in other places called for a neutral car. During warmup I gamled on the setup and while it was fine and fast during the two laps I made, it sure bit me in the arse after some more laps in the race - the car was terrible all race, really really loose, I should have stayed on the regular setup and just modded it slightly as my race pace was surprisingly competitive.

I had a good start and kept it within the leaders dicing for position with both them and the slower GT500's which was interesting to say the least. Found myself 2nd behind Michael heading to T1 on L3 when suddenly a GT500, who I think had spun or something earlier, came up to pass us. He just managed to squeeze by me before T1 but then clattered into Michael and spun him out. I had a front row seat to that one and tbh, that was a bonehead move, whoever that was, spinning out the class leader. You could easily have passed us both down the following straight.
Found myself leading after that and thats where I begun experiencing the car getting worse lap by lap. Not long after I looped it in that quick right hander where the car almost bottoms out, it came totally as a surprise and while I lost a ton of seconds getting back going, I also realized the car would be a real handful the rest of the race.
Repassed a couple of cars until I found myself behind the lead battle of Dastan and Michael and thats where I stayed for a long time, all the way until the last quarter of the race where I started to challenge Michael, then dropped back, then challenge again, then tried a 'send it' pass (as encouraged by CC) which almost worked until I turned in on Michael and promply got spun out. Looking at the replay, I could see it was largely my own fault, so fair play to Michael for continuing :).
Got going (again) and thought the race was settled until I heard CC telling me 'looks like Farrokhzad has binned it' and saw Michael getting passed. Race on! Coming in to the last lap, we werent much more than 1,5 seconds apart all three and I knew we were in for a real life, TV GT3 ending most likely. Heading into T1, a lone GT500 wanted to play ball, why I really dont know, I mean it was for position so he was allowed to, but it disturbed an otherwise great battle for the win. Whoever that was, you were in your right to challenge, but come on, it wasnt nessecary as you had nothing to race for, we did. It ruined a 3 way fight for the win.
Coming in to the last sector I managed to get alongside Dastan for some side by side racing, unfortunately it ended in a tap but Dastan, being the class act, waited and gave me 2nd. Top fair play mate :thumbsup:

Easily the best race I've had in a long time guys, many thanks for that :D

Last edited:
I had a good start and kept it within the leaders dicing for position with both them and the slower GT500's which was interesting to say the least. Found myself 2nd behind Michael heading to T1 on L3 when suddenly a GT500, who I think had spun or something earlier, came up to pass us. He just managed to squeeze by me before T1 but then clattered into Michael and spun him out. I had a front row seat to that one and tbh, that was a bonehead move, whoever that was, spinning out the class leader. You could easily have passed us both down the following straight.
Already got a PM apology so no worries. It wasn't the only move though, I saw a few GT500s that were a bit questionable so to say. Please guys, try to keep track of what's going on. The 3 class leaders were within like 1.5 seconds on the last lap when a GT500 that seemed to be really alone where it was tried to lap us and interfered with the battle. Things like that are not too fun, please try to keep that in mind.
Had some epic battles with @xoSx.Racing and @Jan Larsen so it was a fun race after all. But pretty chaotic overall.

20210205225827_1.jpg

Well that was a great result for me. I managed to start and finish a race with you guys without the Internet dropping or the small ankle biters waking up needing toilets or nappy changes. (the stars and planets must have aligned for me this morning).
I was happy with my performance. Wasn't really able to practice much this week as work has been rather hectic of late.
Managed to drive without making hardly any mistakes but I wasn't the quickest GT3 out there by a long chalk.
Was having a good race and got a love tap on the batty by a Boatly, driver didn't stop to let me pass back so guess it wasn't his fault somehow. Not really a big deal but still was a tarnish on a fairly consistent race for me.

That was a real challenge but fun! You know its a challenge when I'm off my PB from practice by just over second in qualy lol... Fast lap times in qualy from the top five especially top 2, I would have made it a fast top 6 lol but messed up qualy..

Almost spun on the first lap and lost 2 spots. I found a pace that's a bit slow because I wanted to be mindful of the tires falling off quick in the GT500. For the most part I kept it on the black stuff, one pit stop for tires and finished where I started in P7 lol.

Had a bad race last time, kept spinning which was unusual.
But really had fun today with you guys! Congrats to the class winners and podiums. Thank you @Ole Marius Myrvold for hosting

Here's my onboard from external view

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing